Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly parts- GWS on A China Brand

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly parts- GWS on A China Brand

Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Cautrell05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly parts- GWS on A China Brand

The original head my 22d lasted about a month of hard crashes (cabnets, chairs etc). when that one broke I went with an ESKY head and blade holder. as a set they fit just fine. however, the esky head looks alot more fragile than the original and it only lasted a month with alot less crashes before it broke. I dont really want to put another wimpy esky head back on and d22 parts from china, although much cheaper, cost 20-30 for shipping. from pics that I have seen the GWS dragonfly head looks like a more durable unit than the esky piece.
http://www.allerc.com/images/Pictures/HELICENTHUB.jpg

http://graphics.hobbypeople.net/gallery/165240.jpg
I was hoping someone could get me some measurements of of their GWS dragonfly. Does it use the standard 6x3x2 bearings for the blade holder? How far apart are the bearings? On the esky head they are .500 outside to outside. The D22 head they were .680 outside to outside. What size are the balls on the piece that goes around the head. The small ball links on mine that go down to the swashplate measure .115 or about 3mm and the large ball links that go up to the blade holder are .172 or about 4.3mm. I would really appreciate any help on this. I think that the GWS head would fit but I would like to get some measurements first to be sure.
Thanks
Nick
Old 01-22-2005, 07:46 AM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Dragonfly parts- GWS on A China Brand

6x3x2 bearings 11mm from outsides of bearings, 46mm on center for the blade grips, 45mm end to end on the ball links. If you go with the GWS, get the aluminum head stiffener.
Try www.gwsexpert.com out of LA CA.
Old 01-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Cautrell05

Thanks. What size are the pivot balls that go to the swash and the head?
Nick
Old 01-22-2005, 02:13 PM
loadthis
My Feedback: (3)

The balls that connect the head to the outer control plat to the head are 5mm. The balls from the plat to the swash are 3mm.

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb87080.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	218930