Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

NAZA-H setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:28 PM
jeeper80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAZA-H setup

I've been helping a friend setup a Trex 550 with a NAZA-H FBL system which includes the GPS option. I've setup as per the setup wizard and while the helicopter is still hooked up to the wzard, everything looks perfect. When we exit the program and take it out for a test flight, the swash plate wants to lean forward and left. Trying to take off (in the manual mode), the helicopter does just that, it wants to go forward and left. Took the chopper back to the work bench and hooked up the computer again and the swash goes level and everything looks great, . Take it out for a test flight again and same result as previous.. The swash deflection is quite significant and would require a large amount of trim/subtrim to correct. DJI/NAZA discourages the use of trim and subtrim. We did a compass calibration and it went very well but it does not seem to make a difference with the swash problem and realistically, it shouldn't while in the manual mode. Is there any one out there who has experience with the NAZA-H system that could offer a solution?
Old 02-24-2015, 05:50 AM
laddan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope this isn't too late for me to reply on this, but I have had good luck with mine on a 800 pro and from what it sounds like to me with your situation is that you may want to double check your swash feedback in the software. I would also check it with the heli powered on the bench (no software) the swash should counteract each direction you move your heli. I believe it is okay to use sub-trim in the software as I have and am perfectly level. Calibrate your sticks!, especially if you've changed any pitch settings, software or tx. Calibrate the controller also, doesn't hurt to do this even if it says you don't need to, but after everything else is done. If still having issues, I would put your tx back to new model, reset your Naza , and do a fresh set-up. You'll love it once you get set-up. Attention to detail tho, and mechanical must be very accurate or extremely close.