Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 01-03-2007, 07:06 PM
DoomsDay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

ORIGINAL: CheeseNeggs

hey everyone, just got my falcon 40 today. this is my first heli ever. It seems like a really nice helicopter. Everything was pretty much setup good from the get go, besides me making a few minor adjustments. I hovered on my second battery. My longest keeping it in the air was about 20 seconds. I crashed and a bearing popped out- I just had to take off the blades and snap it back in.

Just wondering how you did on your first day with this heli. thanks.
Grats on hovering so quickly!

I didn't try to hover till about my 4th battery as I was just getting used to the controls again. It is a lot different then flying a park flyer hehe. I am around my 12th battery and can keep it in the air pretty much as long as I want now. As soon as my parts get in to fix my broken flybar (A stupid mistake that I shouldn't have done lol), I am going to start working on side in and nose in hovering.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:31 PM
AirGerbil

Well, I got a Falcon 40 for Christmas from my Brother-In-Law. It just came in yesterday, so I charged up the battery and looked for a forum online. Luckily I found this one. I got to read all of the stories before I even tried to fly. It's a good thing I did since I didn't even get it off the ground. Today I managed to get home before dark and thought that it might be easier to get a hold of outside. It was.......for about 3 seconds before I completely lost control and burned in. I broke the right skid off completely and tossed a bearing (which I found).

Sooooo. I ordered the super skids, and re-attached the blades and bearing. As for the broken skid, I grabbed the hot glue gun and made a hideous fix for now. I was able to bring it indoors (where I should be) and practice in a more conservative manner. It's my 3rd battery and I pulled off a couple of 10-15 sec hovers......controlled for the most part.

I've got to say, if it wasn't for this forum I probably wouldn't have gotten this far in a two-evening timeframe.......not that I've gotten very far, but whatever. I look forward to reading all of the new posts and reviewing the old. Thanks again
Old 01-03-2007, 09:47 PM
tonywayne

I just have a Q? about the super skids. They look like they would add more weight to the heli. R they heavier, lighter, or the same? Is there info on this anywhere? Thanks alot guys..... GREAT THREAD! Tony
Old 01-03-2007, 11:51 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: tonywayne

I just have a Q? about the super skids. They look like they would add more weight to the heli. R they heavier, lighter, or the same? Is there info on this anywhere? Thanks alot guys..... GREAT THREAD! Tony
I don't own a pair, but from what I have read in a couple forums they are just slightly heavier then the stock ones.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:55 PM
makatron

they are a lil bit heavier but since they also lower the gravity center they will make your bird fly more stable

and God they look awesome, mines are on the way!!!!! but i am saving for a turbine powered scale heli for xmas
i need to start right away coz is going to cost me over 4G's [X(]

ps
i will post some pics when super skids are installed in my bird
Old 01-04-2007, 09:14 AM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: makatron

edit... but i am saving for a turbine powered scale heli for xmas
i need to start right away coz is going to cost me over 4G's [X(]

4G's huh??? Sounds like you're ready for a part time job for a while... Thats how I've been supporting this addictive hobby myself.

Have you been able to download any of the turbine heli videos at the Runryder website???

Its really neat to see/hear one start on its own with onboard electric start!!!! So realistic too.

All I'm missing now is the jet fuel exhaust smell!!!!
Old 01-04-2007, 09:57 AM
makatron

yeah i downloaded over 20 turbine heli videos myself, go youtube and watch nh90 turbine heli videos i uploaded there

im either going to get a part time job or win the lottery

i checked some forums and seems like the pht-3 turbine from JetCat (cost 4G's) can burn even diesel petrol fuel plus it has
a well known support and Vario offer kits based in that turbine too

but as you already said, the jet fuel smell

i already moded the Bell-222 in RealFlight 3G to run with turbo propelled engine and even there the sound is amazing, you just have to do some try an error settings because the rotor governor needs to let the spin go up to 11,000 revs but never over 18,000 or your heli will go crazy (how do i know that?? huh) , i like the sound of big brushless motors too coz they are so damn loud and remember they are cheaper to keep runnin than nitro or turbine (cleaner too)

this hobby is more addictive than drugs and can be more expensive lol, i already have 4 helis
walkera 22e
falcon 40
blade cx (for indoors)
picco Z (to bother my dog)

and i can see a t-rex comin to the fleet somewhere in feb-march after i recover from xmas shopping
Old 01-04-2007, 01:06 PM
R/Cfantic889

Hey guys, just chekin up 2 c wats new.
i still haven't gotten my falcon yet, the order is still on hold[:@]
well anyways u guys have fun flying... and ill just be in my small dark corner waiting
Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 PM
robotronski

You'll do great with the Falcon 40.

I have a nitro powered helicopter pilot buddy who's still hovering in one spot whil I'm already flying smooth figure 8's with no problems from nose-in orientation.

He's terrrified of trashing a $800 rig so he's never going to push it to make it to the next level. Sad, but true.

I am 110% confident I could grab his transmitter from him and make his heli dance, after all it has more power, a better gyro, a tricked out transmitter and its big enough for me to see far away as well.

Point is, I'm not in love with the Falcon 40 as my most favorite heli, only as my most favorite TRAINING heli.

Hope you get yours soon,
Robo
Old 01-04-2007, 06:13 PM
tonywayne

Hey guys hope everyones new year is going well. I was wandering whats the best site to order the F4 from? And there shiping rates? Thanks...... Tony
Old 01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
R/Cfantic889

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if nitroplanes.com is an ok site. I tryed E-mailing them about my Falcon 40 order but they havent replied.

It has been sevral days now and i am starting to wonder if they are going to reply and get my order off hold.

Thanks,

R/Cfantic889
Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
My Name Is Brad

ORIGINAL: R/Cfantic889

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if nitroplanes.com is an ok site. I tryed E-mailing them about my Falcon 40 order but they havent replied.

It has been sevral days now and i am starting to wonder if they are going to reply and get my order off hold.

Thanks,

R/Cfantic889

order the falcon off xheli.com. I just bought my falcon from there and everything was well done on their part.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:33 PM
tonywayne

So does anyone know or remember the shiping rates from xheli? normal shiping '' i can wait a week or so '' Thanks Happy flyen
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 PM
makatron

www.xheli.com or www.raidentech.com i did business with both and so far so good
Old 01-04-2007, 09:56 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: makatron

www.xheli.com or www.raidentech.com i did business with both and so far so good
They are both the same company. On another forum there are a few people that are very upset with xheli. The big problem you have with them is they use yahoo store as their store and it bills you as soon as you place the order. If they are out of stock and haven't updated the website, they may place your order on backorder and never tell you. So your card gets billed yet you might wait weeks to get your stuff. I know that there was a total of 4 of us that ordered from xheli and this is what happened.

We all 4 ordered falcon 40's. me first, friend 2 friend 3 and friend 4.
Me, friend 2 and friend 4 all got our helis within a week. friend 3 as of this writing has been told it is in route and should be here in the next couple days. They held his order for 2 weeks because he ordered 2 extra batteries and they where out of stock on them so they held his entire order till they got more and did not inform him that his order was on hold. Everything seems to work fine with them if they have things in stock, but if they don't it can be very ugly. My suggestion if you want to order from them is to call them and try to place the order over the phone (If they allow that). That way they can see if they are in stock right then.

Before the falcon 40's, 2 of us ordered honeybees and on the next day the website showed they were out of stock. 2 days later we both received an email stating our orders had been canceled but they had already taken the money from our accounts (due to them using yahoo shop who bills immediately) It took 5 days and our money was returned. That didn't bother me to much because they are using a 3rd party for their billing, but it did kinda sucked that the website allowed us to order when they were out of stock.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:20 AM
a10bolt

Hello Exceed Falcon 40 Forum

You folks on this forum have opened a can of worms for me….I was happily web surfing and read about the PiooZ helicopter. I got one from toys r us, and was hooked again.

I own a MS Composite Hornet Switizer Helicopter. Yes, I said own vs. fly because I could never get it in the air.[:@] By the way, this was a kit. I thought I could build it since I’ve built many RC cars and trucks…wrong thought process. So, to the shelf it goes to collect dust.

This Christmas, I showed my nephew (6 years old) my PiooZ helicopter. I ended up giving him my little heli. So now I’m looking for an rtf heli to replace my PiooZ and stumbled onto your forum.

I just ordered the exceed falcon 40 from xheli, and a set of superskids.

Has anyone replaced the NiMh batteries with Lipo’s? Also, has anyone considered using a brushless main motor?

Thanks

A10bolt
Old 01-05-2007, 01:27 AM
makatron

so far none of them delayed my orders, i guess i just ran lucky this time

but for my TRex im going to try ebay see if i can find a good deal there

and about the picco Z, i own 3 of them lmao
Old 01-05-2007, 09:55 AM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: a10bolt

Hello Exceed Falcon 40 Forum

You folks on this forum have opened a can of worms for me….I was happily web surfing and read about the PiooZ helicopter. I got one from toys r us, and was hooked again.

I own a MS Composite Hornet Switizer Helicopter. Yes, I said own vs. fly because I could never get it in the air.[:@] By the way, this was a kit. I thought I could build it since I’ve built many RC cars and trucks…wrong thought process. So, to the shelf it goes to collect dust.

This Christmas, I showed my nephew (6 years old) my PiooZ helicopter. I ended up giving him my little heli. So now I’m looking for an rtf heli to replace my PiooZ and stumbled onto your forum.

I just ordered the exceed falcon 40 from xheli, and a set of superskids.

Has anyone replaced the NiMh batteries with Lipo’s? Also, has anyone considered using a brushless main motor?

Thanks

A10bolt
Yes they have and it is possible but not advised during your training. You will be crashing many times during the learning proccess and you do not want to have lipos in there as it is possible to damage them and cause a fire that will destroy your heli completely. As for brushless, once you learn how to fly well, then it might be a good time to upgrade to one, but again, during your learning, there is no reason to upgrade anything on the heli (except maybe the skids) as it will just equal more money to fix after your crash.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:10 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: a10bolt

Thanks

A10bolt
Yes I replaced the original with a 1600mAh Lipo and fly twice as long. Went with a 2-cell Lipo for 7.4 volts which is less than the stock battery voltage.
Was not a problem as I have all the thrust I need to climb out and don't smoke the stock motors by trying to fly with a 3-cell Lipo pumping out 11.1 volts dc.

Did have to buy a dedicated Lipo charger as well since the original factory charger would damage the Lipos if I tried to use it.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:27 PM
makatron

you have to think about your falcon 40 as your trainer heli, that means you have to
keep it as cheap as posible because you will be crashing during your learning process

maybe a better battery, as long as is Ni-Metal but not too heavy or your bird will
act funny (how do i know that huh?? lol)

i do have a 950 mah battery in my falcon 40 and that gives me 3 or 5 more mins in the air

super skids is the way to go because they will resist all the damage you can put on them and
they look cool

just save your money for your next heli, im thinking about something bigger than a trex 450se
because my trainer here told me that my style needs something around 90 size, im very agressive

the other day i took his thunder tiger and did a great dance in the air (tic tocs included)
Old 01-05-2007, 05:22 PM
airshot

I noticed the different places people were ordering from, my wife ordered a Picco Z for christmas for me, but when it arrived the motor has a nasty growl (grind) sound and flight times are short. It is a faulty part, it was ordered from "Hobbytron" and they have not yet replied to three e-mails about my getting a replacement. You need a return order number to send it back and they have not responded. Anyone else out there have any experience with them ??

Airshot
Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 PM
J-Cube

It turns out I cracked the rotor head core the last time I flew my Falcon.

Does anyone know if an aluminium rotor head is available for the Falcon 40? I know its a trainer heli but, from what I've heard, this part just breaks so offend, I'd like to get it in aluminium. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

I just bought my falcon yesterday from Xheli.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:45 PM
airwethead

<rant>

I ordered mine from raidentech last week. I also ordered an extra tail rotor motor (they can burn out) and a spare set of blades (just in case...) They sent me tracking information and billed me, but the tracking on UPS still says "Billing Information Received." I take this to mean the package has yet to be given to UPS for shipment AKA something is on backorder. I am a little pissed about the lack of communication. I would at least like to KNOW that my stuff is being delayed, and why. If it is the spare parts, then send me the heli NOW and the parts when you get em! At least give me that option

</rant>
Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
R/Cfantic889

Hey guys,
I was just wondering if there were any defects/problems that you had with you falcon 40.
Thanks,
R/CFantic889

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.