Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
MikeSW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Thanks all for the submersible support. Everything is working and I'm airborne again.
As for the FCC. Don't worry I'm expecting them now, thanks for the warning. Got the place sandbagged and boarded up. Hope they use the front []

-- Luv2Flyallday --

I originally wrapped the antenna down the boom also. Saw it on [link=http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/walkera-dragonfly-4-rc-helicopter.html]R/C Airplane World (Dragonfly4 page)[/link] some good information there so I figured why not. Managed to break the wire somehow. Changed it back to around the landing skid now.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:55 PM
mario40

Guys, can anyone help me. I was flying my falcon and all of a sudden it took off to the left and crashed. After I gatherd it back up nothing looked damaged, so I started it back up and noticed the servos was twitching. When I move the stick to left and right it moves back and forth with some twitching, but when I move the stick foward and reverse it doesn't move but causes it to twitch the on the left and right side. I have also noticed that the light on the 4n1 is flashing real fast and not like the normal way it does. Could it be the 4n1 reciever is bad.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Luv2Flyallday

If the 4 in 1 is flashing rappidly, the gyro has not initialized. Try pluging the battery in and not moving the heli until the rappid flash slows to slow blink.

Try that.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:56 PM
mario40

Tried that didn't work, let it sit awhile and the servos just keep twitching up and down on the left and right side and no response on the servo in foward and reverse.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:58 PM
mario40

I think I'am just going to order another heli and use the other one for spare parts. Have had alot of crashes with this one. maybe one too many.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 PM
robotronski

ORIGINAL: Luv2Flyallday

He told me to buy some hs-65's and put them in it all the way around but im thinking of buying 3 hs-65's and buying 1 hs-50 for the tail.
get the HS-65 MG servos qty =3 for the 120 degree CCPM swash control

(mg = metal gears internally, supposed to do well in crashes so I've heard)

Yeah, once you get your hans on a nice Trex, you'll be entering a whole new type of model heli realm for sure.

Wait till you fly it on a windy day, you'll be impressed.

Sounds like you got a killer deal to.

Hope you're good at radio programming !!!!

(gee, I wonder why he said that ...???? )

Robo

Old 06-14-2007, 07:00 AM
boyrazalo

There is no need to buy; for replacement use any plastic tube like i.v. tubes from hospitals or a small hose that you find in hardware stores. You can even use the rubber of electric current wires.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Riggerbill

I t
Old 06-14-2007, 05:06 PM
boyrazalo

I had plenty of hard landings and crashes that did all kind of damage to my landing skids. I used varieties of epoxy but still the one or two of the landing struts separate from either the landing skid or from the frame. When I used HOT GLUE the joints made no longer separated. In effect, because of disjointing after landings/crashes, all 8 of struts joining to frame and landing skids have been "hot glued" and I no longer have landing skid disjointing or separating.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:17 PM
boyrazalo

The falcon manual does not have an explided view of the heli. BUT the exploded view of the other look-alike FP helicopters like the Sabre, the Honeybee, walkera for instance, is the same. So if you can avail of these in the internet, you can use them as well.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
boyrazalo

The exploded view of the other FP helicopters are basically the same. You can refer to these.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:26 PM
boyrazalo

I also have a newly arrived Falcon 40 with the same problem as yours have. Let us ask the experienced pilots flying falcon 40. I believe this is caused by too much rpm of the tail motor which over correct the torque of the main rotor and this can be corrected only by means of trim pot in the receiver,

By the way, I tried looking for a Proportion Trim Pot in the receiver; there is only 1 I found. Is it a trim pot or a gain pot. If it is a Trim Pot, does a turn to the left makes the nose trim to the left as well?
Old 06-14-2007, 05:32 PM
boyrazalo

ORIGINAL: DoomsDay

How fast is it spinning? Can you counter it with giving opposite rudder? It is possible you may need to turn the gain up on the gyro a little bit.
DoomsDay, where is this gyro gain located in the receiver? I only found 1 slot there which is above the blinking LED. Is it a gain pot or a proportion pot. If it is effective in correcting the yaw, how many degree turn should be made?

Old 06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
boyrazalo

Hello Makatron. May I ask if this ball link plier available in the hardware stores? Or where can we order these helicopter tools? Thanks.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:19 PM
joeyhatch11

I havent flown my Falcon in months. The last time i flew it, it was acting really funny. I would go to lift off and move the controller all the way up and i would get nothing out of the heli. Then all of a sudden the tail would go crazy and what not. I'm thinking that the 4-1 is shot. Does that sound about right? Can someone please tell me what kind of new receiver i need to replace the crappy one that came with this bird? also maybe some new motors if need be. Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: joeyhatch11

I havent flown my Falcon in months. The last time i flew it, it was acting really funny. I would go to lift off and move the controller all the way up and i would get nothing out of the heli. Then all of a sudden the tail would go crazy and what not. I'm thinking that the 4-1 is shot. Does that sound about right? Can someone please tell me what kind of new receiver i need to replace the crappy one that came with this bird? also maybe some new motors if need be. Thanks

I dunno what you mean by crazy, but you could jsut need a tail motor, or you could have some kind of RF problems.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:26 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: boyrazalo

I also have a newly arrived Falcon 40 with the same problem as yours have. Let us ask the experienced pilots flying falcon 40. I believe this is caused by too much rpm of the tail motor which over correct the torque of the main rotor and this can be corrected only by means of trim pot in the receiver,

By the way, I tried looking for a Proportion Trim Pot in the receiver; there is only 1 I found. Is it a trim pot or a gain pot. If it is a Trim Pot, does a turn to the left makes the nose trim to the left as well?

it basically is an extended trim control on the tail motor, so it controls if the tail stays still or drifts to the right or to the left. No gyro sensativity on this heli.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:28 AM
Rdrunner

Any of you guys have an old 4in1 with a burnt out tail or main motor mosfet, I believe I burnt out my servo IC, found out with some help with a couple of good friends, [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=wink_smile.gif] Thanks guys.

Wiiling to pay shipping or a little extra if required. please PM me

Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 05:29 AM
joeyhatch11

I need a replacement receiver but dont know which one to get. I shop a lot on Towers web site so if someone could hook me up as far as which one to go with that would be super.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:12 AM
boyrazalo

Ridgy, you can lengthen the wires of the 4 in 1 that connects to the battery. Get a similar size wire cut about 1 1/2 inch. Cut 4 in 1 positive and negative wires. Solder one end of extra wire to terminal wire end of the positive wire and the other to the positive 4 in 1 wire end. Insulate by means of electical tape. Then do the same to the negative wire. If you can not do the soldering, then bring it to an electronic shop for extension work.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:58 AM
robotronski

I need a replacement receiver but dont know which one to get.
Are you talking about a radio receiver only?

I ask because the Falcon 40 4-in-1 unit (some call it the receiver since thats where the antenna wire leads to) does more than just drive the 2 servos on the swash.

Unless you go for a discrete setup with separate Rx, gyro, BEC, Motor controller you'll need to replace yours with the exact same unit.

I hope this clears things up.

Robo
Old 06-15-2007, 10:45 AM
boyrazalo

mrassmm, may Iask if a diode could be used instead of a fuse to prevent the burning of the 4 in 1 due to sudden stop of the rotation of the motors during a crash? After all, the diode is a one way current thing so it prevents feedback current from a stalled motor to the receiver.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:21 PM
mrasmm

ORIGINAL: robotronski

I need a replacement receiver but dont know which one to get.
Are you talking about a radio receiver only?

I ask because the Falcon 40 4-in-1 unit (some call it the receiver since thats where the antenna wire leads to) does more than just drive the 2 servos on the swash.

Unless you go for a discrete setup with separate Rx, gyro, BEC, Motor controller you'll need to replace yours with the exact same unit.

I hope this clears things up.

Robo

he's looking for the lm324 quad amp package. Most likely used for signal amplification or something is my guess anyways =)
Old 06-15-2007, 06:24 PM
mrasmm

mrassmm, may Iask if a diode could be used instead of a fuse to prevent the burning of the 4 in 1 due to sudden stop of the rotation of the motors during a crash? After all, the diode is a one way current thing so it prevents feedback current from a stalled motor to the receiver.

The diode is good for a volt drop, but not really a protection to the 4 in 1, well I guess it could be. If you get a 3A diode, then it will protect the 4 in 1 if it burns out before the 4 in 1 does =) that may or may not happen though because they don't have precise failure rates like the fuses do =)

The main thing a diode is used for is dropping the voltage to the tail motor to make it last longer. It does make the esc part of the 4 in 1 work harder, but with a diode it should be able to do the extra work ok. With a resistor though, it might be too much work for the 4 in 1 to handle.

hopefully that answers your q.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:00 PM
robotronski

Why not use a fuse as it will do a better job then a diode, or even simpler, just chop the throttle when you are about to dig it in...

And. its not feedback (inductive) current that trashes the Mosfet IC, instead its the huge amount of forward current that is produced in any DC motor in a locked armature state.

Its all about motor loading I guess, and when the rotor blades cant spin, the poor little motor assumes its a heavy load and tries to draw more current to overcome the loss of RPM. Unfortunately, the limit on a stock 4-in-1 Mosfet IC is about 11 amps and the motor can draw significantly more than that, which is what causes the IC to overheat and go "Volcano" on you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.