Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hover problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 04:43 PM
DPKII
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hover problem

My CP Hornet is almost flying like I want. No vibrations and the tail is locked.

I am having one problem I can't seem to fix. When the heli. is in hover it will start to hunt up and down like I was changing the pitch of the main blades. It will climb and decend about 6 inches all on its own. Initially I thought this was due to some small inadvertent cyclic inputs by me. I tested this theory by jamming a hard cyclic input and sure enough the heli would drop about 12 inches. I cured this by mixing some throttle in to the cyclic command, but the heli still hunts at hover. Last night I held the heli. in my hand and ran it up to hover rpm. Everything felt good and then suddenly I felt the heli try to jump up and down in my hand. I was not touching the transmitter sticks when it did this and the servos and swashplate were all rock steady. The problem gets worse the higher the head speed is.

Any ideas?

David
Old 02-26-2003, 09:30 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hover problem

The only things I could think of is, do you have any play in the cp linkages? If not, are you positive your motor rpm isn't changing momentarily? If so, may be an esc problem. Lastly, see if you're getting a glitch on your cp servo. Next time you hold it in your hand to test it, try and watch the cp servo for movement when it wants to "jump", if it isn't that then, pay really close attention to see if it's the motor rpm changing. It has to be one of those, if the helicopter is trying to move up or down (with wind out of the equation), either the pitch is changing or the motor rpm is changing.