Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:49 AM
s5lin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

Hi,

Has anyone else seen the new Black Hawk EP500? Dymond RC in San Diego has one in stock(demo model) and also Raiden tech is carrying it now.

http://www.raidentech.com/hearfbrelrar.html

$165 for the ARF without motor from Raidentech, and Dymond is going to sell theirs for $250 with a motor, I will probably end up buying from Dymond, as they are actually closer to me. I am currently living in SD and Helmut has been great for advice, gotta support my LHS.

At first I was going to get the T-Rex 450XL, but this heli appeals to since it is slightly larger and being that I am a beginner still I was hoping to get a slight heavier heli for starting out. And also it seems this heli has some metal parts for the head.

But I was thinking of this setup for it:

JR XP6102 ( I'm an airplane guy and I have this radio, it has 3 CCPM Heli programmin already)
Futaba GY401 Gyro using the Tower Hobbies coupon for that and some servos
Hitec HS 56 all around (3 Cyclic and Collective, 1 for tail)
Castle Creations Phoenix 45 ESC
Align 430L 3550KV motor (in case I do not get one with motor)

What do the rest of you guys think?

Please let me know on the Heli and the equipment.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:24 AM
twistercp

Default RE: New Blackhawk Heli... A lil bigger than T-Rex

looks lovely - wish could afford it!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:11 AM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

They also make a nitro version.

[link=http://www.raidentech.com/hearfnigasra.html]Black Hawk 500 GP [/link]
Old 06-02-2006, 10:46 AM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

I was looking at this bird yesterday and was somewhat intrigued. It's not THAT much bigger though. The blades are only 3.5 cm larger than the t-rex's and it's body is just a bit longer.

Nonetheless, more rotor area does help with stablity. It's definately a nice looking bird, but like so many things in this hobby, you get what you pay for. I'd be very interested in seeing how it performs, mechanically that is.

My only concern now is parts availability. I've seen a few different companies carying this bird but none seem to stock spare parts, not a good thing. []
Old 06-02-2006, 11:40 AM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

The thing that I really like about this Heli is that you can put a 1/10 scale nitro engine in it. Myself I would put a O.S. .12cv in it and that would give you almost 35min. of fly time with that 125cc fuel tank.

Here is another place that also sells parts for it.
[link=http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_model_helicopters/black_hawk_500_helicopter.htm]Blackhawk 500 EP CP helicopter [/link]

And here are 2 pic's of it with the engine in it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60410.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	470481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29642.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	470482  
Old 07-21-2006, 11:13 PM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dymond in San Diego has a complete line of parts including a ton of alum upgrades and CF frame parts. They are also coming out with some scale fuses pre-painted.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:57 PM
rcjames1

I bought the Blawkhawk, nitro version ; then converted it to electric. Went to dymond and bought all required parts. I am using the stock motor with castle 45 and a 3300 mah 3 cell lipo,3- hs 65 servos....not sure which servo to use on the tail. When I put it next to the T-rex there is a big difference.I will use my JR 8103 with pcm 770 receiver and a 401 gyro. I will probably use the futaba 9650 or the new aitronics mini digital.....whichever one I get my hands on first . I am intermediate flyer so I am not concerned about the heli's 3-D capabilities, although "they" say it does OKAY.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:19 PM
rcjames1

okay , I bought a futaba 9650........got heli in air ....very smooth , although controls were too sensitive so I brought it back in the house and moved ball links to first hole on arm.....but , got dark.....more later. Looking toward near future , I am definitely going to buy metal blade grips and those georgeous carbon fiber blades.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:53 PM
arffy

hey rc james be careful of the aileron control arms .Put nuts on inside or they will stip out of the frame.Its a good thing I do checks on mine or I would of had a really bad crash.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:20 PM
moosemanty

heli hobby also has parts http://www.helihobby.com/html/blackhawk_helicopter.html
also a while back i saw a few good vids of this heli. but i don't remember where..........
Old 11-21-2006, 10:09 PM
rcjames1

arffy....thx for the "tip". Okay, I have hovered this blackhawk several times now ....smooth...2100 rpm at 17.25 amp draw (hover).
I do have to say it is made of low quality parts....screws have poor threads ( as they have fallen out of the frame , I have tapped frame spacers with 2-56 threads and installed 2-56 alenhead screws with blue locktite. The main gear is very soft material, the bushings on the feathering spindle are way too soft, allowing for too much flex of the main blades.The linkages have poor threads too but haven't "let go" yet, I am thinking of comparing them to those used in T-rex 450. I know the Shogun feathering spindle is exactly same as Blawkhawk....no surprise both made by Walkera. As my flying progresses , I will upgrade with better quality parts.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:14 PM
retired911guy

I have been searching for a forum/thread on the HeliPro Black Hawk helicopters and cannot find one specific for these helicopters and not much information on any of them. I was hunting for a 'copter that has full aluminum running gear already installed and finally found one: the HeliPro Black Hawk 450 SE 3D. If it is any good at all, this bird is one heck of a deal. Here is a link to take a look at it: http://www.discountrchelicopter.com/...BlackHawk450SE. I swallowed hard and dug deep to order one. I was so tired of flimsy running gear. This one looks to be of "tank" quality with rotors. It has just about everything I want in a electric helicopter. If anyone has any experience with this helicopter, please let me know what that experience is and what I may expect from this unit and what I might need to do to make it reliable and flyable. Nothing is perfect, as we all well know. It appears to be about half the price of a similarly configured T-Rex and is RTF. If it is any good at all, it will be a real bargain. One last question: Is a carbon fiber frame better/worse/preferable to an aluminum frame?
Old 01-24-2007, 01:49 AM
tzeming

I am beginner and recently bought a blackhawk 500GP and a 450EP.
at the moment, I am setting up the 500GP and still looking for a good break in procedure. I think I will use 10% nitro fuel to start off with.
With the 120' ccpm setting in my JR radio, the default is 60%, I am not sure if this is correct or not for the swashplate as well
any Suggestion ?

For the 450EP, I notice the main frame has only two servo mount holes ( upper and lower position ). this means one servo will fit into the upper mount holes for elevator ,two servos will needed to be install back to back in the lower mount hole for collective and Aileron.
I am wondering what servo will fit ?[]

some sites for helipro

http://www.helipro-rc.com/home.asp
http://gfoto.com.hk/rcmodel/1/l13.html
http://www.5imx.com/newscenter/n061102a.htm ( chinese site )
Old 01-24-2007, 05:04 PM
retired911guy

Hmmm. I need to learn to read Chinese!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
tzeming

I am Chinese, I can't read that Chinese site neither, as it is in Simplified Chinese[&o]. I only look at the pictures.

have your new 450 arrived home yet ?
what servo do you plan to use ?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:12 PM
retired911guy

Well, how is the weather there in New South Wales? I guess it is mid summer there, mid winter here. About 35 deg. F, getting colder, down to about 20 deg. F on Friday morning. Had freezing rain Sunday night. Anyway, the Blackhawk has not arrived (actually has not had time to arrive). They have $10.99 flat rate shipping, so I could not have it sent overnight or 3 days. Funny thing, I just went to their site and clicked on the "Track your order" button and there is no tracking information, just the fact that you bought it and payment has been settled. I don't know if it has been shipped or not and if it is coming from Minnesota or Hong Kong. I guess it must perforce be coming from somewhere in the USA. $10.99 is a bit cheap for international shipping. As for the servos, hmmmm.....I guess whatever comes on it. The literature says it is RTF and has 4 mini servos (already on board). We shall see, I guess. I am assuming they just tossed it into USPS Parcel Post or 1st Class mail and it will get here when it gets here, hopefully by this Friday or Saturday. That may be a bit on the optimistic side.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:45 AM
tzeming

very warm down under. I live in Sdyney ,some area hit 35 deg C , most people ends in the shopping centre, enjoying free air con. I stay at home watching tennis as well as setting up my new birds.

I bought mine in HK directly from the distributor ( they don't normally sell directly to end user ) . Last year I rang the boss of Helipro in China and asking him questions about the blackhawk and he then asked their distributor in HK to contact me. Funny that when Helipro's boss eventually asked me how many blackhawk I want to buy ( he meant in term of hundreds ), and I said one.....

I think the US distributor may package up the full set and save the end users finding out what to fit in.

servo I use : tower pro SG90, it is a 9g mirco servo
Old 01-26-2007, 03:21 AM
tzeming

Hello Rcjames1 and Arffy

I need some help [], I am stuck with servo installation and not to mention ccpm setting. no matter what orientation of the servo , swashplate doesn't seem to be level in mid stick . would you show me how yours are done..pleaseeee.

when I move pitch/throttle stick , the head side of the swashplate move faster than the tail side of the swashplate , ends in an more uneven swashplate level when full pitch/throttle stick. [:-]

some wrong with my current setting as well, when I move aileron stick, the swashplate move in elevator direction ( nose up or down ) and vice versa if I move elevator stick, the swashplate move in aileron direction [&o]

Thanks
Old 01-26-2007, 09:37 AM
retired911guy

tzeming, I am not as experienced as the other guys, and am still learning, but it seems that the leads or wires are switched for the ailerons and rudder, or at least try switching them on the receiver and see if that cures that part of the problem. It could also be that you swapped the positions of the servos; you could try switching them.
This seems logical to me, but as I say, I am still new at this, and I just volunteered my thoughts since you did not direct your inquiry to me. As for the pitch problem, you could try adjusting the linkage between the servo arm and the swashplate or the attachment point for the linkage on the servo arm. Just a thought and I apologize for butting in. I would be very interested in the more experienced guys responses to see if I am on the right track. Best of luck with resolving your problem. I hope my new Blackhawk (RTF) does not suffer from such problems.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:59 AM
tzeming

thanks for your comments and any suggestions are welcome. it is good to know that there is someone from the other side of the world who is trying to help me out.
I asked directly to the other two members because they have the exact model and have it up and flying , so they must know how the it should be done.

I will be interested to see how's your RTF look like. have you got your own radio ? I think you still have to setup the radio to fly ...

I will soon start to setup the blackhawk 450, I eventually received the manual of the ESC from the distributor. I hope this electric heli gives me less trouble than the nitro blackhawk 500 .
Old 01-31-2007, 07:51 AM
PSN Denmark

HI

I am new here at the Forum, and just found this thread.

Concerning the Black Hawk 450 SE, I just got one for 2Ā½ weeks ago, from China. The Black Hawk was complet together with Futaba radio, gyro with heading lock, servo, brusless engine, 1800 mah. lo-po battery, charger etc.

Here some pictures off it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54668.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	610622   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92258.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	610623   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68631.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	610624   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kd90084.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	610625  
Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM
KidNovak

I'm thinking about getting the Black Hawk 450 or 450SE, also looking at the Falcon 3D.

What's holding me back are Parts and Upgrades for the 450's.

My question is, will T-Rex parts and upgrades fit the Black Hawk Heli's?

I read a lot of very good reviews on the Falcon 3D. How is the Black Hawk?

Thank you,
Novak
Old 02-02-2007, 05:19 PM
PSN Denmark

HI

I baught my Black Hawk in China, the same company also sold the Falcon 3D & the T-Rex. The company told me, that the Black Hawk was a better Heli than the Falcon 3D. They Compaired the Black Hawk to be almost as good as the T-Rex, but a lot cheaper.

First I ordered 2 pcs Black Hawk 450, but after I found out, that they also made the SE version, I changed the order to two of them instead, the other Black Hawk was to my freind. The extra cost for the SE version was only 60$. total 360$ together with Futaba radio etc. The T-Rex 450 SE with the same equipment cost 580$

You can get all upgrade parts to the Black Hawk as wel as to the T-Rex, but the Black Hawk 450 is a new design, so untill now, not many stores have them yet.
If you need extra parts, it will take about 1 week to be send by air mail from China.

I have the full price list of all upgrade parts from China, but I am quite new concerning heliĀ“s, then I do not know what is good ore bad. My freinds who knows about heliĀ“s from the club have not seen my heli yet. The guy who have to test it, actialy is in the US to become a heli pilot at the moment, and also the weather in Denmark is quite bate at the moment

Here in Denmark the T-rex is quite popular.
Old 02-02-2007, 07:42 PM
KidNovak

@PSN Denmark
Thank you for the information.

I'm really leaning towards the Black Hawk 450 SE. The best price that I can find is $430.00 plus $11.00 Shipping.

I'd appreciate if you would give me the website address where you purchased your Black Hawk from China.

Thank you,
Mike

Old 02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
retired911guy

Well, I am now the proud owner of a Black Hawk 450 SE. It was everything I expected it to be and more (the transmitter came with a recharger and rechargeable batteries). This is where I purchased mine: http://www.discountrchelicopter.com/...BlackHawk450SE. I posted this link a while back on this thread. Everything was just as advertised. I am noticing some differences with the different ones people have ordered. All are basically the same and appear to be RTF. I have noticed a difference in the size of the battery (mine is a 2200mahr) and the heading lock gyro (mine is the HobbyPro). One retailer is obviously selling them with a Futaba radio, and you can't go wrong there. Mine came with a JFT602, which I know nothing about. It has several switches on it I am still scratching my head over. The documentation that comes with the helicopter is sparse but what is there is quite good. The English is of high quality and understandable and appears not to be done by Chinese second grader learning english. All this came for a surprising $10.99 World Express Mail Shipping. I have seen some internet dealers burn customers up on shipping; these guys don't. They seem to offer a solid product at a good price. You can contact the seller at "[email protected]". His name is Chris and he will get back to you within 24 hours, normally. Overall, I am thoroughly pleased with my upgraded heli. One upgrade that was not in the package that I went ahead and ordered was 315 MM CF main rotor blades. Looking back now, I probably should have order the tail rotor CF blades too. Now if there was just a way to figure out what the extra knobs and switches do on the transmitter without crashing the helicopter, I would be good to go as they say. All of this cme over the internet for about half the price of a similarly configured T-Rex 450SE, and on almost all of those, you still had to add a battery, receiver, transmitter and servos (maybe not all of those parts but some of those). The HeliPro Black Hawk 450SE is the only one I have found that is truly RTF. Maybe if Chris doesn't have a manual, he could WRITE one for guys who need to be clued in on how some of these thing operate. I don't want to trash my 450 on it's first flight!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.