Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Anyone happy with the Honey bee 2 3d

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Anyone happy with the Honey bee 2 3d

Old 01-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Flyer2k5
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone happy with the Honey bee 2 3d

I just ordered the honey bee 2 3d this will be my first helicopter. All I hear is negative stories about it , are there any positive stories about the HB 2 3D! Is there anyone out there that received one that could fly straight out the box as advertised!!! PLEASE SHARE THANKS
Old 01-10-2005, 09:04 PM
JeffElecRC

Default RE: Anyone happy with the Honey bee 2 3d

I'm very satisfied with mine. Right out of the box it flew. My advice would be to take it slow and get a feel for the controls and tendencies of the helicopter on a slippery floor without taking off. Once you've learned that it wants to rotate CCW and pull left you can take off with a little left rudder and right cyclic. After flying for a few hours I was able to achieve a resonable hover.

I got mine from RC-Experts and it came with Li-Po battery and a 370 motor
Old 01-10-2005, 09:23 PM
pwterry

I'm happy with mine. I'd be even happier if my repair parts would come in ("found" a power line - not a good thing to hit).
Old 01-10-2005, 09:25 PM
GentleBen1952

for the money I'm happy with mine also. Was able to achieve a stable hover in living room with much practice. Get the training gear. The tail motor seems to burn out quickly even with heatsink. Just burnt out the 2nd one since Christmas.
Old 01-14-2005, 02:59 PM
sunderll
My Feedback: (2)

I've now accumulated many hours of flying time. I love mine and anything that goes wrong is the result of about 100 crashes. That's after many hours on a simulator(can't emphasize using one of those enough). I have flown mine in my home every day, land on tables, down hallways etc. It's an awesome heli. You have to really get into what makes it work mechanically to enjoy it. They are easy to work on and the parts are very nice and work well. Use the training gear for about the first many flights. It's really good to use. Like another message said, fly on a slippery(smooth) floor and slide it in all headings to get a feel for the various directional control motions . Don't try and go real high up. Just a few inches and take off and land many, many times. Also, I strongly suggest to not use the 3D switch for the first many hours. I got into trouble and instinctively pulled the throttle back to idle, which in the 3D mode is full power, negative pitch. It caused much damage. In the 3 D mode, the thottle is almost full power regardless of where the stick is. In the conventional mode, down is "No Power". Hope this helps, just move ahead very slowly..