Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

What is the best way to mount Servos?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

What is the best way to mount Servos?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:53 PM
gibbonsbunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best way to mount Servos?

I need to replace a servo on my Helimax Rotofly. Can anyone tell me what is the best method to mount the new servo. The original servo is mounted with shoe goo II.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2005, 11:14 AM
3DPRO

Default RE: What is the best way to mount Servos?

THE BEST WAY TO MOUNT THE SERVOS ON THAT IS WITH DOUBLE SIDED TAPE THAT IS MADE FOR THAT SPECIFIC APPLICATION. YOU CAN GO TO YOUR LHS AND ASK FOR SERVO TAPE AND THEY SHOULD HAVE SOME. I WOULDN'T USE ANY TYPE OF GOO!

THANKS,

CHRIS
Old 02-01-2005, 11:31 PM
tanasit

Shoe Goo has been used for many RC gas/electric car for almost general purpose repairs. For small servo, you can either use the servo tape or go to PepBoys and get double sided tape for car accessories. If the area to be mount is not smooth, you'll be better off with a dap of silicone glue because it flexs after cured. Many cheap ARF models use glue similar to Shoe GOO on almost everything! If you already have the Shoe GOO, use it. I use it on some of my models too. Note, it will eat styrofoam!
Old 02-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Ozydego

I have heard of some people complaining that their servos came loose after using double sided tape, but I think the surfaces were not smooth. Tape would be the best way to go as far as being able to get them back off later, Once I used CA and cracked to case of one of my HS-55's trying to get it back off a couple months later. If you are going to use tape make sure to sand the area down to remove any glue still there, and to make a smooth place for adhesion. After sanding make sure to wipe down the area to remove any particles, and then I think you would have great luck with double sided tape...