Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Another Newbie >

Another Newbie

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Another Newbie

Old 01-13-2004, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Newbie

Hello all,

I've just ordered a spy hawk off of e-bay, I know nothing about these but from what I've read on this forum they are quite hard to control!!

Does anyone have one of these as they all seem to be aerohawk, is there much difference?

Cheers,

Rob.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:22 PM

Default RE: Another Newbie

I assume you mean the one RVM shop sells. I have one, and I love it -- it's the same hellicopter as the Hummingbird and the Dragonfly (not sure about Aerohawk, though). Replacement parts from both work fine with it. I think it's pretty much equally difficult to fly all of them, so I wouldn't worry about that. The Spy Hawk actually comes with some things that are considered upgrade parts on the other heli's (it comes with the 380 motor and the heatsinks on both the main and tail rotors). Also, the charge time on the battery that comes with it is only 30 minutes. Just make sure you tighten the flybar with the supplied allen key before flying (the instructions don't mention that). The radio it comes with is set up as mode 1, so you might want to change that (I did).
Old 01-13-2004, 06:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read Radd's School of Rotary Flight It really does help you through the crashing stage with less pain.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:33 AM

Thanks for that, but what does radio mode 1 mean?
Old 01-14-2004, 06:13 AM

Hi

Well my Mini DragonFly Transmitter (GWS) is a Mode 1 also. Basically Mode 1 the throttle is on the right hand side. Mode 2, the throttle is on the left. I not sure whether the channel transmitted by them (that is Up-Down on right stick is Channel 1 for mode 1) is the same or not.

I think for Asia zone, it is mostly Mode 1 whereas U.S. is Mode 2. I too prefer Mode 2 because I'm a right handed and I feel that right hand controlling movement are much better then left. That is why I change my Mode to Mode 2.

Hornet
Old 01-14-2004, 12:16 PM

You have to switch ch3 Throttle & ch2 Pitch over in the TX.
Old 01-14-2004, 12:59 PM

Hi all

If your TX potential port wire is soldered and u don't want to do major changes to your TX, u can just switch channel connection between Ch3 and Ch2 together in your RX (Your Chopper Receiver). In this case, u don't have to desoldered or soldered your TX.

Hornet