Notices
Electric Pylon Racing Discuss all things related to electric pylon racing here!

ParkZone Warbird Racing

Old 06-09-2015, 11:54 PM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ParkZone Warbird Racing

Unfortunately Horizon has discontinued a lot of the ParkZone planes. The T-28 is still available and I still want to set up a formal place for rules for ParkZone Racing even if they allow the other foamie companies to play.

If you would like to contribute and be on the RCPRO ParkZone Racing Committee, please let me know at [email protected].

I know retracts and hand launching are part of the deal, but I don't know enough to set up a good set of rules for this category.

I plan to run this class at least on my field and I think the pylon community would benefit from it.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Carlos G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Don,

As of today the parkzone P-51 and P47 are still available but, only as airframe kits. I didn't see any other airframe kits in that size as I did a quick scan of what horizon had to offer.. It is not the best situation however, it could provide a entry level class racing if everyone can agree on the accessories to make the class viable.

The Mustang is an easy hand launcher and with the right set up could be made to run between 85-100 mph without stressing the plane or a person's wallet. That should be fast enough to get even some of the jaded pilots interested.

Good luck with the class and I wished I was a bit closer to come over and race!

Carlos G
Walla Walla, WA.
Old 07-24-2015, 10:29 AM
DonStegall

Carlos, I'm proceeding with the Mini Warbird Racing class and hopefully I can have some races in my area this year.

In terms of the foamies, I'm working on a spec to replace the ParkZone class because of Horizon discontinuing the ParkZone Warbirds. I'm also working on a class for the HobbyKing.com FunFighter planes
Old 02-26-2016, 11:04 AM
cowboy69

Some of us boys here in southern Utah were trying to get races going on a 400' course with the Parkzone T-28's as well. Unfortunately, didn't really catch on (small population base, etc.). This year we are going to give the RocHobby series of planes a whirl. We are opening the field up to the following RocHobby planes: Voodoo, Strega, P-39, Critical Mass, & Super Corsair. NO MODS ALLOWED except utilization of an APC 12 x 12 E-prop modified however the flyer wants. The battery MUST be the Admiral 4S x 3000mAh available through MotionRC. A couple of us also race the RCPRO Warbird circuit and this is just some more fun.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:06 AM
ronin4740

Don,

I sent you a PM with some information you may, or may not, find useful. I tend to agree with Cowboy - the MotionRC Warbirds are more fun to race. For beginners I'd use the PZ T-34's. The PZ Warbirds just aren't that much of a step up from the T-34's.

Chris