Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Blade CP: blade pitch varies with elevator input

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade CP: blade pitch varies with elevator input

Old 05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
cmassa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP: blade pitch varies with elevator input

I have a Blade CP which I have flown a lot and can loop, roll, etc. It has developed a problem which I cannot resolve. I have the Bell-Hiller upgrade on it. I cannot maintain a hover. The pitch is constantly changing. I have found that just a slight tap of down elevator causes the blade pitch to increase. A tap up up elevator causes a decrease in blade pitch. Any slight movement in the right stick causes this making a stable hover impossible. I am contantly fighting it. I have watched the servos while holding it in my hand and they seem stable and are going back to the same place. I can definitely feel an increase in upward thrust. I have taken apart the head. The spindle is straight and new o-rings have been put in. Tracking is right on and the main shaft is straight. I have added and removed shims without any difference. It occurs both with the stock and aluminum swash plates. Any ideas? This is really frustrating. It used to hold a very stable hover without much input.

Chris
Old 05-13-2006, 10:38 PM
cmassa

Default RE: Blade CP: blade pitch varies with elevator input

Well, I finally solved it. I disabled the motors and carefully watched the servos. The rear left servo was going to a different center point depending on its direction of travel. I replaced it and everything is good again.

Chris
Old 05-14-2006, 01:58 AM
john68

GREAT!!!

I have the same problem and thought I was just loosing my mind. (That hapens to us old people)

I'll get a servo and fix that ASAP.

THANKS!

John
Old 05-14-2006, 06:34 AM
Balsabasher
My Feedback: (4)

Guys, just remember that is the main down side of CCPM. No tolerance for unmatched servo action.