Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

brushless on an aerohawk?

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

brushless on an aerohawk?

Old 02-03-2004, 09:19 AM
khmoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless on an aerohawk?

I have an aerohawk with a t310 tuning motor, now the motor only lasts for 5-10min befor i have no more lift.

I was woundering if i could buy a brushless motor and controller and just plugg it to the picoboard?

Will this work?
I have upgraded the chip so the picoboard can handel 16A!

Were to buy?
Do the brushless also get very hot? Can i fly 20min and changed batterie pack and fly 20min more?

Lots of Q.

Tanks for any replay.
Kristian Henriksen Moe
Norway.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:39 PM
rødebaldakin

Default RE: brushless on an aerohawk?

First off chuck away that 310 engine,, its a missfit for the aerohawk, either stuff in the original or get a coreless www.mikromotor.net sells this configuration with their PRO version, consumes about 30% less power and gives about 40% more spunk over the stock,, its pricy but still cheaper than any brushless option as that would require all new electronics but it will last 1000 of hours without burning out,, most other engines will be more of a stepp sideways than forward,, the stock enigne is pretty optimal as far as brushed engines goes without doing major upgrades to everything else.
Old 02-03-2004, 05:47 PM
tahustvedt

Default RE: brushless on an aerohawk?

What kind of motor is mikromotor using in their PRO aerohawk? What are the other changes to the model that makes is PRO?