Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

my shogun's

Old 10-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Pocho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my shogun's

tail spins counterclockwise when I give more throttle(this is happening on the ground). I have yet to take off I am only interested in taking small hops on the ground for now. I have a futaba 240 gyro installed and I tried messing with the tail rotor blades with little success. i have not really set up the radio I have a futaba t7chp radio. Is there something specific I should be doing?
Old 10-05-2004, 03:21 PM
tisrich

Default RE: my shogun's

Did you try switching the gyro from Rev to Normal or vice versa? Often times some rotation is normal untill you get airborne. If it just spins around when you apply throttle then I would try changing the switch setting. When you apply left rudder the tail pitch control lever should move forward. Does it?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:30 PM
Bret4

My shogun does the same thing when I first turn it on. Then when it gets up to half speed the tail has enough speed to control the rotation. Like Tisrich said if it keeps spinning after you build up half speed then you may need to set the gyro for rev or nor by moving the small switch on it.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:08 PM
nou305

My shogun behave same way as Pocho described. I keep switching the position of the Gyro (PG-03) but it did not help much. Even I applied the rudder to the far left, the heli still pind counter clockwise but slowly. I have SANWA/RD8000 TX
Please advise
Old 01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
sherco

Please can somone help on this subject as my zoom does the same thing. it is as if the tail does not spin quick enough to counter the rotor. even with full pitch on the tail it still spins, i have a SL540 micro gyro and a JR 3810 handset.

i am also a beginner and maybe doing somthing wrong.

can anyone help me with the settings for this 3810 eg. throttle and pitch curves. as i dont know what i am doing. also the best way to set the pitch up on the blades.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:01 PM
3DPRO

I DON'T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE, BUT HAVE YOU CHECKED THE DIRECTION OF THE BLADES AS FAR AS MOUNTING GOES? IF SO
WHAT DIRECTION ARE THEY SPINNING? I UPGRADED MINE TO A BRUSHLESS SET UP AND THE PINION SITS LOWER THAN THE STOCK
CAUSING THE DRIVE GEAR ON THE SHAFT TO MAKE CONTACT AT THE BOTTOM RATHER THAN THE TOP, WHICH IN TURN CAUSES THE TAIL TO SPIN CLOCK WISE INSTEAD OF COUNTER CLOCK WISE. WHICH WILL CAUSE TAIL SPIN OBVIOUSLY. I HAD TO REVERSE THE GEAR ON THE TAIL DRIVE SHAFT TO CORRECT PROBLEM.

THANKS,

CHRIS
Old 01-12-2005, 02:00 PM
sherco

Thanks for that idea,

i have checked and all looks ok the tail is getting driven by the top of the shaft.

anyone else got any ideas?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:29 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Mine was uncontrollable until I read a review in the "E-Zone". If you are using the cirrus gyro and the cirrus servos the instructions have you mount the gyro 180 out. After I remounted it I was hovering almost hands off within a couple of minutes. You might want to take a look at that article.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:49 PM
kevinc
My Feedback: (2)

Hello, I have been having a problum with getting the Heli to maintain power. As soon as I get anough pitch curve set in and lift off it just sounds like i am loosing power. I thought I hade to much pitch but lowering it didnt help. I get the max power rotation and it just falls off like the batteries are going dead. The batteries are brand new sence I thought this was the problum and bought new ones. Please help. Kevin
Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 AM
sherco

Old 01-13-2005, 10:43 AM
ClemenTang

Other possible causes that came to mind include wrong radio set up or tail rotor grip mounting limiting response of the servo or the available "right-yaw" pitch.

Clement
Old 01-13-2005, 05:20 PM
sherco

anyone?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:40 PM
kevinc

Did I finally stump everyone? Is there any reason the speed controler would draw to mush juice? Remember new batteries and motor. I tried 2 different LiPo chargers. They peek out at 12.60. Throttle is set high past half stick and adjusting the pitch starts to get lift but peters out with in 20 sec. Speed Controler LED comes on when this is happening. Help, Help this cost a lot of money to sit and look at!!

Thanks, Guys
Old 01-13-2005, 08:43 PM
kevinc

sherco
I did not get your first post on this subject. Let me know if you had a good option?

Kevin
Old 01-14-2005, 10:48 AM
ClemenTang

Sherco,

If you're a beginner trying to teach yourself fly that heli and without even sim training you're gonna need alot of parts. I think your best chance is to find an instructor.

Clement
Old 01-14-2005, 08:16 PM
kevinc

Went to the LHS today and replaced the ESC. Went to try it and the carbon tail rotor shaft shiered off at the front gear. Still dont know if that was the problum yet but now I have to buy more parts!

Kevin
Old 01-15-2005, 05:56 AM
sherco

i know how you feel mate i have had 4 tail drive shaft and gears and i aint even got it off the floor yet

pain in the ***
Old 01-15-2005, 11:21 AM
kevinc

I know I wont buy one of these money pitts again. Its a dam shame you pay upwards of 600.00 dollars and everytime you advance the throttle some cheezy part breaks. E-Flite should be ashamed of themselves for putting such garbage on the market! Buy the time you buy all the upgraded parts it needs you could have bought a quality built gasser.