Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

no one knows or no one cares?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

no one knows or no one cares?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 05:22 PM
magic man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no one knows or no one cares?

Im sure that there is an easy to upgrade mini ep heli....he he mini ep heli I wanna get a heli so bad but i don't want a 3 n 1 got about $300 to throw down on an ebay purchase. aerohawk clone, feda, jabo, clones I read specs on performance and included accesories. So what. I want to know more before I buy. This isn't a hobby that you can just throw money away at some nock off. Do these words sound familiar. They should be questions that any new-b would want answered.
Old 05-25-2004, 05:45 PM
flip3d

Default RE: no one knows or no one cares?

get a hummingbird.
they like 255 for everything
i love mine.
it flys great.

www.helihobby.com

flip
Old 05-25-2004, 06:07 PM
magic man

is the hummingbird a 3 n 1.

Thanks for reply
Old 05-25-2004, 06:36 PM
jbalat

Go zoom400. Costs a bit more to get all the gear but if you are into R/C you can use all this stuff in other models unlike the 3in1...
Old 05-25-2004, 09:01 PM
justin_92_92
My Feedback: (2)

I say you buy a naked bird.....a bird with no chips or anything like a dragonfly or humming bird...I have seen them for 59.00. www.allerc.com is out of stock now but they have them usually.

main esc- GWS ICS-100 =$24.00
tail esc- GWS ICS-50 = $18.50
4ch reciever- =$22.50
crystal =$8.90
Gyro =$47.00 unless you want heading hold gyro then about $89.00
battery depends on what you want.
transmitter =$25.00

that brings us to around $146 plus the $59 for the heli itself with motors... thats around $205.00 plus batteries
Cant go wrong there....... still got some money for upgrades like swashball mod and the shaft coller and a g-10 frame mabey or spend the rest on a lithium battery for longer flight time....or put that heading hold gyro on and make it easier to learn to hover.....

I really hope this helps becouse it took me a while to type it and I had to use a calculator.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:02 PM
justin_92_92

PS I CARE
Old 05-26-2004, 11:11 AM
magic man

Thanks jabo drugie[8D] I'm sorry that I was not specific enough to say I still want an rtf. Maybe the mini's are all 3 n 1 for the purpose of saving weight. But that isn't an issue cause ill be getting a li-po at time of purchase.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:34 AM
justin_92_92

You should have someone build you a heli copter.....You can have it done with what you want and it would be ready to fly.

If not then I would just get any helicopter as they are most the same if your talking fp mini....Then once your good at that then buy all seperates... What are you looking for in seperates anyways? Get an aerohawk...you can fiddle with the screws on that to make things in tune. Also you may be able to reuse to rx and I know you can reuse the tx. all you would have to upgrade later on if you wanted to is the esc's and the gyro. Not bad and it is simple to fix and relitively easy to use.

If you go lithium battieries I suggest the g-10 frame.....its alot easier to mount the batteries and its alot stronger....trust me ..you will break some struts without this.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:19 AM
justin_92_92

MAGIC MAN>>>>> I got the heli for you....It is a dragon fly...which is a hummingbird clone. This comes with everything needed to fly the gyro is seperate just like you want and the reciever is seperate. the chip is a 3 in 1 it says but it not a problem if you want to upgrade late like you said becouse it would only cost about 40 bucks....oh yeah and best of all it is factory pre-assembled....RTF and its only 249.99 at www.allerc.com go to electric heli...all the way down and there it is...take a look see if you like.