RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Pylon Racing (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pylon-racing-501/)
-   -   nitroplanes mrs dara (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-pylon-racing-501/11338377-nitroplanes-mrs-dara.html)

stevebla 12-20-2012 09:35 AM

nitroplanes mrs dara

just recieved my mrs dara from nitroplanes , quality is good as expected , started assembly and was ready to mount wing and attach tail feathers then discovered there was no pushrods or wing tube in kit! been working with nitroplanes but no spare parts or extra kits yet , just made wing tube out of 7/16 dowell rod , looked on line for carbon fiber or aluminum but actual size is around 11.3 mm ,dont think 12 mm will work and dont want to drop cash uselessly , If you buy one check this in parts before assembly , might be returning it , this is probably an isolated occurance, Anyone else have this problem or know of source for another tube?

Jim Wolfe 12-30-2012 08:54 AM

RE: nitroplanes mrs dara

Your not the only one Steve! :) I've been waiting on my wing tube and push rods also since I got my kit around the beginning of the month. I re did the push rod tubes to my own liking with stuff I had on hand and have a K&S brass tube temporarily in place as a wing tube so I can assemble it. I found overall, this to be the best, so far, of the ARF's I've built. That includes a Pogo and Shoe, still haven't gotten to the Proud Bird, finishing up the Dara "kit", the last one Dan had, that I bought at Toledo this spring. I sorta gave Nitro the buisness, after I found a "Live Chat" link on a promo email they sent to me. I let them know that letting me stew for 3+ week without any communication as to where/when I would see my missing parts was NOT acceptable! Chris, assured me that the parts take between two and a half, and 3 weeks to come in from ??China??, and that they should be coming out to me shortly. We'll see?
The only problem I've seen so far, the top deck isn't tight to the fuselage in the middle of its leanth. There is about a 3/16 gap that spoils the look, not to mention will probably make for a lot of turbulent air there. I could tape it, but who wants to tape, tear it off to change the battery, re tape, tear it off, ect ect all the time. Personally, I would have preferred that they put a light ply frame around the bottom perimeter of the top deck to help hold its shape and then a hole/slot system instead of the rear pin setup to lock it down.
Anybody else find anthing worth mentioning on the new NP Dara??

A little fun stuff, I accidentally ran it up on my 500 heli 2650maH SIX cell pack! :O I wondered why it sounded like one of my old nitro Form 1 planes ! Didn't realize it till I went to recharge the battery with the charger set to 4S and it said "Voltage too high" that I realized what had occured. Says a lot for the Turnigy "Superbrain 60A ESC and the E-flite motor :D Both are still fine, didn't even get hot! Due most likely to the pack being in "storage charge" state!

Jim W

stevebla 12-30-2012 05:50 PM

almost glad to hear Im not the only one , also been using live chat , no results yet but now have 7/16 dowell in place, have flown once, read it took 11.5 mm tube but tried drill bit that size and no way would work but 11 mm bit was perfect , have found 11 mm tube at hk for 5 busks , waiting to see if longshoreman go on strike before ordering , probably get a couple of batteries to sinse ill be back trying ef1 when next season starts again , will post if i get either tube ,maybe they will ship out soon , if no cigar might ship kit back for credit and try proudbird:D

countilaw 12-31-2012 04:55 PM

I've heard a lot of bad stories about  NitroPlanes.      This is just two more.   Why would they put a plane on the market when they don't have the kit completed.     Fast  sales??      

Frank<br type="_moz"/>

AirTech 04-12-2013 01:55 PM

It's a pity the Miss Dara is being kitted by Nitroplanes. Their customer support is none to terrible to say the list.

Besides that the plane should be a great one. I saw the prototype in Toledo at the NMPRA booth and it looked great. Should be an excellent recer, too bad is built by such a terrible company.

stevebla 04-12-2013 07:31 PM

just when i gave up on nitroplanes and ordered section of tube from hobbyking(cost 5 bucks but 25 to ship ) the tube and pushrod set showed up from both suppliers on the same day!
I can get two tubes from the hobbyking tube and it fits perfect, if anybody needs one will sell to try to recoup some cash. The plane flys fine , havent really flown that much but still seems like the wings bow in hard turns , might me my imagination, otherwise seems to be a good model , wing tube was probably isolated problem with first kits out.

kane 04-18-2013 07:19 AM

As more of the DARA's start to be flown, some have had issues with the supplied wing tube. It is recommended that you insert a wooden dowel or another carbon tube into the center of the original tube to strengthen the main tube and prevent wing failure.

Jerry Small and I designed the Miss DARA for Nitroplanes, and I wish they had used what we had designed for the main spar. They did not and now there is some issues. Please use caution and care with the original spar tube.

Dan Kane

stevebla 04-18-2013 07:41 AM

hell, I made a wooden dowell to use till i got the right one , guess i"ll have to use it now , two steps forward , three steps back!

edalves68 04-30-2013 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Dan,

You could say there is some issues. Earl Seaholm was ringing mine out on a maiden flight this weekend, he just got done saying how nice it was flying. Not sure he had to touch a trim tab. Off went the right wing. It resulted in a beatuiful lipo fire destroying motor, speed control and Thunder Power battery. I have contacted Nitroplanes and received a response. Lets just say stay posted for an update. Not feeling so warm and fuzzy at this time. I'm always the last guy to know when there is something up. Posted are the results!

Ed
NMPRA 23G
Billings, MT

stevebla 05-12-2013 07:16 PM

well miss dara is toast , took off on second flight today , first was squirlley at best , toned down controls , took off , went in to wild aeliron rolls , hard to explain but easy to say its the end of the miss dara , not sure what happened , never did this before , only had five or six flights on it anyway , wont make this mistake again , seems ef1 aint for me or at least miss dara

edalves68 05-18-2013 07:51 PM

Caution, do not expect any acceptable amount of customer service from Nitroplanes. After having a wing tube failure, referring to my prior post. I contacted Nitroplanes customer service thru their online portal, filed a claim. This the only way to start process or to contact Nitroplanes. Received a response within a couple of days which in my opinion is acceptable. I went thru the first CSR, then on to customer service manager. Bottom line is they are unwilling to do anything to make right on the ARF despite the faulty wing tube which resulted in the wing failure. Their excuse, the plane was out of a 30 day warranty, that warranty was in addition voided by the fact that the plane was crashed. Pretty poor warranty, and a real nice way for them to not make right of the situation. They did say that I could contact their design department but that there was nothing they could do and they were not going to replace the ARF. At that point I asked what was the point of contacting them if they were unwilling to make it right and they offered no resolution nor any further contact information. I warned them I would be making this post (also RC Group) and others. They did not seem to care nor do I plan to waste any more of my time or resources with them. I'm moving on, however, they will never get any of my business ever again. I will not hesitate to share this info with my fellow racers (NMPRA Forum), in addition the crash was witnessed by about 20 guys out at the club.[:'(]

edalves68 05-18-2013 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Steve,

Hang in there, don't give up on EF1. The planes are cool, fast and if they are set up right, stable flyers. 2 years or so ago I had a Pogo, it had some CG issues, was not set up properly and it was a bear to fly. I crashed it, I was disappointed. It was me, not the plane. Wish I had it back! I don't know if you are an experienced pylon guy or not. If your not, get a racer to help you set up the plane for dual rates. For a full power take off, full right rudder (low rate), a little up elevator so it takes off straight. Make sure that it is slightly nose heavy for the first couple of flights. That will increase your landing speed but it will make it solid in flight. Use your high rates for landing, especially with any appreciable cross wind. They are all clean, have a moderately high landing speed but if you have the CG right they don't seem to have any poor tendencies. Right now I'm flying a Shoestring and a kit built Fandango out of Canada, Doug at Lazerworks. The Fandango is a wonderful flying airplane, so is the Shoestring. I saw a Proudbird fly today, it was described as an awesome flying plane as well!!!;)

TommyWatson 12-18-2013 05:52 PM

I tried to buy a Miss Dara from Nitroplanes. They wont post it to me in Australia because they say the box is too big. Does anyone know who actually makes this kit and can it be got straight from the manufacturer.
Any other ideas how I can get one

Regards

stevebla 12-18-2013 07:31 PM

They probably wont send one , shipping to high, I tried to get a legands models wu yuan from a shop in austrailia and it was 250 american dollars to ship , i've had one of those and they arent that good a model , try to find someone who imports world models products , they have two new kits out , one is the outrage and i'm not sure of the other but I bet they're a better model any way, world models also makes the sky raider and la racer , great kits for our club 40 event , good luck