Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Aero Hawk and cutting blades?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Aero Hawk and cutting blades?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 06:48 PM
khmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Hawk and cutting blades?

I have an Aero Hawk, that i have had alot of trubble with. so now/tomorow i have an aero hawk with.

Upgrades:
310 tunning motor
tunning tail motor
pro paddels
shaft collar
aluminium swash plate with ball.
Direct driven tail blade, that i don't know how to fit.
Upgraded chip on piccoboard from 8A til 16A draw current(so i could use a 11,2V Li-ion pack)
100T main shaft gear.
9, 11, 12 and 13T motor gear
Stiffen the head with carbonfiber sticks at each side.
wraped the antenna around a straw to make a "super antenna"

I also order a 3pack 11,2V 1500mAh litium pack, and a Great Plain trinitron charger.
I have a self made made 7,2V 1000mAh litium pack from nokia batteries(cell phone)
2 packs of 8,4V 700/750mAh NIMH packs.

So you can see that i have used alot of money on this heli, but i have not bought new blades, but i have 2 set's, so i was woundering how to cut one set?
Is there any hope in getting good results in cutting blades?
Do i have the right gearing?

Thanks for any replay.

If this **** is not flyable i'm going to sell this crap, but i got hooked when i had a 20sec stable hover

BTW: How do i get the gear of the tail motor, so i can connect the direct driven propeller? And the shaft on the motor seams a little short, is it?
Old 12-08-2003, 01:09 PM
rødebaldakin

Default RE: Aero Hawk and cutting blades?

You did the classic **** up my friend, hehe did it myself.

None of these mods will magicly make yor aerohawk fly, flying micros is hard and setting it up correct is harder. Doing all these mods without ever having flown it does not likely head for a happy ending. The aerohawk will fly out of the box as is, some of these mods can make it more manageble if you installed and set them up right but I´l bet you didnt and your heli is propably not capable of flight now. Did the same thing myself, bought all the bells and wistles and it just got worze and worze tried it all, then went back to scratch,, and there she flew, couldnt belive my eyes, i then did the mods one by one with testflights all the way and I ended up with lots of crappy configurations. Margins are tight on this designs so there is alot of mods that require upgrading lots of other parts in correct order to make it flyable,, most likely you will get lost on the way.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:34 PM
glennT

Aerohawk is cheap to get these days, it is much cheaper to buy a new one and use the damaged for spare parts.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:11 PM
khmoe

I got the parts, the swashplate did the works
And the power og the 3cell lipo is fantastic.

The Trinton charger i can recomend. the orginal batterie packs charges in 25-30min, so flying is more fun.

The only bad thing with the lithium batt is that i got so mutch power that i got the heli to rocket up into the air, and I as an newbe lost total controll and it crash landed, but broke only the main blades . think i had it 10meters up, not doing that again.
Waiting for more blades, but i had spears.

Now i like the heli.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:36 PM
gordongoly

Default RE: <span class=

hey khmoe I am a newbe 2 and I want to order that lithium batt 2 but can you handle it? you can you fly a bit slower so you can fly it and is it esyer to fly it now? with this stock aero hawk I even can not lift after a few minutes!
thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 03:09 PM
khmoe

Idid not no how to fly, but with the 1,5 hour charge i get 45min of flying. i Landing a lot, so 45min is not actual flying time.

But the trinitron and 3cell lithium from e-tech i can recomend.

I only need 1 pack because the motor has to cool down and i have relax.

I lent a areofly profesional flight sim that i learned to fly with lots of help on how to get the heli in if you loos control or the wind takes control over it.

I'm going out to fly some more now. cya
Old 02-21-2004, 09:50 AM
bdesh123

how much US dollar did you pay for the 3 pack battary
sami