Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 01-09-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Hey guys,
I'm just checkin up and wanted 2 telll u that nitroplanes.com FINALY is going to ship my falcon 40 (today or tommorow) after being on hold since the 31st of december.
So im happy and can't wait 4 my 1st heli!
Is there anything that you would recomend me doing to prep 4 my first heli flight?

Thanks,
R/Cfantic889
Old 01-09-2007, 11:06 PM

Hey all!

I'm new to the forum, but have been readings postings for some time now. My Falcon 40 should be here tomorrow and I can't wait. I am interested in getting a LiPo that will give me some more time in the air but I hear a lot of mixed suggestions. I've also read about people ruining motors and 4 in 1's with these batteries. Is there a good, safe, reliable, battery that would work well with the F40? thanks a ton!

-Hover
Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 PM

I have a 2 cell lipo in mine (7.4v/1200Mah/10C) and it flies like a champ. Be sure to get a lipo charger because the included charger is NOT compatible. Charging Lipo on a NiMH charger will cause fire/explosion/injuries etc.

For all you new pilots, I hoped you bought training gears! This will save you time, money and frustration. Most important of all, take it slow and practice indoor or outdoor with NO WIND. Hovering is hard enough, why make it harder by adding wind? It doesn't take much to throw these micro helis around, so be careful and have fun. Good Luck!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:54 PM

titanium, did you have to add an ESC ??
Old 01-10-2007, 08:30 AM

No problems or modifications needed to switch over to a 2-Cell LiPo setup.

THe key word here is 2-CELL !!! (2 cells in series (hence the "2S" in the vendors battery description) each worth 3.7V > 2 x 3.7 = 7.4Vdc)

Its actually less voltage then a fully charged stock battery, but my guess is Mr. Titanium ZX's 1200mAh pack weighs significantly less then the original NiMh pack and pumps out current longer at 7.4V volts.

Smart move on his behalf. He understands the old power-to-weight ratio game quite well. The NiMh pack pumps out about 8.4 fully charged then falls on its face the minute you apply full throttle. After a two minute flight the NiMh pack is already down to abour 7.2 volts and losing energy fast.

The only modification I had to do when I went with LiPo power was to rebalance the CG of the heli to compensate for the redistribution of the weight of the battery pack. It was as simple as sliding the battery pack holder back and forth until the heli sat level when held by the flybar.

I am in the process of testing some other battery packs and will probably start selling them online soon. Gotta pay for this hobby somehow.

You new pilots better find yourselves a second job fast as the heli addiction is about to take hold of your rent money !!!!

Sorry Guyz [:@]

Robo
Old 01-10-2007, 08:33 AM

Oh, and to answer another question, I'm still flying on the original Main and Tail rotor motors to date...
Old 01-10-2007, 08:45 AM

i going to order a 7.4v 1000mah pack to use it with my falcon 40 and with my blade cx too

i agree with that second job statement you just said robo, this thing is sucking the money out of my wallet

what ya guys think about double tail motor setting??
Old 01-10-2007, 09:51 AM

thanks for the reviews on the falcon 40 im getting mine now free shipping and 10pct off cant beat it.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:21 AM

im glad our little chit chat here actually helped someone lol
Old 01-10-2007, 11:26 AM

What kind of tuning is exactly done to remove the vibrations??
Old 01-10-2007, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the battery tips boys. I will probably be purchasing a LiPo pack very soon. Are there any recommended companies to buy from regarding price and/or quality? Thanks

Hover
Old 01-10-2007, 05:04 PM

I need help please!!!!!!!!

I just broke my 50H01-14 Rotor Head Core and have been trying to take it apart for like an hour!!! I am trying to be very gentle cuz i don't wanna break any additional parts...

Please can any of you give me a hint??

I attached a pic so you can see what I am talking about!!!!

THanks in advance.

Hugo
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60410.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	595108  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: gueshwe

I just broke my 50H01-14 Rotor Head Core and have been trying to take it apart for like an hour!!! I am trying to be very gentle cuz i don't wanna break any additional parts...

THanks in advance.

Hugo
On each side of the swashplate is a hole. inside those holes are a hex screw that holds down the flybar. you will need to use the hex tool that came with the heli to loosen the screws so you can pull the flybar out.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: gueshwe

THanks in advance.

Hugo
On each side of the swashplate is a hole. inside those holes are a hex screw that holds down the flybar. you will need to use the hex tool that came with the heli to loosen the screws so you can pull the flybar out.
OMG I can't believe I missed those screws!!! Thank you so much!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM

and get some ball link pliers because trust me you will need them in the future and they will make the job a lot easier, nothing better than have the right tool for the job!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:22 PM

I broke my rotor head. Just got most of the parts I ordered from Raidentech (I don't like them anymore. They sent one Walkera servo when I ordered two Falcon stock servos and they didn't include any bearings! [:@] ).

I think I'll get me some stock bearings and some micro Hitech servos from somewhere else... if the cost isn't to high.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 PM

I have a question for all you falcon experts, I have had my falcon for about 2 months and fly almost everyday usually three or four charges each day. i purchased an additional battery pack with the chopper. My question is how long does the original batteries last. I have just recently had some problems where it looses power quickly after only a couple of minutes. It has barely enough power to keep it 1 foot off the floor, if I set it down and let it rest for a minute it has good power again for only another minute. Ihave had it in flight only to see it loosing power and gradually come down then suddenly speed back up and resume lifting all the while the throttle is all the way up. I was wondering if this is a sign the battery packs are going or do I have speed controler problems, (4 in 1 unit)
I have an ICE charger, have been charging the packs at 1.6 amp, discharge to .9 v and up till now the cycle mode has helped to get a little extra air time. They usually peak at around 660-680 mh but the last few charges seems like they don't have the usual power or do I have something else going on ??? Your help is greatly appreciated by this newbie !!!

Thanks in advance
Airshot
Old 01-10-2007, 10:04 PM

ORIGINAL: airshot

I have a question for all you falcon experts, I have had my falcon for about 2 months and fly almost everyday usually three or four charges each day. i purchased an additional battery pack with the chopper. My question is how long does the original batteries last. I have just recently had some problems where it looses power quickly after only a couple of minutes. It has barely enough power to keep it 1 foot off the floor, if I set it down and let it rest for a minute it has good power again for only another minute. Ihave had it in flight only to see it loosing power and gradually come down then suddenly speed back up and resume lifting all the while the throttle is all the way up. I was wondering if this is a sign the battery packs are going or do I have speed controler problems, (4 in 1 unit)
I have an ICE charger, have been charging the packs at 1.6 amp, discharge to .9 v and up till now the cycle mode has helped to get a little extra air time. They usually peak at around 660-680 mh but the last few charges seems like they don't have the usual power or do I have something else going on ??? Your help is greatly appreciated by this newbie !!!

Thanks in advance
Airshot

It does sound like you may want to get some new batteries. That is the typical way batteries start dieing.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:16 AM

This is the battery I have on my Falcon. [link=http://www.raidentech.com/hiqu3e71210c.html]http://www.raidentech.com/hiqu3e71210c.html[/link]

Be sure to pickup a lipo charger if you don't already have one. I use the ESky LiPo charger that came with my Lama 3.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 AM

ORIGINAL: airshot

Thanks in advance
Airshot
I agree with DoomsDay, thats the way my original NiMh pack acted towards the end of its life. I know if you have a problem with the 4-in-1 circuit, the motor will either spin on not spin at all, no varaible speed issues will present themselves.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:59 PM

About my last post; has anyone tried a different brand servo in their Falcon? My old Blade CP servos fit and they are of the same size but they have a rubber thing on top that prevents me from putting them in all the way. I'll check Tower Hobbies. Maybe they have something cheap and durable (and not Walkera).
Old 01-11-2007, 03:17 PM

Lipos....

Keep in mind that lipoly batteries are/can be extremely dangerous. They are wonderful for extending flight time on your plane/heli but make sure that you follow charging instructions to the letter. Do not try to quick charge them, do not drop the 2s packs below 3.0 volts per cell or it will damage the cells.

These batteries are absolutely great, but people just learning to fly should not use them until they are able to control their heli and not crash. A damaged lipoly pack can explode into a huge extremely hot flame that can destroy your heli and possibly cause serious bodily harm to yourself.

Never, and I mean never charge your battery and walk away while its charging. Better yet, if you can get a fire proof safe to put them in while charging and for storing, you will be much better off. These things are extremely dangerous and require your full attention and respect.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:21 PM

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

I broke my rotor head. Just got most of the parts I ordered from Raidentech (I don't like them anymore. They sent one Walkera servo when I ordered two Falcon stock servos and they didn't include any bearings! [:@] ).

I think I'll get me some stock bearings and some micro Hitech servos from somewhere else... if the cost isn't to high.
I received my rotor head core and flybar last night. To my surprise, the rotor head core does not come with the bearings. I mean what the hell? they are required to hold the rotors on and should be part of that package. Luckily for me I still had the bearings from my old rotor head core.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:10 PM
My Feedback: (3)

My falcon Is oming on monday from Xheli.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:13 PM

Thanks to all for the battery info...I did order another 7 cell nimh from raidentech to tryout. I am giving serious thought to the lipo, my ICE charger will handle that with no problem.. Having done a little more research i may have over done the std battery packs by charging them to quickly. Many other threads suggest a 1 amp or less charge rate and I have been using 1.6 - 1.8 amps. I have not had any serious crashes and now to the point where I can easily hover the whole pack time....until now. it figures, just when I get the hang of things something goes haywire !!! Thanks again for the help..............

Airshot

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.