Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

New Sebart Wind 50E

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 PM
banez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Sebart Wind 50E

ORIGINAL: StefG

i have been flying my Wind s50 for about 2 months. using hacker 50 16S with Castle 100 Esc. i am using 6S 5000 lipos. i have expermited withnumerious props includingXOAR electricwood props in 16x8 and17x10. we have gotten the best preformance out of APCe 17x10 props. Flying weight with battery is 7.6 Lbs. A little heaver that posted due to size of battery and 100 amp ESC. Great flying plane. Will step up to the 110 in the near future. i also have the Miss Wind S50 bi-plane. i am using the same setup with it.
Hello,
What flight times are you getting with the 6S 5000mAh lipo?

Old 04-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Sarah

Hi Guys,

I've been flying my Angel 50 for quite some time now and it is my favourite aircraft to fly, with a Hacker A50-16S, Hacker X70 esc and 6S-3700 FLightpower Li-Po's.

I want to get another Sebart Angel 50, in case I have a problem with my first one (don't wanted to mention the c**sh word ). However I might consider getting a Wind 50E instead.

I've read earlier in the posts about some differences in the two, but could anyone please expand on the two Sebart model and their flying characteristics. I'd be grateful for any information which will help me decide between the two.

Many thanks,

Sarah
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM
koakiss

hi there a budy asked about my power system on the wind today so i rigged the CC speed controler on to the laptop and WOW i was realy supprised to see the numbers.
i am running the scorpion 4025-12 motor on 16x10 turnigy e lite with the CC ice 100. Numbers are good 2025watts on a fresh pack with a 2.5v drop on the packs. i recommend it as a good power system. the motor had 87 amps running through it at the time so i think i will lower the power to 90% to be on the safe side. hmm maybe not, it can run on 85amp continusly so i think i will keep it on 100%. sweet.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:28 AM
MD80Driver

Hi Koakiss,

I have the same setup as yours just wood JXF 16X10 prop. Still waiting for my batteries to arrive from KH, will use 4000mah 6s, what do you use?
How do find the performance with that setup? My previous setup was completly wrong, had no power at all. So changed the setup a while ago, just so frustrating to wait for the battries now. I hope will have a lots of power this time.

regards
Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM
koakiss

you will be running the same packs i have now, zippy(not the best choice but does the job) 4000mah 6s 40c. the motor rocks and you will get good output if you download the cc logs. i am getting around 7 min or so of flying time out of it which leaves 3.75 or so per cell after landing... which is not exactly what i hopped but will do for now. my tail servo is in the front using pull pull so the bat. has to be pushed to the back a bit to get the right CG.
was looking for a 8min plus with at least 3.75 in the cell.
some of the guys here... older people are getting me to prop down and pitch down for longer flying times, i think they just dont like the fact that my will rocket and they could not, was going to even prop up to a 17x8... put they took my prop and grinded it down to a 16.5ish x8, so sad.
was also going to order some bigger pants and wheels for the grass but they also got me to strip my yak54 gasser wheels and put it on the wind.
also running without a spinner because they said that its making the blades not tracking...
anyways now my plane look the same way as them hope that will be it.
still looking for pants and wheels. so to anyone who can help out.
trust me you will like this setup.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:21 AM
MD80Driver

Hi Koakiss,

Well my chargers arrived today, but the batteries still at custums.
Thats good to know the aircraft will rock, just want the sebart to climb like a beast when I open the throttle.
I ordered my link today to download the esc, do you have do load after each flight to see whats happening, so for instance you had 6 flights, does the esc give you avg on all 6 flight or what? I am new to electric flying.

Regards,
M
Old 05-03-2011, 01:24 PM
koakiss

the esc will record everything even the restart as long as you have memory space it will record it. i find it no need to check it after each flight, just need to probe what you are drawing at wot not to overload the motor or the esc. 16x10 or 16.5x8 will be fine. it will both give you borderline perfomance, which is 2000w static and around 86~90a with a fresh pack, the motor will studder during initial start from a stand still but that does not matter because that will never happen while you are in the air, start with middle response and move your way up, i find there is leg on the middle and may need to increase it to get a real time response.
Good luck and have fun, oh but the way soldering the 4mm gold connectors onto the esc will be tricky i find it easier to cut the original cc motor terminal to get them to fit inside the 4mm connecters.
and please do report back and let everyone know how much rocking power this set up can produce.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
MD80Driver

Hi Koakiss, Will let you know how this aircraft perform as soon I get the aircraft in the air. Just another question, cause I'm running a 6s, do I need have a separate RX battery? Do I understand it correctly only can use the BEC on this ESC for the receiver if running up to 3s? Above 3s need use separate RX battery?

Regards,
m
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
koakiss

are you using the ice 100? or lite 100? i am not using a seperate batt. because i read on the instruction cards that ice 100 and all ice esc can handle 3A current draw from the servos, as the throws and movement are so small, i seriously dought that it will go over even 1.5A. i would like to put a walt meter or a current reader on it some day. i think you will be fine. ask castle if unsure. the instruction looks clear enough for me.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you'd ever have an issue running the BEC. The only way you'd be seeing that kind of current draw is if you had a bind somewhere. I've flown a Miss Wind VERY aggressively with the BEC and never had a bit of problems, and that plane has 4 aileron servos rather than 2. You wont have any problems running the BEC setup on the Wind 50.

Arch
Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
koakiss

its nice to have asuring answers, i guess this is the best you can get. running 2 more servos and using them hard with no problems tells you that you are fine. Thanks RCPATTERN dude! by the way anywhere i can get some pants that will fit a larger wheel for grass? when i lend with the stock wheels and pants, landing feels like to land on a aircraft carrier, control impact would be the best way to say what i see when i touch down.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't played with bigger pants. However you can use slightly larger wheels if you space the wheel over by a couple of washers on the axle. This will allow for the largest possible wheel in the pants. I'm sure though you could pick up any ARF wheel pant that is larger and make it work.

Arch
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 PM
MD80Driver

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the info. I am using the Castle Phoenix ICE 100, not sure if I am reading the instructions wrong. It basictly say if you using more than 3s do not use the BEC. I do not want to use RX battery for weight purposes. So you guys think I will be safe using the BEC?
Electric flying all new to me.

Regards,
M

Old 05-05-2011, 04:41 AM
J Lachowski
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: MD80Driver

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the info. I am using the Castle Phoenix ICE 100, not sure if I am reading the instructions wrong. It basictly say if you using more than 3s do not use the BEC. I do not want to use RX battery for weight purposes. So you guys think I will be safe using the BEC?
Electric flying all new to me.

Regards,
M

I'm using the 100 Lite in an Osiris on 5S using the BEC. The Ice controllers have a switching BEC that handles up to 5 amps.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...oenix_ice.html
Old 05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
koakiss

yes yes you are fine, dont worry, just make sure you have no binding on the control connecters. see i thought it was 3amp guess i was wrong.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:47 PM
MD80Driver

Hi guys,

Just some feed back, did fly the aircraft yesterday, wow I was very impressed with the setup. I only flew 6 minutes at time to make sure everything is fine, there was still 50% battery left.
Thank you for all the help. Only thing I have notice is when I do a loop, in the climb out the aircraft wants to roll right. Is that because I set my ESC  not in the middle but to right? I have removed that one piece of ply wood just under the motor mount, I have installed the ESC in there to get max cooling.

Regards
M
Old 05-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

More likely is one your elevators are not moving the same amount.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:37 AM
koakiss

congrats what was the voltage per cell after 6 min. and i agree esc mounting will not effect like that, check the elevaters and check that the stab. is secure.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Paps

Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy the plane, but as its going to be my 1st electro model i would like to know what to use as a motor and esc.

I will be going with 5S Turnigy batteries. I was looking at Turnigy motors and ESCs also but dont know what to go with. Also i would like to know what would be the best prop with the motor that you suggest on 5s?

Regards,
Old 05-09-2011, 12:26 PM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

What are the settings you guys are using with the Ice75 and Hacker A50-16s combo? Hope to maiden mine in the next couple days.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:52 PM
koakiss

Hi there budy, this is a good model from the price so i think you will enjoy this 1st electro.
with a 5s pack you have to take care of the capacity because you will need around 80~90wattts to get 6 to 7 min in light wind conditions. and with stronger wind you are looking at 6 min max.
with a 5s you will need a higher kv motor or a lager prop, with prop you can go up to about 17 and 18 max 19 is pushing it a bit. anything bigger you got to take care not to hit the ground.
the stock hacker is 380kv if i remember correctly running on 6s, so with a 5s you should be looking at something like 500kv and above with the 16x10 to produce a similar pull.
with this setup you will be looking at something around 80~90A at WOT, so a 100A esc is a better choice. and also you will need a motor which can handle this current.
also take care with aliron servos, they are disigned to fit with low profile.
i know hk have motors that might be able to run this bird on 5s but take care not to cook something.
Esc i will sugest CC stuff they have a lot of twick you may need to play with timing, brake and stuff, and the best part data logging so you know whats the limit.
motor TGY AerodriveXp 46 SK Series 50-55 580Kv / 1580w.
you will need at around 1400watts to see some nice verticals with a little reserve.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 PM
MD80Driver

Hi guys,

Went I fly yesterday again, and what nice aircraft to fly. I only check the website this morning, after today flying will have a look at the batteries what is the volts per cell. Will also now pay attention to the elevators. Just another thing I notice when I open the throttle to full there is a strange noise at full throttle for a second or two, what can that be? And when I fly half throttle and open it slightly there is not much response, do I need to play with throttle curves on my radio?

Thank you advance for all the info.
Regards,
M
Old 05-10-2011, 02:15 AM
koakiss

yes i also had this sluggish response, after i increased the response time from 5 stock setting to 7 everything changed. give it a try you should see a big difference. good luck!
oil the bearing a bit, scorpion bearings are oiled out of the factory but its good to oil it up a bit to be on the safe side.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 AM
MD80Driver

Hi Koakiss,

How do I change the stock setting from 5 to 7? I do not have the link from castle creations yet, still on its way.
Do you have use a special type of oil?

Regards,
M
Old 05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
koakiss

scorpion has this bearing oil they sale, and yes i used the usb interface to get the setting done. good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.