Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

li-po question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

li-po question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM
vito032

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default li-po question

I have a axe cp i know you can buy there li-po battery for them. I use to have a blade cp pro and still have a few batterys from it. i just wanted to know if anyone knew if i could use the e-flite 11.1 800mAh 3-cell in my axe cp thank
Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: li-po question

I would bet they would work fine because the stock battery on the axe cp is 10.8v NiMH, and a lipo starts at 12.6v and goes down to about 9 to 9.6v depending on how you want to drain it. It probably will make your tail motor last a most likely insignificant amount of time less because of the marginally higher voltage.

what's your comparision between the axe cp and the blade cpp?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
W4RCF

You definitely can use it. The optionl battery IS a LiPo (910 mah as I recall) and it will definitely work! Happy Landings!
Old 04-09-2007, 06:28 PM
choppersrule

Vito032,

Yes you can use the E-flite batteries from the Blade series, thing to consider is the connector to the heli. The E-flite batteries have a JST connector and the battery for the Axe CP is a Deans connector... You would have to change the connectors, not hard and inexpensive... See Picture of lipo battery for the Axe..

Dave / Choppersrule
ORIGINAL: vito032

I have a axe cp i know you can buy there li-po battery for them. I use to have a blade cp pro and still have a few batterys from it. i just wanted to know if anyone knew if i could use the e-flite 11.1 800mAh 3-cell in my axe cp thank
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20040.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	660765  
Old 04-10-2007, 12:21 AM
mrasmm

that pic looks like it doesn't have a balancing lead? just a JST lead and a deans lead? is that right?

if that is the case, then you should be able to use it... otherwise do what choppers said =)