Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Official HDX-450 Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Official HDX-450 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:18 PM
restinpieces

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HDX-450 Thread

finally got my tx. dx7. i've been waiting endlessly for the dx6i, but they kept moving back the release date. now i'm glad they did, cause it forced me to upgrade. the dx7 is quite impressive. so i can finally finish my hdx450se. i'll post some pics if i ever figure out how.

anyone got any mods you've done to your hdx450se to share with us? washout links-longer flybar-tail belt pully-etc.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 PM
MMatheny

This is a dead thread!! Go over here to get some conversation
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721952
Old 05-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Missileman

ORIGINAL: MMatheny

This is a dead thread!! Go over here to get some conversation
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721952
Thats a shame this thread died.
I don't know if I will read through 112 pages at rcgroups.
I just received a RTF HDX 450. It is the V3 version but already built with cheap electronics and MDX brand 2.4 Ghz radio.
I plan on upgrading the electronics to:
3x hs65 MG
401/s9650
CC Pheonix 45
Not sure which radio I want to use yet. Either my Futaba 6exh or an Airtronics RD6000.
Since it was suppose to be ready to fly as is I decided to give it a spin. I looked the heli over and everything was in place and tight.
I spooled up and it wobbled all over.
I found the flybar was slightly off center and the included carbon blades were out of balance. I corrected these problems and tried again.
Nice smooth spool up and she went into a hover at 3/4 throttle.
I have had 2 T-Rex' and so far I think this HDX is on par with them if not slightly better.
Look out Align, you have some competition here.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Missileman

Update:
The carbon blades turned out to be foam. They sure made them look convincing.
Semi hard landing resulted in a broken skid. Luckily the heli stayed upright and no other damage was done.
I put on bump resistant T-Rex landing gear and a set of 325 Pro woody blades on and got a couple of more flights in.
This Heli flys as well if not better than any T-Rex I have had, rock steady. The tail drifts a little with the Telebee Gyro, that will be taken care of with the Gy401 when I get a chance to install it.
Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 AM
USHobbySupply

Well guys,

I have finally re-started the HDX450 build! I'm almost done, just have to mount up the gyro and tail servo. Also, i'm going to run a plastic head at first just to be on the money conscious side of the budget! I have also mounted up some copterx blades for the first few go's.

I'll post pics this weekend,

Michael
Old 05-22-2008, 10:21 AM
MMatheny

Congrats, Michael. I haven't been flying for almost a month now - went on a 8 day cruise out of San Juan, then bought a 50" Samsung plasma TV - can't wait to get RealFlight set up on that! Will be like being on the flying field!! What do you mean, plastic head - what plastic head are you going to use?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 AM
USHobbySupply

Wow, dont know why i never thought of that (hooking the computer to the tv for flight sim). I guess something to do this holiday weekend!!!

Michael
Old 06-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Missileman

Well, the frustration sets in.
I had a crash yesterday, hovering too close to myself and a gust of wind came up, main blades beat the heck out of my leg, OUCH.
Anyway, I replaced the feather shaft, main shaft and main gear set. One of the servos had stripped and since my LHS didn't have any Tower Pro servos (as originally equiped in this RTF) I replaced all 3 cyclic servos with Hitec HS65MG that I was saving for a T-Rex build.
Now comes the problem, the Hitec servos travel in the opposite direction and this cheap radio that came with the heli will only has servo reversing on the first 4 channels, I can get the ailerons and elevator to operate in the right direction but the collective is backwards and no way to change it.
My only options are Order some Tower Pro servos and wait till they come in or change radios completely.