Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

To any one:
I have two transmittere to sell.One walera 4 and one Falcon 40. Any one interested PM me
Rigger Bill
Old 08-26-2007, 06:55 PM

Hey Guys,
I want to get into helicopters and was originally looking at the falcon 3d. I stumbled upon this thread and I am now wanting to order the Falcon 40. I am thinking I should order an extra battery. Is it a pain to switch betweetn the two batteries? How long does it take to charge the stock battery? I downloaded real flight 3.5 and I am not too bad, I hope it helps in real flight. I have spent several hours reading this forum and the falcon 40 seems the way to go. I plan on ordering training skids as well. Any other suggestions for a newbie?

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 08-26-2007, 07:57 PM

Welcome Agador, the battery packs are easy to change in and out on the Falcon. A stock pack will last around 8 - 12 minutes. They take about 1 1/2 hours charge with the stock charger. The time you spend on the sim and reading this forum is time well spent and will pay off. If you would like to order spare parts look at post 1351 and 1352 for some of the most common needed parts. The only other advice I can offer at this point is check out Radd's Flight school (manual with all kinds of good info and flight lessons). There is a post on here with directions of how to get to it on the web, just use the thread search at the bottom of the page and type in RADD's. Welcome aboard.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:37 PM

Agador, check out post 1222 for the link to Radd's Flight school.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Bones27

MiniCwik, this is the LiPo and charger that I use (Thanks Robo for the recommendation in post 1369) http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=986 and http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp...ROD&ProdID=478. I will look for the link to the metal rotor head core and also the information for converting to the GWS rotor core (which I use) as soon as I can dig up all the information I will post it for you.
Bones (or anyone else) does this battery come with the necessary connector to connect right up in the heli? Does the charger have connections to charge the battery as well? Or will I need to make modifications?

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2007, 09:19 AM

Hey MiniCwik, I used this battery that comes with connectors. but they are currently out of stock, try Google search. And here is the charger I have been using, Heli-fever has it cheaper I believe. No mods needed
Old 08-27-2007, 09:25 AM

Rdrunner, thanks ... on that charger, did it come with the A/C adapter? I ask because I have seen those listed without the A/C adapter.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: MiniCwik

Rdrunner, thanks ... on that charger, did it come with the A/C adapter? I ask because I have seen those listed without the A/C adapter.

You're welcome MiniCwik, and yes it did come with an adapter from Heli-Fever ( atleast on the one I bought )
Old 08-27-2007, 11:18 AM

Cool, I can hope for the same luck.

What kind of fly times are you seeing with the new Li-Po?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: MiniCwik

Does anyone know what type of connector I would need to pickup in order to do so?

Thank you!
The included trainer cable has a DB-9 serial type plug to connect to your PC inputs. You'll need to do some research on getting the ????DRIVERS???? to run under windows so the computer will recognize the R/C controller via the correct port.

Some folks are using a program called PPJOY ( search for PPJOY and you'll see what I mean) as it provides for parallel port joystick control.

Honestly, I tried the free sim software using keyboard keys for a quick intro and it was a low budget looking sim, so I passed on the prospect of hooking up my transmitter. I ended up using an older version (G2) of the real flight simulator with good results.

Sorry I can't help you but there are a lot of pilots at the Walkera DF4 thread here at RCU that have successfully installed and used the free simulator setup for their heli training.

Hope this helps,
Robo
Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks robotronski ... I have gotten a copy of RealFlight and wanted to use the DB-9 cable to connect my Exceed transmitter to my PC and use PPJOY or I think there is another application that will do it as well, to configure the controller. It'll cost me $7 for the connection cable or I could buy a USB version with software for $19.99 and just use the transmitter from that?

I'm hoping to order my LiPo stuff today, I need a battery with a JST connector to connect in the heli and I need a charger with a JST connector to charge the battery. Does anyone have a link to a working combo? I do not want to deal with alligator clips, etc.

I understand I can get a battery that has both JST and Balance connectors and then I just need a charger with a Balance connector to charge it.

Thanks!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Hey guys, old Bones got lucky last knight (put those dirty minds to rest fellows), I bought a Falcon 40 on Ebay for $10.50. Seller says it was only flown 3 times. He removed the tail boom for another heli, but other than that it is supposed to be complete with everything that comes with a new one. I'll let you know how it turns out when I recieve it.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Bones27

Hey guys, old Bones got lucky last knight (put those dirty minds to rest fellows), I bought a Falcon 40 on Ebay for $10.50. Seller says it was only flown 3 times. He removed the tail boom for another heli, but other than that it is supposed to be complete with everything that comes with a new one. I'll let you know how it turns out when I recieve it.

Lol , Good one Bones, I believe our minds were not set somewhere else, good buy btw. Congrats
Old 08-27-2007, 08:36 PM

Bones,
Thanks for the info. I printed out Radd's flight training and I am reading through it. Should have my heli on Friday. I can't wait. It's good being a 37 year old kid.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:13 PM

I got the Falcon 40 with superskids and the lipos should be in the mail and its great. Now the real question yes and I know it is the wrong thread, but what Trex 450 do I have to save up for, which is the best bang for the buck or, which is the best platform to build on through upgrades?? And what are all those different types.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 AM

ORIGINAL: zayzay1

I got the Falcon 40 with superskids and the lipos should be in the mail and its great. Now the real question yes and I know it is the wrong thread, but what Trex 450 do I have to save up for, which is the best bang for the buck or, which is the best platform to build on through upgrades?? And what are all those different types.

The Trex 450 Se is supposed to be the best out of the whole batch, here is a nice article or you could save up for the HDX 300 SE, HDX 450 and or HDX 500 which is currently sold out []
Old 08-28-2007, 04:27 AM

Agador, yout welcome. I agree with the kid statement. I am a 42 year old kid. What's nice about it is now I have the money for all the cool stuff that I didn't have when I was in my teens. Friday is a great day to get a delivery, it's the last day of the work week so you have all weekend to fly! Good luck and happy hovering
Old 08-28-2007, 08:45 AM

and how about the V2
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: zayzay1

and how about the V2

I believe that the V2 is the SE version, you might like this package RTF
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM

thx looks great now to save up and hope for a similair auction without the transmitter....
Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM

Where are the guides located? I tried to search but I could not come up with anything.

I received my Falcon and finally got it out of the box last night and boy do I need to read some guides and do some simming (ordered ESky w/ FSM but have other sims on hand).

I noticed during spin up that the heli was shaking a bit, but read that is normal and think that my rudders weren't aligned quite right but have fixed that. I have super skids, Li-Po battery, eSky sim controller all on order.
Old 08-28-2007, 04:04 PM

MiniCwik, if by guides you mean Radd's Flight training, here is the link: http://www.dream-models.com/eco/pre-Flight.html If there is another guide you are think of, give me a few details and I'll see what I can find.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:13 PM

I can't add to whatever the current discussion is about, but I'd just like to say, I still fly my Falcon! I have no idea how long its been since I've had a heli question. The Falcon is great! It's been so good to me, I haven't needed this thread for help or advice! Don't get me wrong, you guys are great but my Falcon is just so durable and fulfilling! I'm glad I found this forum Nov. 2006. I've had my Falcon since Dec. 2006. Kudos to all, and Exceed (even though I suspect the electronics are really Walkera in disguise)!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:31 PM

Does anyone know the size of the bearings in the rotor head? Mine came with only one and I need to get one more.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 PM

minicwik.. sorry i have no idea but I almost lost one when I was just walking my falcon outside to go flying and i just plugged the battery in and turned the tx on and my arm hit the throttle and it went flying out of my hand and into the ground.. the bearing went flying but i FOUND IT and popped it back in and all was perfect when i reflew it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.