Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Mystery USB CABLE Flight Simulator

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Mystery USB CABLE Flight Simulator

Old 06-12-2007, 01:43 PM
Rotor22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery USB CABLE Flight Simulator

Hi, I did buy a Mystery cable for flight simulator on ebay to be used with my wk-0701 but I can't succeed in make it working... can anyone help me??
Cheers
Old 06-12-2007, 04:06 PM
s_mcflurry

Default RE: Mystery USB CABLE Flight Simulator

I bought that very cable and was able to get it working, more or less, with my Heli-Max controller. What I was having trouble with was calibration - whenever I throttled up, it would cause the pitch stick to go towards the 1 or 2 o'clock position. Installation was straight-forward, no third-party drivers were required, and it was recognized. So, it essentially worked and I had to give the guy a good rating...it just didn't work the way I wanted it. I eventually broke down and bought RealFlight G3.5.

Rotor22, is your controller recognized at all? When you plug in the USB cable does the LED on the plug come on? How far do you get into installation of the cable?
Old 06-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Rotor22

Hi s-mcflurry and tnks,

well the interface is recognized because the red led is on and blinking and WXP automatically installs the driver and I have a new game port on the control panel system section.
The problem is that FMS doesn't work at all with my rtx! I install the cable and connect it to my WK-0701 tx, then I switch on the rtx. Then I enter in "control" via FMS and chose Joystick. There is a Joystick 1 which is recognized (thanks to the interface seeing that without it also the Joistick 1 is empty) but all paramenter are in the middle position and anything moves even if I move all the sticks of my radio...

LG
Old 06-13-2007, 02:12 PM
TrumpetRhapsody

If you have multiple joysticks set up on your comp, you have to set a default. FMS reads the default joystick.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Rotor22

I haven't any other Joystick. If I go to pc system/hardware/devices, I have only a game device that is the mouse. If I uninstall it I have only the Mystery USB device.
When I enter FMS and set Joystick, I see the Joystick 1 state active but the first four bar are full, the fifth at middle and the sixth zero and no command is received. I also tried calibration but... nothing... Have you tried it with the WK-0701 seeing that You have a W36B? Do I need to set particular switch config?
Tnks, cheers. LG
Old 06-13-2007, 04:35 PM
TrumpetRhapsody

I made my own custom parallel interface cable, so I'm not using USB. I'm not sure why yours is not working.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:56 PM
micstone

ORIGINAL: Rotor22

I haven't any other Joystick. If I go to pc system/hardware/devices, I have only a game device that is the mouse. If I uninstall it I have only the Mystery USB device.
When I enter FMS and set Joystick, I see the Joystick 1 state active but the first four bar are full, the fifth at middle and the sixth zero and no command is received. I also tried calibration but... nothing... Have you tried it with the WK-0701 seeing that You have a W36B? Do I need to set particular switch config?
Tnks, cheers. LG
Did you ever get this to work? I am having the same problem!