Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Member Daily Flight Rreports

Old 04-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Magic Hook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Member Daily Flight Rreports

Sherman,

I started looking at the 600 last night because the basic kit price for the 600 at Modefo's is under 400 with free shipping. It looks awesome, can you tell me the aproximate cost of a charger and battery? I have a old Xcell 60 Carbon and big is awesome. But the noise, fuel, needle settings, and all the nitro stuff is not for me in the long run.

After replacing a main shaft, feathering shaft, and fly bar, on the V2 I flew it three times without the training gear. Nothing but hover as I adjusting to seeing it witout the yellow balls for reference. I have a slight tail wag so I will be checking the tail servo, belt tension, and check for binding in the linkage. We also fired up the Xcell 60 and worked on the needle settings. It hovers fantastic and what a difference between that and a 450!
Old 04-24-2008, 07:33 AM
Kaelan

if you're past the basic tail in hover, take off the training gear.. it won't help in a crash anyways. besides, the heli will be more stable without it.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Magic Hook

Thanks. I did a repair a couple of days ago and took it up for a test. As I started to land I realized I had forgot the trainer gear. After a moment of panic I did a couple of landings. I flew it today again (2 packs) without the trainer gear doing just basic hover to get used to the feel and new perspective. I plan to leave them on the shelf now and start to practice ff again. Its uneven ground and I was thinking of getting oversized gear like from a 500 after I research the fit.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Kaelan

if you want wider gear for a trex 450, check these out.. the guy I fly with has a set and they're really well made. plus a lot wider than stock. http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=68978
Old 04-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Magic Hook

Thanks I will check that gear out.

I had a tail blade break about 20 up today. I have no clue how it got damaged. It was carbon fiber, and I had pulled on them before flying. The V2 started a fast piro, I pulled the pitch to center stick. I was just a moment late near the ground getting the stick to zero. No damage except for a dent in the blade, which I replaced. Next flight was short because the wind was over 15 but all was steady with the heli.
Old 04-26-2008, 02:17 AM
srouthouse

3 pac,s in the 450V2 flips both ways and rolls 1 roll was in normal mode cause i forgot i wasnt in idle up lol funny thing that was probably the cleanest roll of all. many close calls every pac too, i was flying way to comfortable and beyond my complete control.

all in all a great day and flips in real life are as comfortable as the sim now. probably 30 flips and rolls today without crashing once
Old 04-26-2008, 10:26 PM
RKS1949

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

3 to 4 packs every night on my HBK2, mostly inside, windy here in Indianapolis IN, ALWAYS.
I have a Lama V4, HBK2, Belt-CP and a LOGO 10. Been flying for 3 years. Haven't crashed in a month or so.
Practice hovering, snap 90 degree turns, left and right side in, and very low flying. Nose in, not yet.

Dave / Choppersrule
Dave,It'soo windy,and turned cold (where did that come from?) here today. I'm waiting on parts anyway,so it really dosen't matter much. Flying the sim. Seem like I'm stuck hovering the 450? That's about all I get to do with it,can't wait for the weather to break. I need to get in some FF time. Ron
Old 04-26-2008, 10:34 PM
RKS1949

SR,man your killi'n me! we can't get a decent day to fly here yet. Your really advancing fast,and that's great for you,and us.[sm=thumbs_up.gif] We will be able to have some one with the skills to help us along. Keep it up,man! Ron
Old 04-26-2008, 11:39 PM
srouthouse

thanks bud.

im only a day or two from trying the 500. i would have maidened sunday but my charger wont work for the 6s so i have to get another charger
Old 04-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Magic Hook

Did a re-bind on my Spektrum 6100 in the V2, tightned the belt, and reprogramed my ESC. My little tail wag is gone thankfully. Burned 2 packs this AM and its smooth again. Just worked on my perspective, side in hover, and spot landings. My 500 is on the way! Selling the Xcell 60 to fund a
Trex 600N.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
srouthouse

another great day 3 pac,s in the 450 many loops nose in hovers and today for the first time i kept some inverted hovering for 5-10 seconds, did this 3 times

did i mention no wrecks

then to top it off i maidend the trex500 for 3/4 a pac to be gentle on breaking the lipo in. of coarse i did throw 1 front flip in for good measure what a beast and the stability is great. this heli demands much more respect though compared to the 450.

great day!
Old 04-30-2008, 03:17 AM
srouthouse

lol 500 caught its first ground 3 pacs in before i crashed though. just added my canopy and had her tuned perfect and i got cocky flipping while FF. i did get lucky and just busted the canopy, main gear, boom and flybar and servo gears. canopy is fixable but wont be purdy.

trex450V2 got 2 pacs FF and some hovering [ a few flips ] . wrecking the 500 took the wind out of my sails so to speak last thing i was going to do was wreck the virgin V2
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
RKS1949

Yeah,crashi'n sucks.[] Just about the time ya think ya got things under control,"whamo"[]! The ONLY thing that's keepi'n my heli's intact is the weather, it's really lousy flying weather out side. Cold, windy,wind gust,ect. I've got the throws set back on the BH,and it fly's smooth (hovering), and slow FF, if I get a decent day,I'll go for it again,but not if the winds are gusting,I learned my lesson the hard way on that! Ron
Old 04-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Magic Hook

Three packs at sunrise and dead calm with the V2. Worked on side in hover, and spot landing, and ff transition. Discovered in the calm conditions that my swash needed the elevator turned in one turn. During third pre-flight I found a tail rotor screw loose. Could not get the nerve to try idle up yet. LOL
Old 05-01-2008, 12:54 AM
srouthouse

got one pac in today with the V2 did some front and back flips but best i held my longest inverted hover for about 15 seconds seemed like a long time lol. no wrecks
Old 05-02-2008, 06:53 AM
Magic Hook

Wow no testicles for the inverted hover try yet here! Three and a half packs this am. Calm right after sunrise. Played more with FF working my imaginary flight line back and forth, stopping to hover at each end for the turn, sort of. Bailed out a few times and just backed it up back to me if it got freaky. Did several approach to landings and touch and go's. On forth pack the V2 developed a intermitent tail twitch that would turn it fourty five degrees pretty hard then back. I struggled with the landing but got it down safely. I have not checked it out as of yet.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:42 PM
RKS1949

Wind and rain (AGAIN) here today. Man this weather pattern is really starting to suck![:@] CX2 in the garage (AGAIN)3 packs just crusing around in slow FF,some figure 8's,ect. SR,is there any homes available around your area? I'm about ready to move from Illinois,my son lives at Long Beach,and daughter lives in San Diego! I could fly during the day,and visit the kids at night! They would be ready to ship me back to Illinois in about 2 weeks! It's gotta clear up here eventually,(like around June,of 2015)! Ron
Old 05-03-2008, 10:37 PM
srouthouse

500 is great, got a couple half pacs last night showing off at work. got 1 full pac tonight with light fading. flips, rolls and some FF.

got 1 pac in on the 450 doing the same but combined some multiple flips and just a little inverted hovering.

it was pretty much dusk and i dont have luck this time of the evening to try more
Old 05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Magic Hook

I discovered my ESC needed to be re-programed. All was smooth 3 packs yesterday doing mostly ff. This am within a minute of take off it was up about 25' and I lost the radio, and the 6100 went into fail safe in a 10 mph wind. It just hovered moving with the wind at first as It drifted to within 5' of a tree when I finally got it back intermitantly as I tried to get it down (right side up) as it faded in a out of control. At 5' high when it was level I gave it full negative which is only 2 degrees. It hit hard, but did not break the carbon blades or have a boom strike. It did bend the feathering shaft, one of my 65MG stopped working. New receiver time I guess.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:40 PM
srouthouse

magic hook check all your connections well before you ditch the RX

1 pac on the 500.

beautiful flight, consecutive front flips,s [rainbows] and some inverted nose in hovering and a couple backflips with some FF to start out.

i could tell you for hours how much of a performer the 500 is but you have to see it to believe. its a beast

no wrecks
Old 05-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Kaelan

spent the day with a bunch of local heli guys.. got my BH450 setup even better than before and ran a couple packs through it.. flies much better now
Old 05-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Magic Hook

I helped my son in law get his JR Venture 30 nitro this afternoon. After some time working with that JR 500 Gyro it was in a nice stable hover, his first without the training wheels.

Sprouthouse, I will check the wires for sure. My 500 is 90% complete but it will be sitting for a while. My boat is finally repaired so I am back in the game every day until the end of tarpon season.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:50 PM
srouthouse

3 flights today 2 with the 450 and 1 with the 500.

on the 450 i tried my first tic tocs, not bad just about as sloppy as the ones i do on the sim more nose in inverted hovering and more rolls.

then with the 500 and some practice with all the above i pulled off my first clean tic toc and kept a 15 second inverted hover.

no wrecks but only by shear luck! the 500 took a dive i was getting crazy and going in way over my head throwing it around and came out of a loop sideways nose in and i orientated and pulled out full collective/throttle up only 5' from the tree,s
Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
srouthouse

1 flight with 450 worked on tightening collective in flipsand rolls, no wrecks
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Magic Hook

Sprouthouse, I just finnished my 500. Do you know where can I get some info on the pitch and throd curves for my DX7? Thanks. No flying, my 450 is repaired but there seems to something else wrong but I did not have time to get into it to sort it out tonight. When the servos are centered, the elevator end (aft) of the swash it high.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.