Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

EXI 250 Trim Help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

EXI 250 Trim Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 AM
mrenz66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EXI 250 Trim Help

Hello All,

After learning to hover my exi 500 I purchased a exi 250 for indoor. The problem is when the heli gets light it wants to skid left very quickly and when in the air about 1 foot it tilts serious right. The swash is level, servo arms 90 to links, 0 pitch at mid stick, 0 sub trim, heli is balanced. I took the head apart to check it and all seems ok except for very LITTLE play and I mean very very little in the seesaw. Align uses bearings, EXI uses bushings.
I tried trimming, sub trim, same consistent problem. I had a more experince pilot fly it and he got it to hover a few seconds, but really had to but alot of input on the cyclic to hold it.
My thoughts may be that the stock plastic blades are to flexible? When i pick up the heli by the tips of the blades they practilly bend to a U, my carbon blades on my 500 they barely bend.

Thanks for input
Mike
Old 01-03-2012, 08:02 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: EXI 250 Trim Help

why wouldnt you put carbons on your 250 ? they are cheap enough ! what servos what tx/ rx
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
mrenz66

Default RE: EXI 250 Trim Help

E flite heli servos 7.5grams
Dx 7 tx
Spectrum 6ch rx