Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Align ESC with governor

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Align ESC with governor

Old 01-31-2006, 06:25 AM
tjaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align ESC with governor

I am flying my Trex CCPM for a few months now. I have the standard Align motor and standard Align 25A ESC without governor. I want to buy an ESC with a governor. I read a lot of awfull things about the CC phoenix 35A BEC, and it seems you're best of with a seperate BEC if using this ESC. So what about the Align ESC rated at 35A with governor. Who has experience with these. They are a lot cheaper than the CC esc's, but do they also have problems with the BEC and how well does the governor function perform? I know the Jazz ESC's are quite good, but they cost twice as much as the Align esc's and I really don't want to spend that much money on it.

Greetz,
Nick
Old 01-31-2006, 10:11 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 257 Likes on 206 Posts
Default RE: Align ESC with governor

I have the 35A align. Everything I have read says not to run them in Gov mode. Mine flys pretty good just using throttle curves.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:25 AM
giaffa

I'm running mine (Align 35G) in non governor mode now. I got better punch and no tailwag at all after I switche to non governor. Also the electrics don't tend to overspeed as easy as a IC engine.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 AM
tjaf

Ah, can you elaborate as to why not run it in governor mode? Because that is the main reason I would buy a new ESC. A governor (if it works well) makes programming flight modes so much easier.

[EDIT]: just read the reply of Giaffa. That's too bad. I guess I'll need too search an other ESC with a decent governor ...
Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Norrmannen

Running the Align in gov requires very good batteries that keep HS and voltage up, when they drop it starts to surge.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:42 PM
nawk

I agree on the Align -- tail wag from hell when using governor.

Any recommendations for an ESC with a good governor?
Old 02-08-2006, 11:15 PM
reiffron

i was just at the align web site and they list 2, 35 amp esc. one is listed as having a 6 volt bec would this allow you better servo speed and not need a seperate bec like the medusa