Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

!!!!!!!HELP Which heli to buy? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

!!!!!!!HELP Which heli to buy? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-18-2004, 04:28 PM
SexyPizzaMan
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!!HELP Which heli to buy? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok i bought a raptor 50 from someone, has tons on aluminum on it. I flew it my first day, no problem. I learned to hoover very well, i could do landings and even nosed in a little, i wasnt able to turn because i had very heacvy training gears on.
Second day the training gear, which i tought would save my ***** broke in the air inbalencing the heli. Im now stuck with a heli 1/4 the size i origionally had it. I have estimated 150 in damages. I saw mini electrics for that price, so i figure ill go there and learn n a electric.

I saw the Picclo pro, does anyone have any input on that, i planned on getting it with lipos and brushles motor with the 240 gyro. Cost 600 rtf minus tx. I have tx so i don care.

I also saw picclo fun. Thats heli looks nice and cheap, i need a stable heli, that can hoover in one spot and wont drift. I want to have fun not fight the heli.

I hear the dragonfly is a good micro.

Please if you have any of these helis tell me what you think of them, if you have any others that you would recomend. Please let me know. I plan on making a purches in a week or 2.

PLEASE HELP
Old 09-18-2004, 04:34 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Default RE: !!!!!!!HELP Which heli to buy? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also heard jablo 2 is very good. Please help. I wanna fly, i wanna learn 3d, i am looking at the jablo 2, picclo fun and pro right now. Please tell me what heli is best. I can hoover, i can fly airplanes and have used rap 50 for 1 hour. I can hoover and fly forward flight. What is best??
Old 09-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

You can't go wrong with Either a Piccolo Pro, a Hornet, or a Zoom/Shogun if you are looking to spend $600+. Have you looked at the Hummingbird? IMO it is better than a Jabo/Dragonfly(they are the same) which I started out with.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:12 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Ye si have i found a place where i can get hummingbird v3 rtf with all for 200 is it worth it??
Old 09-18-2004, 05:16 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Have you flown one personally, All i want is a heli i can crash and will fly again. I have done the lmh and dint like those, i have rap 50, 2 scared to fly now and i want a small electric which is stable enough outside which i can learn to fly on. I plan on buying picclo pro as my 3d heli once i learn to fly well. If it is a very durrable easy to fix heli then i will start with picclo pro, my guess is fp is easyer to repair, so ill crash that and get somthing cp later. What do you think, humming bird stable, or is jabo GWS dragonfly or any other better?
Old 09-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Acs_guitars

I have a Hummingbird Elite FP which is VERY durable. I started out with a Dragonfly/Jabo (Same design) and it was durable, but not as stable as my HB. You would want to start with the HB Elite FP, that way when you ready you can upgrade it with a CP or CCPM head to get into 3D flight. From What I have seen the Piccolo Pro and Hornet are great Helis, just a little more Pricey.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:27 PM
SexyPizzaMan

have you seen v3 in action?? Its much cheaper than elite http://www.centuryheli.com/products/...20v3/1020b.htm its V3.
Is elite more stable?? Or just upgradable to 3d?? How much would this upgrade cost?
Old 09-18-2004, 05:32 PM
SexyPizzaMan

I dont plan on upgrading the humming bird to cp. I just want a fp, is hummingbrid elite fp better than hummingbrid v3? It would cost me 100 dollars more for the elite, i have found a rtf package hummingbird v3 at a good price. What should i do?? Buy elite?? have you seen v3?
Old 09-18-2004, 05:35 PM
Acs_guitars

Yes the Elite is a little different in design and is better than the V3.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:38 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Is there any other cheap electric heli which can match the hummingbrid elite?? GWS dragonfly any good?? Have you and experiences with other electric helis, good or bad, just reaserching my optio, so far elite or v3 are what im looking at. I would like to hear good things about the v3 since its cheaper, i will do a little more reserch onit.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:44 PM
Acs_guitars

The Dragonfly, Jabo, AeroHawk, E-sky, and Piccolo Fun are about the same in flight characteristics as the V2 and V3 Hummingbirds. I owned a Dragonfly before my Hummingbird, and I must say It would have been easier to learn initially with the HB because it is alot more stable. If you already have the RX/TX why get RTF... Just get some micro servos and a kit-heli. It would be alot cheaper.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:52 PM
SexyPizzaMan

On heli hobby i can get a elite for 300 with lipos and charger but no tx. Is this a good choice??
Old 09-18-2004, 06:13 PM
Acs_guitars

Yes, with the electronics and li-po battery it is probably the lowest price you'd find.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:27 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Are there any videos aywhere of the elite flying?? I would like to see it befor buying, for obviouse reasons. Plkeas let me know if you know of any. Or any review on net, thanks.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Acs_guitars

[link=http://www.helihobby.com/videos/HBIndoor.wmv]HB Elite Video[/link] This one appears to have the Elite main aluminum plate chassis...
Old 09-18-2004, 06:47 PM
SexyPizzaMan

also are you aware of how the picclo fun flys?? Is the hummingbird good outside? Can it fly fast? is it good to learn on ext. Thank you so much for the heli you have given me so far, youve helped me narrow down my choices quickly. Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Acs_guitars

The best one I have personally seen outside is the hornet. BUt from what I have heard the ZOOM and Piccolo Pro are great outdoors too. The Hornet is also the fastest that I have seen, the HB is pretty quick, sometimes you will feel it is too quick while you are still learning. THe HB FP is very capapble outside in light wind, but does take a little skill and getting used too when compensating for the wind.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:55 PM
R-Rudder

I got the joba2 last than a week. Someone mentioned in this forum that the learning process for newbies can be shortened by shortening a flybar. I cut off about 6mm on each side of a flybar since it came with the training kit with 4 sticks and orange pingpong balls. I pushed all table and chairs in the living room to a corner and tested out my helicopter. I could hover at knee's height for the first time after 3 days i got my jabo2. The more left stick i pushed foward, the higher the heli will goes, the more right rudder input was required to keep the tail straight or it would just spun around in the air, the lesser it will drift and it just hovers rock steady in the air. I tried out the spare colo mainblades from a crash kit, it hopped straight up and hit the ceiling. I need to put a coat of paint on the ceiling before my parents come home.

Does anybody know what does the right stick control? I'm waiting for the user manual in the mail from a seller.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:27 PM
Acs_guitars

well... the left is throttle and left/right pitch. and the right should be to turn left/right and forward/reverse pitch.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:56 AM
SexyPizzaMan

Has anyone here flown picclo fun and a dragonfly or hummingbird, or seen them. I would like to know which is best.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:58 AM
casipak

pizzaman, I got a jabo 2 with extras, if u want i'll sell it to ya for around $140 plus $25 shipping that's only $165. I bought it about 3 months ago for $200. I have everything u'll need to fly plus I have two batteries so it's like having a lipo and a high intensity tail blade, stock main blades, high intensity wood main blades, regular wood main blades, PE light main blades and a headstiffener. It's a great learning heli because it's got very durable landing gear that's molded into one piece. I could send ya some pics. The heli is in perfect condition. Tell me wat u think.

P.S. the jabo 2 is a clone of the hummingbird which is a great heli, but it is an expensive one.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:16 PM
SexyPizzaMan

Ok here are my final desicions. Either a piccolo fun with bearing upgrades and a head stiffiner. Pirce 260 no tx but i have a futaba 9ch. Or a rtf hummingbird v3 with tx only 199 free shipping. Not from hong kong. Quality stuff. Which to get?? I want to have a stable heli which can hoover very nicly. I know the micros are a little skittlish but w/e. I also want it to be able to fly fast once i learn. I will later sell it and buy piccolo pro once im experienced. I am selling my raptor v50. What should i do??
Get hummingbird v3? or piccolo? Remember i want somthing that doesnt burn out motors, quickly, tail or main motor. I want somthing that will be fast, i know piccolo is slower but with different blades its capable. Please help me.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Acs_guitars

with out an upgrded tail motor any Micro tail motor burns out frequently. Every 7-10 flights it seems.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:40 PM
SexyPizzaMan

so what should i do?? hummingbird or piccolo, hummingbird v3 inot elite, im getting piccolo pro 3d heli once i learn to fly. So i just need a basic heli that can fly fast stable and wont break every 5 min
Old 09-19-2004, 04:46 PM
Acs_guitars

well, for the tail motor you can either buy a bunch of extra motors to keep around (.75 each @ allelectronics) or you can get either a high authority or a brushless set up tail motor. As far as the Heli goes, I'd probably go with the HB V3 with a head stiffener. I have had a good experience with Century products thus far.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.