Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Need to upgrade my Piccolo? >

Need to upgrade my Piccolo?

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Need to upgrade my Piccolo?

Old 01-02-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to upgrade my Piccolo?

Hi everyone,
i live in rural north carolina, where there is absolutely no interest in rc unless it involves a shotgun and the killing of some animal. after much debate i have decided (already purchased) to get an ikarus piccolo. i live in a huge house with a lot of open area inside, but i also have a large yard for calm days.
i have heard that many parts break on this heli like the swashplate, and so there are upgrades like aluminum parts.(which aren't cheap)
but i only have about 200.00 to spend on upgrades, just the thought of breaking my heli and having to wait weeks for the new part to come in the mail scares the crap out of me...so could anyone suggest a few of the most broken parts that are upgradeable to higher quality parts that i should get first...also is there a sight that specializes in that sort of thing, so i won't have to get evrything from a different sight?
thanks a lot
Old 01-02-2003, 07:08 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Default Parts

He he he

Here is the Ikarus Piccolo BBS

http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubbth...at=&Board=UBB1

Part well I just got one a couple of weeks ago. As soon as I powered up I roached to main plastic pinion in one second. I would get the 9t chrome or steel or brass or whatever main pinion.

After the first couple days I busted the antirotation pin (plastic) off the plastic hub. Replaced with helihobby's assembled alum hub $65. I did repair the other by cyo'ing on a steel rod which broke off and then drilled a hole and cyoed the rod in. It worked and I replaced before it got tore up.

Are you using HS 50 servos? If so go to servocity and buy a couple of replacement gear sets. Make sure when gluing your servos to the mounting plates that you don't get glue on the top part of the case so that they will be easy to get in to if necessary.

Go with MIA's replacement landing gear when building. The are formed wire instead of carbon fiber.

USE TRAINING GEAR! Make sure it is really light gear.
Old 01-02-2003, 07:56 PM

Try http://www.e-flight.co.uk/
This is a UK based business but Ian will advise you and not rip you off .
lots of upgrtades available
Old 01-02-2003, 08:05 PM

here is a US based company as well for upgrades.
http://www.precisionmodelproducts.com
Old 01-03-2003, 03:17 AM

thanks for the info, i found a great sight called heliworld.com...it has tons of parts and mods for a good deal.

there is one thing i'm wondering though, does the piccolo require an additional channel or servo of i buy and install the collective potch mod?
3d flight interests me(though i know it will be a while before i'm ready for it)
Old 01-04-2003, 04:57 PM

Not sure about this , your best bet is to visit the Pic bulletin board and post you question there .

cheers Trevor
Old 01-05-2003, 02:23 PM

http://pgoelz.com/piccolo_resources.html

Ive just copied this link from the piccolo bulletin board .
this covers loads of suppliers worldwide .