Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Humm..... what now?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Humm..... what now?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 10:15 AM
evaderracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humm..... what now?

Hello everyone, I useto have the blade cp, and I tryed to do a roll....because I was bored and it was sooooo worn out.....must have had 15 main motors and like 18 tail motor through it.....anyway it burnet teh 4in1. My dad bought the t-rex 450 se....its really really nice! VERY stable. But just alittle big for the front yard.....I could rip the blade all over, not true with the trex. SO I am looking for a new heli....I really dont know what to get? the cp pro? the walkera 60? or the honeybee king......I WOULD like one without a tail motor....could someone tell me what direction to go in?

Thanks alot

James
Old 08-25-2006, 11:46 AM
ct420

Default RE: Humm..... what now?

Here's my vote:

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/falcon.htm
Old 08-25-2006, 01:07 PM
thecheatscalc

well... if you're looking for something SMALL to fly around that's 3D, you've got the walkera 52... (it's rotor span is about half that of the blade). BUT I'm sure when the dog barks it'll blow it out of the sky.

That falcon doesn't look too bad, it's got tail gears, so, keep it AWAY from tall grass when starting up!

PS: unfortunatly, there really aren't that many helicopters that are small like the blade CP WITHOUT a tail motor.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:42 PM
evaderracer

mhm......what about the walkera 60? or the cp pro? any good in those?

Thanks again.

James
Old 08-25-2006, 09:40 PM
evaderracer

I am also now looking at this one....

Any input on this on? how does this compare to the falcon?

Thanks

James

http://www.hooobby.com/esky-e008a-6c...elicopter.html
Old 08-26-2006, 12:03 AM
ct420

The HB king is about 3 inches shortr than the falcon, and weighs a bit less. The only thing I don't like about the king is the brushed motor. Well, I'm not crazy about the landing gear either, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I haven't researched it much, but E-sky helis in general have a good reputation from what I can tell. I have an E-sky Lama2, and have always been pleased with it.

I think either would be good choices, but I still think the Falcon is probably a little higher on the 'bang for your buck' scale...

This also looks like a pretty good deal:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Airowolf-RTF-ARK...QQcmdZViewItem

However, I think the Falcon will likely come wth MUCH better support from Hobby-Lobby (they have proven, excellent support) than anything I would get from a Hong Kong based reseller. That tips the scales in favor of the Falcon for me on this also...

The x-400 is about the size of the T-REX, though, so it's probably bigger than you want...

The Falcon is almost as big as the 'Rex, but is a touch smaller...
Old 08-27-2006, 10:56 AM
darkside212
My Feedback: (73)

How about the Cyclone 400 AlphaX available at [link=https://st86.startlogic.com/~rcepower/osCommerce1/catalog/index.php?cPath=27&osCsid=bc0ec233880bba7dad2dfd8893bbc114]RCEPOWER.com[/link]