Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Blade CP climbs in forward flight after Bell upgrade?

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade CP climbs in forward flight after Bell upgrade?

Old 03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
cmassa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP climbs in forward flight after Bell upgrade?

Has anyone else noticed that after putting on the Bell upgrade the helicopter climbs a lot more in forward flight? My helicopter is trimmed for a stable hover but when in forward flight I have to hold down elevator all the time to keep going level. If I let off, the nose pitches up and it climbs, eventually losing airspeed. Is this a normal thing? I don't remember it being this dramatic before the Bell mixer was installed. Overall though I love the response after the upgrade. I can easily do loops and rolls now. Hovering in the wind is a little more difficult as it seems to jump around more (probably just me). I have been surprised at how well these things handle wind for their weight. A friend and I have flown them in up to a 15 mph wind and still had a lot fun although going upwind was a little slow.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 03-16-2006, 09:45 AM
1LO64

Default RE: Blade CP climbs in forward flight after Bell upgrade?

Pitching up in FFF or FF can be common. I've always just added some weight to the nose of my 30 sized birds and it fixed the problem. You could always adjust the links at the swashplate to compensate for the problem!
Old 03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
futura

Default RE: Blade CP climbs in forward flight after Bell upgrade?

the nose should be slightly heavier. I set mine up so the tail motor is 1/2 inch higher than where the boom enters the frame. I also had the heli pitching up in ff. This weight distribution helped allot. I did not add weight, just placed the battery further forward.