Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

How does a Blade CP Pro compare to a T-rex?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does a Blade CP Pro compare to a T-rex?

I really want a T-rex, but when you factor in a radio system and gyro, it gets pretty expensive. The cheapest I've found an SE with a battery, motor, and ESC is $400. The gyro/radio gear is at least another $400. On the other hand, the Blade CP Pro is totally RTF and only costs $230 or so. Is the difference between the two that severe? I'm a beginner in helicopters, but not R/C.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 PM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: How does a Blade CP Pro compare to a T-rex?

The difference is about as drastic as eating a rump roast versus eating fillet mignon.

Draw your own conclusions from that.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
Raylon

I'd say it's like going from a Blade CP to a T-Rex!!! Oh wait that is what we're comparing...Yea it's like comparing a 15in CRT monitor to a 22in LCD monitor. No comparison.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:27 PM
breakin2
My Feedback: (1)

That's all I needed to know. Thanks!
I guess I'll start saving now...
Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 PM
///mpower

I have a Blade CP Pro with a heading hold gyro and twin motor tail...and just ordered a DD tail motor, speed control and some fins and mounting hardware in hopes of making it like a T-Rex. Anwways, when I get all the parts in and assembled, I'm letting my buddy (has a T-Rex 450SE) fly it and compare the two. Otherwise, a stock Blade CPP is not too amazing...just nice to learn on.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:39 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

they don't
Old 02-23-2007, 10:11 PM
PsychoPilot145

This raises another question. I am a noobie. I am learning on a Lama right now, but hope to upgrade in a few months.

I have a friend telling me to just bite the bullet and get the t-rex AFTER I learn what I am doing, and am comfortable on the Lama. I have another friend telling me to go with a Blade CP as an interim step before getting the rex. Sooner or later, I HAVE to have a t-rex. [>:]

I know that I am going to crash anyway... So I am leaning on just getting the t rex, and doing it right. The $300 for a well equipped CP would be a nice chunk of funding for the rex. I am going to wreck and have to buy parts for either... Would the T-rex just be too much to handle?
Old 02-23-2007, 11:01 PM
ct420

skip the Blade CP. You'll be glad you did
Old 02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Missileman

I have both the blade CP Pro and T-Rex.
The Blade is quite a bit more squirrely than the Rex but since it is harder to fly, IMO, will make you a better pilot.
My T-Rex's on the other hand are a pure joy to fly.
Guess that didn't help much
Old 02-25-2007, 09:56 AM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

If you get a cp pro, by time you get the parts in it that will let you fly around and do aerobatics w/o crashing, you could have gotten a rex. Brushless motor/controler, hh gyro, real radio.........
http://www.rcandme.com/catalog/produ...0274bcefe2430b
....this is the cheapest way to get a rex. Not the se but, your a long way from using an se anyway. No sense in bending up all that nice alum.

dk
Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
PsychoPilot145

ORIGINAL: da king

If you get a cp pro, by time you get the parts in it that will let you fly around and do aerobatics w/o crashing, you could have gotten a rex. Brushless motor/controler, hh gyro, real radio.........dk
THANKS!

I have been reading different threads on this subject all weekend, and you have just about summed everything up. This is what I am going to do.

I now have the nose in under control, and am going to work on the side hovers this next week. Thursday is payday, so I am going to the hobby shop and buy a simulator. I'm not going to go buy the rex until I have a good feel for the simulator. Hopefully by late spring/early summer, I'll at least be able to do basic maneuvers on the rex. I realize the 3d stuff might take a year or two.. Maybe even three.

Now.... If I am going to do this, I am going to do it right. You mentioned bending metal. What are your thoughts on getting a complete carbon fiber bird? I know it will cost more, but if it saves me from buying as many replacement parts, I am thinking the overall cost would be less in the long run.
Old 02-25-2007, 02:14 PM
da king
My Feedback: (5)

Ya, i love the new 450s cf !! Carbon frames (if there in one piece its good) just the alum that count (swash,mixers and head block) and the rest is plastic so its cheap to fix. Not much needed on that machine from what i hear.

The sim will get you in shape fast !! If you can hover around and have control in the sim, your ready to hover the real thing. Just go slow when your on the real bird and you will be fine.

dk