Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

WFLY New 500 Size Electric Helicopter

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

WFLY New 500 Size Electric Helicopter

Old 05-16-2012, 03:12 PM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WFLY New 500 Size Electric Helicopter

Hello,everyone, Here is our latest new product from WFLYVortex 5 Large electric helicopter for most pilots who expected for a long time.

Here I want to share some of pictures and flying video for this helicopter which is quite different from other brand helicopters.

Let's look at the specification of Vortex 5
Length:810mm
Height:300mm
Main Rotor Length:425mm/430mm
Main Rotor Diameter:920mm
Tail Rotor Diameter:198mm
Motor Pinion Gear:16T/18T
Main Drive Gear:120T
Autorotation Tail Drive:80T
Tail Drive Gear:12T
Drive Gear Ratio:7.5:1:4.67/6.67:1:4.67
Max Rotor Head RPM: 2850
Weight:830G
Whole Weight:1750G

Recommend Electric Equipment
Gyro: high performance AVCS gyro.
ESC: 80A
Servo: 45-65G digital servo. the size (41.5mm*21mm*38mm)
Motor:3720size. 1100KV Note: 900KV-1300KV. Don't surpass 1300KV
Battery: 6 cells 22.2V 2800mAh 30C
Radio control system: WFT09SII/WFT09II /WFT07/WFT06II/WFT06X-A

Vortex 5 is available for electric system.
Simple and light weight design provides awesome flight performance and extreme 3D capability.

Vortex 5 adopted tail rotor belt drive system which make the helicopter more cheaper than shaft drive system and more easy for reparing.

Main Rotor head With thrust bearing on main rotor head Typical CCPM swashplate system
which easy for pilot to control the helicopter on flying when you are operating 3D flying with fast speed.

Frame Part:
Rigid carbon fiber frame design
Very easy for repairing when got unexpected crash!

Looking at the frame carefully. the size of servo mount tell you that standard servo are needed to drive directly.

Battery tray designed close to the rotor head makes it more easy to control gravity center of the helicopter.

Tail Rotor Head
Tail rotor head run with thrust bearing.
Rear tail servo mount been set on tail boom which makes it more convenient to adjust the linkage of tail servo, making tail drive rapidly

Here is the video for this helicopter

Thanks for watching

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkk5fvXQ0kM[/youtube]
Old 06-25-2012, 05:31 AM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: WFLY New 500 Size Electric Helicopter

Nobody is interested in this very beautiful aircraft?
Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 AM
ATVAlliance

Whats the price and replacement parts availability?
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Goggles
My Feedback: (4)

Nobody is interested in this very beautiful aircraft?
I'm sorry, I thought you were just showing us the heli. I didn't realize feedback was expected.

It looks like a nice heli, nimble and quick. But I also have a couple of questions:
- you're advertising and promoting the heli but don't mention a web site where you can read more about it or purchase....where can it be bought?
- As ATV stated, when advertising and promoting, a price is useful information. How much is it?
- Can I go to GrandRC, Helipros, AMain Hobbies or any other respectable online dealer to get a new main shaft, or tail boom, or any other part?
- Is this available in FBL as well?

Looks like a nice heli though.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
ATVAlliance

Yeah...I wanted to know price and parts availability because this definitely isnt a Trex clone.  It looks like the tail drive assembly resembles more of what my Raptor has...drive from main rotor shaft with 2 pinch/tension rollers to narrow the belt through the boom.

Dont get me wrong...it looks like a nice heli.  But how nice it is depends on the initial price, and parts availability.

At least if you buy an Align clone...you can get Align parts almost anywhere.  So rather than buying something that looks this nice...wont matter once the first crash happnes.  And we all know that fly helis...crashing is inevitable!  lol
Old 06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
rotordoc1

The proper and ethical way to advertize is to pay the owners of this site and place adds on it.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:14 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

looks like another trex clone imho
Old 06-28-2012, 06:18 AM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: madmorgan

looks like another trex clone imho
I dont think so personally. At least its not like my 500 which is a trex clone.

The head is CCPM but doesnt look like an Align head. And the biggest difference is in the tail belt drive. The 500 I have has a 2nd bearing block with belt drive assy that is driven off a 2nd gear under the main drive gear. I think its called "auto rotation gear". This heli drives from the main shaft.

The tail assembly does look quite similar though.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

i just dont see a big deal with this. unless 90 % of the parts are trex compatible ! all the did was re invent the wheel, but the wheel isnt even pretty. the canopy by looking  on the inside will break just from taking it off and putting it on (cheap china fiberglass). the  casted aluminum looks like junk the anodizing looks rough and crappy. unless they beat out hk on their prices i dont see why anyone would buy it. just because the dropped the motor by what 1/2 inch and put the belt gear above it the truth be told in a bad enough accident your probably gonna taco the main above and below the top bearing. atleast they could have done was make it leading edge control ! no biggy  i wont be buying one any time soon unless they are only 50 bucks then i will fit align parts on it and still give them the money.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Atomic Skull

They put out the effort of designing an original helicopter and people complain that it's not a clone, wow.

They should get props for doing an original design, not told that they should have just cloned a trex.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:12 AM
ATVAlliance

ORIGINAL: Atomic Skull

They put out the effort of designing an original helicopter and people complain that it's not a clone, wow.

They should get props for doing an original design, not told that they should have just cloned a trex.

Its not really an original design. I mean it pretty much has a TREX flybar head and tail and a Thunder Tiger tail belt drive. So basically its a 500 size raptor-rex. lol

I think the only person that gave any real negative points to it was morgan...and he's entitled to his opinion of course.

My biggest concern was/is parts availability. Notice that nothing has been said here, nor anywhere else you search on the net about this "new heli". So...once you break it...you could admire the "new design" sitting all bashed up on your shelf waiting for parts...for however long it takes.

No thanks. I'll fly my Align and Clones. While they may not be cutting technology...they were at one point an original design that has tons of support and parts available all over.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:14 PM
newrider

Wow I met this guy at the club and I peek (my fault) into his car to see what he has. Wow I saw the Vortex and I ask the gentle men if he can take it out because I loved how it looks. He took it out and
it is awesome looking and parts look very nice. Then I google it and this is the same guy. He is a very nice guy to show me product of WFLY. Very nice helicopter and I played with his 9ch transmiter.
His radio has feature like JR feature and Futaba all in one.