Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Different Versions of GWS Dragonfly

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Different Versions of GWS Dragonfly

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
jamesotron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Versions of GWS Dragonfly

Hi all. I own a dragonfly like [link=http://www.dkgoodman.com/dragonflyset.jpg]this[/link] (let's call it A), and my local parts dealer is selling dragonfly's like [link=http://www.acehobby.co.nz/Ossb2Picture/UserUpload/GWS/Original/GWSHFD4A.jpg]this[/link] (B). I didn't realise that the parts are different until I ordered some and they are different the the parts on my Dragonfly.

My (A) was upgraded to a direct drive tail by the previous owner.

Does anyone know what the difference between these heli's is? Does one perform better/different to the other?

Considering the non-availability of parts for (A) locally (and it's current non-flight status) should I just dump the airframe and buy a new (B)? Will the radio, batteries, motors, etc from (A) work fine in (B)?

What do people think?
Old 02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
tjaf

Default RE: Different Versions of GWS Dragonfly

A and B are different helicopters (they look the same, most of these micro heli's are based on the same concept). A is not a GWS helicopter but is sold mostly on ebay. As I was told by my lhs, the electronics from the much cheaper A are inferior to those of B. Off course my lhs sells only B But he claimed he tested them both to come to that conclusion.
I have now idea how the electronics will fit. I can tell you that the GWS Dragonfly (B) is very durable. I learned to fly on this thing. Never broke a thing during the first 50 flights or so. I crashed it into a wall, flew it against a cabinet, ... Never broke a thing. Never had problems with weak or burnt tail motor (I have the direct drive version), no problems with wobbling or whatsoever. However, the PHA01 3-in-1 board is not perfect. It has some problems with the tail drifting after a few minutes of flight because of heat.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:03 PM
jamesotron

Default RE: Different Versions of GWS Dragonfly

Thanks tjaf!

I figure I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy (B). I'll just buy the airframe and try and fit my existing radio, etc to it. If I have to buy a radio etc as well then I'm going to be in big trouble with my girlfriend!

Thanks for your feedback!