Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Walkera #36 problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Walkera #36 problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Pubhi
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Walkera #36 problem

I have searched through the #36 forum but it was no help so I want to ask here. I just got my #36 with the brushless an lipo and after charging up the battery with the included charger, I connected everything up. The main rotor spools up just fine for a few seconds but as soon as I increase the collective, the RPM's just drop off but I can hear the motor still going and I can see the big gear still turning. What the hell is going on here? Is there some sort of a clutch that can't be seen without tearing the whole thing apart? I am going to get a new battery on tuesday and see if that helps with anything.

Also, should I be able to turn the main rotor clockwise when I hold the larger white gear that is connected to the motor still? I have a feeling that this is the cause of my problem because it only happens when the thing has been running for a few mins. Once things have cooled down, the main rotor and gear rotate in unison. What do I need to replace to fix this?

Has anyone else had this problem before? I can use all the help I can get here so feel free to post. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:51 PM
thecheatscalc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Walkera #36 problem

ok it sounds like the grub screws on your gear could be loose try tightening them. if that doesn't do it your motor is probably having some trouble. what exactly is it doing? if you're in 3d mode and you adjust the pitch to 0 then move it up does the speed constantly slow or at a certain point jsut drop off? if it's constant and slowly drops off it's probably your batt. (check both though, what batt. you using?) get a 10C li-poly, also you could have a problem like me and the main motor just not lifting enough I'd suggest upgrading to brushless.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Pubhi
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Walkera #36 problem

The problem was the main rotor gear. I guess it didn't have a good enough grip on the one way bearing and as the rotor would turn, the gear would hear up around the bearing and lose all grip. I went and bought a replacement showgun gear and it works perfectly now. I'm waiting for the battery to charge up at the moment so i'm pretty excited about it. Next I want to upgrade the servos to hitecs i'll update when I do. Thanks for the response though!