Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Anyone flying the Micron V2?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Anyone flying the Micron V2?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Rello
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone flying the Micron V2?

Hi,

I did a search but did not find anyone flying the Micron.
As the weather is nice - but the wind is too much, I want to have something really small for indoors.
I have the PiccoZ - but this is a toy and no heli

so, anyone?
Old 03-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Dave ESPI

Default RE: Anyone flying the Micron V2?

I was looking at that also.

Saddly RTF is sold out

The first version of it looked a bit too "Under devloped" as a stable flying platform, but this one with the imporvements and added weight flybar for "beginners" should make this much less of a squirely mini bird from what I've read. thena gian, I don't know much about it, and would like to know more also
Old 03-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Rello

I am thinking to get only the mechanics and buy the electronics somewhere else.

I read quite some posts the last days that by optimizing weight, you receive significantly longer flying times.
e.g. look at the servos they sell. for double the money you can get some that are almost have the weight. and I think going for these will pay of compared to changing it anyway afterwards...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Rello

so, my Heli and the separate electronics arrived. Now i can start the battle for grams!

...I will put some pictures online. this thing is soooo small....
Old 03-15-2007, 07:46 PM
makatron

micron v2 isnt a heli for begginers, the smaller you go the harder to fly keep that in mind when you choose a heli, so far im going to buy my raptor 50 but i already have loads of simulator and fixed pitch heli hours under my belt
Old 04-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Schmernst
My Feedback: (2)

I've had a ton of practice with my Hirobo Lama XRB Sky robo (coaxial) its a blast! but i really want a micron.. i hear it is a whole different world flying a fixed pitch.. would it be a bad idea to just dive in and get a v2 and learn to fly it through reading and trial and error in my living room? i learned this way with the lama without too much trouble... sure i did crash at first.. but now i never do.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:21 PM
DriveWRX

Schmernst,
I highly advise against the Micron V2. I know from experience... very difficult to fly. At this size, everything is critical: weight, balance, power, etc. Yes, these are important in bigger helis too, but in the Micron it's magnified significantly!

I got one thinking the same way you are now. Learn as I go. Well, it didn't work that way. No matter what I tried, I could barely get off the ground and even then for only a few seconds at a time. Parts do break easily and they are relatively expensive ($8 ea for a set of main blades and flybar for example! These are just tiny pieces of molded plastic...) Anyway, it was a mistake for me. I'd hate to see someone else make the same $300 mistake.

Don't get me wrong, it's a decent product, but it belongs in the hands of experienced pilots, not beginners!

With all that being said, I didn't give up on mine yet. It's packed away right now in need of repairs. I will break it out one day when I feel I have enough knowledge/experience to set it up right.

How about this heli for an alternative, it's bigger but very good for beginners. It is a different beast than your SkyRobo. A logical "next step".

[link=http://www.bananahobby.com/1185.html]Dragonfly4#1[/link]
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5732885]Review1 by helismith[/link]
[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5742523]Review2 by helismith[/link]

I went from Blade CX2 to a Honey Bee FP (similar to the Dragonfly 4). I'm glad I did!
Consider using a simulator too. I have RealFlight 3.5 Great for learning orientation and basic flying skills. And crashes are free!

Good luck!
-Vince
Old 04-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Rello

I agree.
if you want to learn flying, this heli will not make you happy and the risk of having too much time without success and make this end the hobby is to high ;-)))

mine still is not flying as supposed to. but for me its the challenge to fly the smallest one out there, and not the learning curve...

and I agree with Vince:
the RealFlight was one of the best investments ever...
Old 05-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Kaarlo von Freymann

We are supposed to resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in our posts. I'll try.
I ordered two ready to fly Micron V2 from PRECISIONHELI. The ones I got were both unflyable. One had a servo that did not function, the other one had some defect in the electronics. The sevos started jittering wildly when the motors went on.
It is nothing unusual for RC products to have defects but I must warn you: PRECISIONHELIs customer service is *****.
I sent the helis back 8 weeks ago and have been fighting ever since to get working helis or my money back. PRECISIONHELI keeps sending me sporadical mails promising to fix this "next week". So if you cannot resist ordering MICRON products you better be prepared to part with your money without getting anything for it.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Old 05-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Rello

hmmm
I would phrase it differently:

If you cannot resist ordering the Micron, buy separate electronics!
My setup is including a Berg Receiver and a HH Gyro, is 59grams and if i remember correctly the same price than the RTF from PrecisionHeli.

Ok, you should be very good in small electronics and soldering. but if you are not, this is the wrong toy anyway...
Old 06-17-2007, 11:10 AM
Rello

soooo,
finally, it is finished!

Blue Arrow 2.5 Servos
Blue Arrow 5A ESC
GWS 2A ESC
Berg Receiver
200 mAh custom made Lipo

==> 58g

as the pic upload does not work, you will find them here...
http://www.scherello.de/?id=150