Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 06-11-2007, 01:52 PM
hookedonheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Does anyone have any close up pics of the linkage and servo setup on the Falcon 40? I installed the CNC head on my F40 the other day and had to go out before I had a chance to finish reconnecting the linkage. Anyhoo, while I was out my 4 year old nephew deceided he would finish the job for me
Amazingly nothing was broken but I'm sitting here with a bunch of parts (don't think anything is missing). Any help would be great.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Luv2Flyallday

Actually i can give you a pic here in a moment. I have to go to the doctor but give me about 2hrs and it'll show up.(live in texas and its 2:12 PM CST)
Old 06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
hookedonheli

Luv2Flyallday,
Great! Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to the pic and getting back to flying.

Thanks again!
Old 06-11-2007, 03:30 PM
kevzdp

can anyone tell me why my heli goes left on take off...the trim knob is all the way to the right...iam new to this so any help would be great...also i read a earlier post about switching to hs-55 servos do they just plug into the 4in1?...stock servo has 2 wire hs 55 has 3 thanks guys hope to get this thing flying good soon
Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: kevzdp

can anyone tell me why my heli goes left on take off...the trim knob is all the way to the right...iam new to this so any help would be great...also i read a earlier post about switching to hs-55 servos do they just plug into the 4in1?...stock servo has 2 wire hs 55 has 3 thanks guys hope to get this thing flying good soon
check the controls to see if they are responding the right way, ie fwd is fwd back is back ect. If not you'll need to reverse the servo's.
Old 06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: robotronski

Actually been out of town on vacation. Had a great time in Navarre beach Florida. Got to play in the ocean, snorkel in clear water, and eat lots of fresh seafood. While not doing any of those items I'd look out from the 14th floor balcony at all kinds of wackos flying all types of full sized aircraft. I saw lots of Ag-planes (crop dusters) towing these huge message banners, sort of like flying billboards. Man those things must be a ton of drag to overcome. You could hear the engines laboring and could even hear the air rushing through the sign itself as it was being towed. I even saw some nut with what looked like a small inflatable zodiac type boat flown by 2-stroke powered hang glider rig. The guy buzzed the beach then climbed out steeper than I would imagine such a rig could do. I was like, "Man, he's gonna stall for sure !!!!" Top speed looked to be about 25mph.
I even wondered if it was possible to toss a model heli off the 14th floor balcony with the rotor NOT spinning, then hit the throttle, level her off and fly back to and land on the balcony. Sure would be a neat trick, but practicing could get expensive. I think I'll pass on that one...

Well, I will probably be liquidating my inventory of Falcon 40's soon. Put my very 1st heli back into flying condition (Walkera 22E) and its already met the reserve price on eBay and it will be gone soon. I flew it one last time and had it dialed in quite well I must admit. I bought it on eBay and will sell it on eBay. Truth is, I'm in love with my Trex as its a great heli for me. Please, don't take this as bragging, but I flew it last week in wind that would gust to 25mph with absolutely no problem at all. Landing wasn't even difficult either. Scariest part was taking off as I had no idea what to expect once it was airborne. You all know how sensitive the poor little fixed pitch Falcons are to wind. There are many times I couldn't fly the Falcon 40 due to a light breeze being present. I still say however that the Falcon was an excellent trainer for me though as I would not be flying at my current skill level without all those hours I logged on my trusty Falcon 40.

Since the move I need to thin out the fleet and make some space for building some R/C airplane kits I've been putting off for way too long. I'm about 1/2 through a Hobby Lobby Senior Telemaster that will be electric powered. The wing on that thing is GIGANTIC. I've flown a glow powered one and had a great time with it too. Landings with the Telemaster were the most fun I've had with any model to date.

Well, I'm back home, and will try to keep up with my "Pals" here at the Falcon 40 thread as usual. I hope all of you are doing well and having fun flying.

Robo
ooo, that sounds like alot of fun =) I was wondering where you went, it seems like you fell off the edge of the planet =P

That's kinda weird to have a boat looking thing attached to a hanglider, but I guess you're near the water, which makes it so you can land on the water. I bet that would have been a site to see =P
I'm glad that you've got your choppers back together. That should get you back atleast a decent amount of money to fuel other parts for your Trex or other hobbies like that plane you were talking about =)

it's good to see you back =)
Old 06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
kevzdp

i have checked to make sure that was correct...other ideas please...as this thing is unflyable the way it is...thanks guys[]
Old 06-11-2007, 06:45 PM
mrasmm

i have checked to make sure that was correct...other ideas please...as this thing is unflyable the way it is...thanks guys[]

so I am guessing that it was all correct... you never really said...
anyways now check to see that your swash is level.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
kevzdp

well i can tell you that when i move the tail stick to the right the tail goes left and visversa...i just put in hs-55 servos also...i will check the washplate and get back to you...thank you mrasmm
Old 06-11-2007, 08:11 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

anyways now check to see that your swash is level.
I'll second that, sometimes the servo arms are not set right at the factory and the swash plate is drastically tilted to one side.

I'll try to help, so right now I'm looking at both my Falcon 40 servos (original servos).

With my radio on and the trims knobs on the Tx at or close to mid-point, both servo arms are perfectly level with my kitchen table. If yours aren't, you may need to remove the small screw that attaches the servo arm to the servo drive shaft and move the arm one notch in the desired direction. The servo arms are inserted onto a servo shaft that is "Splined" and it could be off by a notch or two. Just depends on who set yours up at the factory. Some of my Falcon 40's flew great out of the box, others needed a lot of adjustment, I guess thats how I learned a bit about these little helis...

Hope this helps...

Robo
Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 PM
mrasmm

well i can tell you that when i move the tail stick to the right the tail goes left and visversa...i just put in hs-55 servos also...i will check the washplate and get back to you...thank you mrasmm
you're welcome

I was thinking for some reason that you had put the hs55's in =P

anyways, you'll have to get robo's feeback for sure, but the hs55's turn backwards of alot of servo's. You might just need to reverse your channels.

When you spool the heli up, does stick left make the heli go right? stick forward make the heli go back? If so it's probably because the hs55's turn backwards of the stock servo's and you'll need to reverse the channels. Robo is the man that knows all about that and which dips you'll need to change =)
Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 PM
kevzdp

ok this is what i got going...i put in hs55 thought maybe i needed more power...the servo arms are level with table but the swashplate is off a little...i can adjust the trims to make it level but then iam out of trim...as far as the servos being reversed...when i move the tail stick to the right the tail moves left and visversa...when i move the stick to move forward the heli goes backward...sorry to be a pain in the ***** but would like to get in to the heli action.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:42 PM
Luv2Flyallday

Heys guys, My helis can in last wed. just like he said they would. There was a few stuff broken, as expected so i fixed them. I put new main bearings on, new flybar(when i ordered all the parts for xheli, they switched the flybar with a tail gear and shaft set and i called and there sending the right part now overnight) which came off the gws dragonfly i also bought in the 110$ deal, new paddles, new main head with the short connectors(the head which connects the main blades to the flybar with the short connectors) and that was it!!

Just put on all the parts earlyer today and guys what? I flew it!! man she flys b-e-a-utifuf!! (also, when i put the flybar on, i didnt put on the "weights" because i couldn't fit em on and i didn't want them on) I can honestly say, i hovered the bird around, flew ff and have never flown a chopper in my life! (does g3.5 coun't! LMAO lol) minus g3 of course. I luv it

one of the questions i have now is about the chargers. I got 3 batts in the deal and have 2 chargers. On the bottom is 2 holes with leds. When there is no batt, the lights are green and red, when a dead batt is pluged in both are red. doe they turn greed when done? or is there a certain time to take off before they cook>?
Old 06-11-2007, 10:33 PM
mrasmm

ok this is what i got going...i put in hs55 thought maybe i needed more power...the servo arms are level with table but the swashplate is off a little...i can adjust the trims to make it level but then iam out of trim...as far as the servos being reversed...when i move the tail stick to the right the tail moves left and visversa...when i move the stick to move forward the heli goes backward...sorry to be a pain in the ***** but would like to get in to the heli action.
yeah, when I was talking I ment roll right and roll left. You're tx needs to be reversed on the two servo channels. I'm not sure which ones those are, but robo should know. Just as a double check verify that when you stick roll right, the heli rolls left.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Luv2Flyallday

Hey guys, does anyone have an idea of why i don't get good reception?

I think i do.... Is it because the antenna wire is wrapped around the boom in a spiral? I flew it today and it took off on my by it self....
It glitches alot too. any ideas?
Old 06-12-2007, 12:50 PM
hookedonheli

Does anyone have any close up pics of the linkage and servo setup on the Falcon 40? I installed the CNC head on my F40 the other day and had to go out before I had a chance to finish reconnecting the linkage. Anyhoo, while I was out my 4 year old nephew deceided he would finish the job for me.
Amazingly nothing was broken but I'm sitting here with a bunch of parts (don't think anything is missing). Any help would be great.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:26 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: hookedonheli

Anyhoo, while I was out my 4 year old nephew deceided he would finish the job for me.
So, can I hire him to finish all my R/C projects I got laying around????

I promise I'll have him back home in time for 1st grade!!!!

How is he at mono-koting large balsa built-up wings ????

Kids sounds like he's got great self motivation.

Thats a rare quality today...

Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: Luv2Flyallday

I think i do.... Is it because the antenna wire is wrapped around the boom in a spiral? I flew it today and it took off on my by it self....
An easy way to find the best antenna setup is to do a range test. For SAFETY reasons, though, why not unplug the
motor connector to the main motor 1st ort at least remove the rotor blades.

Now try a different approach to routing the antenna (What was wrong with the original setup with it coiled around the landing gear if I may ask???)

With the heli powered up and the Tx turned on (antenna should be retracted / NOT extended for the test) walk backward from the heli as you manipulate a control (left right cyclic for example). A helper here can really make this easier too. Have the helper move his arms the same as the swashplate moves for example. When you back up to a point where the heli does not respond to the transmitter signal, mark that spot where you are standing when control was lost. Now go back and re-do the antenna setup. Get creative, try something different but NEVER cut or shorten the length of the antenna wire. Do the same range test and see if you can get farther away from the heli than the previous spot you marked earlier. Its a pain in the butt process, but you can really see a drastic gain on reception with it. This works for helis/boats/planes etc...

Hope this helps.

Robo
Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
kevzdp

hey robo can you help me with the servo reversing? my heli goes forward when i pull the stick back toward me? thanks
Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: Luv2Flyallday

follow robo's advice =)

the reason it is not working is because the boom is made of CF which is electrically conductive, and so it also conducts EMF and guess what? The power to the tail motor goes through the CF tube =)

hehe, anyways, just take it off the CF tube and you'll be fine. It's all just part of the learning curve. Believe it or not, I wrapped my ant around the boom once also when I changed out the skids so I wouldn't have to keep moving the ant around. Bad idea =P
Old 06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
hookedonheli

ORIGINAL: robotronski

Anyhoo, while I was out my 4 year old nephew deceided he would finish the job for me.
So, can I hire him to finish all my R/C projects I got laying around????

I promise I'll have him back home in time for 1st grade!!!!

How is he at mono-koting large balsa built-up wings ????

Kids sounds like he's got great self motivation.

Thats a rare quality today...

The kid definetly has some mechanical aptutide. Once while I was replacing the water pump on my car I heard a clicking sound coming from the front of the car. There he was with a rachet in hand attemping to take the lugs off my front wheel! If I could only get him to put the things he takes apart back together again

Old 06-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Rdrunner

Does anyone have any close up pics of the linkage and servo setup on the Falcon 40? I installed the CNC head on my F40 the other day and had to go out before I had a chance to finish reconnecting the linkage. Anyhoo, while I was out my 4 year old nephew deceided he would finish the job for me.

Here is some

http://www.islandhobbies.us/Graphics...lh1100-cp2.jpg
http://rcnieuws.web-log.nl/photos/un...dyhu300a_1.jpg
http://site.raidentech.net/4b.jpg
http://www.centuryheli.com/support/m...FP-Parts_d.gif
http://www.heli-fever.com/images/fp2_photo/fp2part3.jpg
Old 06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
hookedonheli

Thanks for the links Rdrunner.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Rdrunner

Thanks for the links Rdrunner.

You're welcome [8D]
Old 06-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Luv2Flyallday

sorry about not posting the pics, my camera wont take a closeup without being blurry... o well. Looks like you found what your looking for.
Flew my falcon today only thing is, i don't know where the gyro gain screw is or the mixing screw.(well i know where on is but don't know which one it is.

I was having problems with recepciont and it used to glitch when i first flew it. I rerouted the antenna around the landing gear and have had no trouble so far. Hope this works for me. How do i adjust the mixer any the gyro gain? I have an idea but am not fully confiden't in it.lol.

I'm buying a t-rex with standered mixing with a 430 motor, Lots! of aluminum upgrades, full bearings, TONS! of spare parts from my buddy at the field for only........ 150$
Is this a steal or what? He told me to buy some hs-65's and put them in it all the way around but im thinking of buying 3 hs-65's and buying 1 hs-50 for the tail.

anyway, good luck to you fellow Falcon flyers and happy landings!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.