Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Mikado Logo10 3d Set-Up Help

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Mikado Logo10 3d Set-Up Help

Old 01-07-2007, 07:11 PM
Fitz21
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mikado Logo10 3d Set-Up Help

My logo needs some help. Im getting around 5-6 minutes of hovering time and the motor is running about 160-165 degrees F. The heli is set up exactly how rotary magazine reviewed the bird. Here it is: Hacker C50-13L motor, Master 48-0-heli controller, 14 tooth pinion, 4s4p 8ooomah thunder power battery. Head rpm is 1575. I am thinking the head speed is too low causing too much current draw, causing too much heat. This head speed is basically where Rotary Magazine stated was ok. The bird is struggling. One thing to note was the fact that last year, the esc smoked and hacker replaced it under warranty and also checked the motor to make sure the motor wasnt the cause. I ran the excel spreadsheet specifically designed for the logo heli (http://www.desquared.org/download/Lo...ation%20V3.xls) and it computed head speed should be aroound 1788 as shown below.

Motor Wind 13
Motor RPM/V 2031
Motor RPM 25550

Pinion 14
Ratio 14.29
Head speed 1788

what am i missing? Pitch curves are -2 to 11, idle up is set to 96%. I have all the radio paramaters written down and my basic setup is fine for all my other helis. Radio is Futaba T6hsx. Any help surely would be appreciated.