Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

warning rc-tek took my money but never delivered

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

warning rc-tek took my money but never delivered

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:31 PM
cmulder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default warning rc-tek took my money but never delivered

I hate to take this public but i want to save others from the same problem
I have all documentation to show for.
I ordered a smj2 complete with servo package, tools and part set for 409 euro ( 522 usd) and payed by paypal on Sep. 14, 2006.
Then the wait started and it never arived.
Becouse of issues i was distracted and only tough about it again early this year.
Scot emailed me that it has been lost in shiping and offered to sell me a new heli at discount, but no full refund or the heli set i payed for.

But as far as i understand it i am not responible for shipping and its a simple issue of not delivering the goods.

I know i have to find out myself wat legal steps i need to take to settle the issue but while i do this i want to warn others to be carefull with ordering from rc-tek

christian
Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 PM
eeeeky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: warning rc-tek took my money but never delivered

sorry to hear about that chris!!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 PM
scott_rc-tek

Please see this thread over at RCG for the real and COMPLETE truth.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673278

Enough said-

Regards,
Scott
RC-TEK Ltd.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:40 AM
bilboa

cmulder, you buy a heli from someone, and then 5 MONTHS LATER you get in touch with them and claim you didn't receive it, and then expect them to send you another one for free? And then when they don't you try to ruin their reputation by posting cr*p about them on multiple forums? Grow up!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:47 AM
mrasmm

sounds to me like this is a bad situation that Scott would have been more than willing to work with if it was within the time frame he could do something about it. Heck he is even trying to do something about it after the fact by saying have one at cost. All of it is really hear say what got delivered and what didn't... or atleast I haven't seen anything one way or the other, but contacting the seller so much time after it was supposedly shipped after they could file a claim or whatever is not really the way to go about it. Sounds to me like this guy is trying to work with you the best he can and stay in business. Sounds like a case closed to me.....

Also by reading this whole deal, I have a quite high impression of this company in the efforts they have put forth. Sounds like the kind of company I would want to do business with..... not stay away from
Old 04-18-2007, 12:05 PM
jez33

its not rc-tek's fault as it sounds to me..

rc-tek seem to have gone beyond the call of duty in helping you. i would in your case complaint to the shipping companies and ask them to search for your package.. 5 months though is a long time to decide to look for it so you might have to except that the shipping company has sold your goods or destroyed them, but im only speculating that fact.
if i were you i would say sorry to rc-tek and ask them to give you as much info about the shipping company as they can..

i hope you find it though
Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
FMB42

Did you have any shipment tracking numbers? Most shippers have a tracking number system that is used to verify shipping.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:37 PM
GaryH-Eugene

ORIGINAL: scott_rc-tek

Please see this thread over at RCG for the real and COMPLETE truth.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673278

Enough said-

Regards,
Scott
RC-TEK Ltd.
Do you know what libel and slander are? I would be willing to bet you could find an attorney, sorry, solicitor..., and make him pay for tarnishing your reputation.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:00 PM
cmulder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone who ants to sue me for slander is free to do so Becouse that is why there is a legal system.
I have taken this matter verry serious and made shure i got the facts rigth and yes that takes time.

Under european law ther the limitation on reporting a crime is years and companies have to keep sales records for atleat 2 years and confirmation of delevery is part of that.
I am not responible for a lacking administation on the side of rc-tek.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:07 PM
blade_killer

My batteries from another vendor is a week overdue, you bet I called to find out where they were, I sure wouldnt wait 5 months, and WHY have something that expencive deliverd to your job???
Old 04-19-2007, 08:19 PM
SpeedSport
My Feedback: (1)

YOu just need too calm it down, and just admit you are a little in the wrong. I've read both forums, this one and the rcgroups, and i am siding with RC-Tec! Scott seems like a nice guy. He must be a great employee, to track you down on rcgroups and stand up to you, keeping you from blattering your side to the web. It takes two sides to make a story. RC-Tek can't help it that your package was delivered to your ex-employer. When you put a shipping address down, thats usually where the package goes. It's not there responsibility to make sure that it gets delivered to you, just where it was suppose to go! If you knew about your helicopter shipping to your ex-employer, why did you not call and tell them to change the address when he/she became your exemployer. Also why wait a half year to call and say i didn't get it. Thats like going to walmart half year later and saying these underwear don't fit! Forgive me if it sounds like i'm telling you off, i'm just trying to convince you to resolve things an easier way!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:23 PM
SpeedSport
My Feedback: (1)

Take the discount while it is still available!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:18 PM
hemi4x4

Why are you doing this? I just wasted 15 minutes of my time time reading all of this!
Old 04-20-2007, 12:57 AM
ClemenTang

What do you want? They got confirmation that the package was delivered to the specified address; some flaws in paperwork? You really need a lawyer for that and even if you could win, it's not like they intend to cheat and we should beware of.

Clement
Old 04-20-2007, 02:33 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think I will lock this one down. It seems that the problem should have been solved. I would contact your old employer and see where it went.