Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

What is going on over at helihobby.com?

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

What is going on over at helihobby.com?

Old 01-08-2004, 06:51 PM
drevil
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What is going on over at helihobby.com?

Well i DID finally get the parts that were missing from my first order so they have sent me all of the parts owed to me.
Mike
Old 01-09-2004, 02:13 AM
Powmaster
My Feedback: (1)

Well, I attending the AMA Conference here in Ontario Saturday and if Heli-hobby is there, I plan on telling them about these stories listed here just to see what kind of response they give. If they are selling anything, I plan on becoming really interested in a product and spend a lot of time with them, asking questions, showing interest, etc. Then, I'll walk away telling them I've read too much bad feedback about their place. Don't know what good that will do, but maybe they'll get the idea they may go out of business if the word spreads to everyone they are not customer friendly. [>:]
Old 01-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Double-OZERO

Well good luck on that..... I've already sent them a ton of emails with this link telling them to look at what people have to say about their Customer Service or for that matter 'Service' at all. They really don't seem to care. I've read many things about the 'MAN'. The 'MAN' or System for lack of a better term..... always kicking the little guy when he's down. Now granted they must be making some rediculous amount of revenue from else where. I still have yet to receive all of my parts from my order a month and a half ago. Quite frankly I don't think you can fight this one. Sure you can boycott all you want but in the long run i don't see it happening.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:33 PM
tonytheshovel
My Feedback: (1)

plain and simple, DON'T ORDER FROM THESE GUYS! BE CAREFUL! This place is obviously run by somebody that doesn't know how to run a business and is trying to make money by cutting corners and being unfair and unreasonable with customers.

I wish I had read all these posts before I decided to order from these guys!

There are plenty of good companys out there selling the same products helihobby is selling. For there to be this many complaints about a company they must have problems. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND ORDER SOMEWERE ELSE!

The truth is I'm currently in a dispute with helihobby. I would like to say I don't mind communicating by email, and of course there is a possiblity of making spelling errors, BUT this guys english and spelling was so bad in the emails it was difficult to make out what he was saying sometimes. With that said there should some way of getting in contact with these guys when email fails, LIKE A PHONE NUMBER!

When I was finally passed on to somebody else to talk to by email (Sean), I thought my problems would be solved but it just got worse. The problem was, I ordered a Piccolo FP along with some eco-8 parts, and after reading some reviews I decided it might not be what I want. So after communicating with helihobby that I wanted to cancel part of my order, they informed me that it had allready been shipped out long ago, but after receiving the package I noticed on the shipping receipt that it was actually shipped out 2 days after they told me it had been shipping out?!?! That was the first problem.

After many emails back and forth we had VERY CLEARLY AGREED that if I sent the unwanted part of the package back I would be refunded one of the shipping fees and the ITEMS I SENT BACK. I finally got a refund after 3 weeks, but to my surprise I had not been refunded any of the shipping (THAT WE HAD CLEARLY AGREED ON) and they decided to take a 15% "processing fee" even though I hadn't even layed hands on the stuff I sent back. So now they have basically stolen $36.75 and kept the money for one of the shipping charges ($32.00), so I am out $68.75 all together.

You can see by the emails what was agreed on (read from the bottom up) (and they are not responding to anymore of my emails):

************************************************** ******************************

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:50:03 -0800
To: Dino
Subject: Re: HeliHobby.com ORDER_STATUS

Hello,
That would be less the shipping and less the processing free ...
Happy New Year 2004
Sean - HeliHobby.com

************************************************** ******************************

----- Original Message -----
To: "Sean"
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2004 12:36 PM

What is going on here? Why is such a simple thing taking some long?! Why did I get a refund of $209 USD when I should have got $277. We already talked about this is previous emails, what is going on? I did just as you asked, I circled the items I kept on the invoice and included it in the package I sent back.

This is what I should have received as a refund,

piccolo FP with mods - $245 USD
first shipping fee - $32.00 USD

Dino

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, sean wrote:

Done ...
You should see the funds in 2-3 days ...
Thank you for your interest in HeliHobby,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

To: "Sean"
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 6:04 PM

YES, I included the invoice in the BOX were I marked the items which I am keeping, just as you told me to do. Yes, I kept the eco-8 parts.
Dino.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, sean wrote:

Hello,
We did get the Fun Piccolo and the Accessory sets ...
Are you keeping the ECO-8 stuff ...
Let me know so I can take care of you ...
Sean - HeliHobby.com

To: "sean"
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 8:10 PM

just wondering when I was going to get my refund, just making sure you received the package and you have all the required information with it.

Dino.

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, sean wrote:

We are all trying to help out ... We just get LOTS of e-mails

Thank you for your business,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

Sent: Friday, November 28, 2003 3:58 PM

ok, thank you, you've been a lot more helpful then the first guy I was talking to, basically why this whole problem started in the firstplace.

Dino.

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, sean wrote:

Please e-mail me the next order to [email protected] so we can take care of the FREE shipping ...

Always glad to help,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2003 3:58 PM

ok, package is in the mail it should be there in a few weeks. You also offered me free shipping on my next order, how do I claim that? What if my next order isn't for a few months?

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, sean wrote:

Thank you for all the help,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 2:47 PM

Allright, I've circle the items I am going to keep on the invoice and I will include it with the returned items. I will be waiting for the refund to appear as a credit on my visa for the items I send back as well as the first shipping charge.

thank you,

Dino.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, sean wrote:

Yes, please include a copy of the invoice and mark the items which you are keeping ...

We will credit the other items back to you ...

Regards,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 3:06 PM

yes that's fine I'll use slow insured shipping, but is what I said below correct?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, sean wrote:

Hello, Please DO NOT ship it using Express as we will not pay for Express shipping..

Please ship it using slow insured mail ...
Thank you for your interest in HeliHobby,
Sean - HeliHobby.com

Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 12:35 PM

ok just to make sure this is clear, if I open the box take the parts I still want this is what I will be paying:

1) cost of the parts I keep:
67705 auto-rotation bearing - $39.99 USD
67523 nylon clevis - $2.00 USD
67539 ECO-8 tail boom - $7.99 USD

2) shipping cost to send the package back to you (approx. $32.00 USD)

and this is what I will be refunded:

1) the full cost of stuff I send back,
HH518 Piccolo FP with #1 Mods kit - no TX - $245.00 USD

2) the initial shipping charge of $32.00 USD

total refund = $277.00 USD

and if I simply refuse the the entire package I only have to pay the $32.00 USD initial shipping charge, is all this correct? If this is correct I will keep the parts I still what, not to mention be a happy customer.

thanks,

Dino.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, sean wrote:

Yes, you may RMA only the items you wish and I can offer you FREE shipping on your next order as we do

Thank you for your business,

Sean - HeliHobby.com

To: "HeliHobby.com" <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 2:47 AM

What if, instead of refusing the package I decide to just keep a few of the eco-8 parts, and send back the rest of the stuff. Since I'm going to be paying the 1st shipping charge now anyway, I want to try cutting my losses. If I do this will I only have to pay for the shipping to send it back? and get the rest of my money back including the first shipping charge?

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, HeliHobby.com wrote:

Yes, All your money will be refunded except for the 1st shipping charge.

Always glad to help,
Jerald - HeliHobby.com

To: "HeliHobby.com" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2003 3:24 PM

One other thing, when I refuse the order, all my money will be refunded when the package gets back to you right?

Dino.

Old 01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Double-OZERO

Man sorry for your loss that's almost 70 dollars not to mention you should have just canceled the whole order. Disputed it with your credit card company and they would have gotten all of your money back for you since you did tell them not to ship it and they lied to you. I'm only out a shaft collar now which in my eyes has got to be the simplest thing they could possibly get from back order. I think RCU should open a forum specific to HeliHobby. Kind of like a support group for all of us that have been cheated and lied to or jerked around in general. It should be a real big hit.

'Hi I'm Rocky, I tried helihobby and got jerked around'

the forums response should read in unison 'HI ROBERT'
Old 01-11-2004, 02:27 PM
yplas

I ve just bought some parts for my piccolo fp, as usd is so low, And i ve nothing to complain about!
I m french and i live in south of France, they shipped to me in 9 days instead of 15 days( 9.5$ with global priority ).
I ordered between christmas and new year day!
Maybe i was lucky, but why not say it when its GOOD!
Old 01-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Hauptagon

yplas, I assume you paraglide from your thumbnail picture -- what kind do you have?
Old 01-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Banished Outside

Hi Guys,

Another satisfied customer.......
HB Air Wolf Base kit, 2 x 1200 Lipos, 2 x servos and a alu head stiffener.
Ordered 30/12/03 arrived today 12/01/04 in the UK!

No problems with the order

Got stung by customs though[:@]

Steve
Old 01-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Flying Weasle

Ok, i have had nothing negative to say about the entity Helihobby.com, until now! I placed an order on the 13th of this month for :
2 CF tail booms # 67381
1 10t HA tail motor pinion # HH367
2 rotor heads #67370
And what do i get?
The order does not process and ship for 3 days! Ships out on the 16th.
I receive:
1 rotor head, 1 is on backorder
1 tail pinion 10t
and 2 packs of Freakin rubber grommets! # 67385. RUBBER GROMMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can someone look at an order for a CF tail boom and say" uh, ok, me thinks these little rubber things look like booms, me put them in, Heh, tree pretty, fire bad! OOOHHH tin foil shiny"
I will no longer place an order with or fund helihobby with my money.Oh yea, i had an item on backorder and changed it to a tail motor bracket. I was told ok, it will go out now. Know what i got? A tail rotor!
Old 01-31-2004, 04:27 PM
rotorhead2

I use Helihobby alot. Started ordering from them in 2003. always had good service and shipping has been very good. I mostly have been ordering parts for Hornet and Hummingbird. I have not ordered a kit from them but am thinking of getting one. This forum has
given me some new insight. I just placed an order for some XRB parts on 1/29/04 they have been shipped so I will se if anything has
changed since the last time I used them. At this point I have no problem reccomending them to anybody. I hope they give me no
reason to change my view.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Schafe

So, does anyone have anything good to say about them now or are they still in limbo after their move?
Old 02-16-2004, 11:36 AM
eMeNeX

I don't know.... I've made over 20 purchases from helihobby as I started learning how to fly a heli and broke every rotor blade dude to the fact that they are weak blades. Well that and it tapping into anything. =) Anyway... I always get priority shipping on my orders and I've never waited more than 3-4 days to receive parts. I've ordered a hornet CP kit from them and had it 3 days after I ordered it. Spent over $1200 at helihobby.com and I have not one complaint, well except they forgot to ship me a hummingbird screw kit. I sent them an email and they got back to me in the email and sent the screws out. Got em a few days later. I've got nothing but praise for them. I had some trouble setting up my hornet and they were more than willing to give me assistance if I lived in the area they offered to set it up for me. I'm very surprised to see this many people with problems. Are any of you out of USA? I'm at the complete opposite side of the country and still get my parts quick.

Tom
Old 02-19-2004, 06:19 PM
jtleff

Hey found hellHoleHobbi phone numbers. Store is (818) 988-4354 and Web phone is 818-348-HELI. Also they have an unsatisfactory rating at the Better Business Bureau. To search or post bad rating at BBB use "Name" HeliHobby, for some reason they don't show up with www.HeliHobby.com
Old 02-19-2004, 06:31 PM
jtleff

Default RE: RE: What is going on over at helihobby.com?

I have been emailing them for 2 months trying to get parts like charger for TX. First they sent me no charger, then the wrong one, and finally the right one. They were nice and sent me a new tail motor for returning the wrong charger they sent. Then, the gear on tail motor fell off. So I figured I could use the they sent. But of course the motor the sent has the wrong gear so it's worthless to me. Now, I find the Gyro is bad and its been 2.5 weeks and still nothing. They're loaded at the Better Business Bureau with bad complaints. Do not recommend. Will see about legal action and let you know. Or see if Visa will cancel order for me. Try NorthWest Hobbies, I have had very good luck with them.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:28 AM
Moe3754
Banned
My Feedback: (14)

I ordered a RTF Piccolo Heli and a few other things from them on the 19th and received confirmation of order on the 19th and the same day received the invoice that said it was shipped on the 19th also there is a phone number to contact them so far everything is going well and no problems with them,you think these guys are bad I could tell you stories about a company on the net that is a real nightmare but I cannot because of help from RC universe to settle the problem I told them I would let it die,but maybe some will remember my thread on the beginner form here a few months back.All web companies have their down falls but you have to take your chances,the best I have found was Hobby Lobby.com they sell Piccolo but they do not sell a RTF kit like Helihobby and that is why I went with them on it.After my last ordeal I do not think any thing could be as bad but then again I may be wrong,will let you know but if every thing goes right I will have a great Heli at a sweet deal.
Old 03-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Imho

I read this thread AFTER I placed my first order with HeliHobby and, as you can imagine, I have had a feeling of dread ever since.

The good news is that I placed my order on Monday 1 March and the tracking details were available today (3 March). They even show up on the USPS tracking site. I placed another order the next day, so I hope everything works as well with the second one.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:42 PM
Imho

Just a follow-up on my previous post ... the order arrived here on the 9th, a seven day lead time for delivery to Australia - not too bad. The interesting thing is that the second order that I placed the day after the first still isn't appearing on their tracking page.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:26 PM
hadis

Default PRECISIOM MODEL PRODUCTS

Hi All,

I read some issues when shopping with US based online stores, esp if the buyer come from outside of the U.S. But my experiences (using my cc) with rc-dymond.com, chiefaircraft.com, and ebay.com encouraged me to try to order an heli from www.precisionmodelproducts.com.
I ordered an MS Hornet CP from the website on Dec 6th, 2003, but until now, March 9th,2004 ,the heli hasd never arrived to doorstep ( I live in outside the U.S). They did charged my credit card (on Dec 10th, 2003) for the heli . I emailed them many many times without getting a reply. I asked my friend in the US to call this store, and they told him that they did receive all my emails but just were not willing to respond, and wanted me to call them directly. They also told him that I should re-send my complete postal address, and they will ship the heli. I sent my complete mailing address 3 weeks ago, but again, neither they reply my email nor shipping the heli. I tried to call ( it was long distance calls!) the number several times but nobody picked up the phone.
Does anybody here know other informations of this store that I can contact to?
I got a feeling tha I''ll lose USD 190 for this heli.

Hadi
Old 03-09-2004, 09:00 PM
bluesilver30

Default RE: PRECISIOM MODEL PRODUCTS

i have never had a problem with helihobby.com.
Old 03-10-2004, 02:00 AM
Mossie

Well I am disapointed with these guys, big time. These jerks only sent half of the order I placed 3 weeks ago. After a weeks emailing I finally got the reply that "The other parts will be sent Monday". That was last Monday. They still have not been shipped.
Since this issue came up I can say that I been reading other forums and 95% of the posts express frustrations with delays or incorrect parts shipped.

Dont spend your money there, they will simply stuff your order up or not even ship it.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:53 AM
Imho

Well, to finish the tale, the second order arrived today (March 11) even though it still is not showing on the HeliHobby tracking page. I guess the good news is that both orders arrived in a reasonable time, intact and complete.

I would point out a couple of things to prospective HeliHobby customers:

It seems to me that HeliHobby have a great product range, good web site and the potential to be an excellent online source for Heli equipment but I can't believe that they don't instill confidence in their customers by updating their package tracking system regularly and replying to emails. In fact, had the tracking system been updated, they would not have received any emails from me and I would have been happy to give a more positive report.

Timeframes (for reference):

Order 1: Ordered March 1, packed and shipped March 3, tracking updated March 3, delivered March 9.
Order 2: Ordered March 2, packed and shipped March 5. tracking not updated (as of March 11), delivered March 11.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:26 AM
valk70
My Feedback: (2)

Hi,

I placed an order from them last Wednesday morning PST. I selected 2nd day shipping hoping to get the parts by the weekend. Parts arived on Monday instead. Can't really complain about much except that they didn't get my order out the day they got it. Other parts that I ordered from Raidentech and requested the same shipping arrived on Monday also. I'll order from them again if I need too.

Mike G
Old 03-11-2004, 02:55 PM
Mossie

Not surprisingly my parts still havent been shipped. Also no surprise is that no one at Helihobby returns my emails or answers the phone.
ORDER AT YOUR OWN RISK. I am now challenging the charge through my credit card company.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:09 PM
Tim Dalton

I hate to keep kicking this horse but I WAS planning of purchasing a helicopter kit from them w/ upgrades but after reading some forums about helihobby's customer no-service I changed my mind, Here is the E-mail that completely turned me off.

Yes the picoboard pro is installed in the combo.

Jerald - HeliHobby.com

To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 11:51 AM
Subject: Form: HeliHobby.com SALES

> e-mail: [email protected]
> Country: USA
> Subject: SALES
> Description: I am planning on ordering a RTF Piccolo fun kit from you
later this week but i have a few questions. Does the RTF kit that you sell
with #1 mods have the pro piccolo board installed, if not can I get that
board instead.
>
> I am very impressed with your site, prices, and mods but over the last few
months of research I have come across some older posts on some forums that
stated they had some real customer service issues with your company.
Allegations like shipping kits that are not complete or not including
battery chargers for tx and such. I stated above that these posts had a few
months age on them. I would like to know what you think about these
allegations in the posts, and if they are true and these things did happen
what have you done to correct these issues. What kind of confidence can you
assure me that this will not happen to my order that I want to purchase w
upgrades, and 2nd day air it via UPS. I really want to have a good
experience with this order. thanks
> First Name: Tim
> Last Name: Dalton
> Order:
>

What I was expecting as a reply was "No, these allegations are false." or "Yes, those issues did happen, we implemented the following systems to make sure that these problem do not happen again." Any type of reply that stated that they wanted me as a customer would have been satisfactory. But completely ignoring my questions ticked me off and I will spend my money elsewhere.

I do have a question for this forum? Since I refuse to give helihobby.com a penny of my money. Where do I find Aluminum upgrades for my Piccolo? Can some recommend a few places?

Thanks,

Tim Dalton
Old 03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
sjgusmc21

Well, I must have gotten very lucky as I ordered some parts from them on Monday and received them Thursday afternoon. There phone support is non-exsistant though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.