Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Century Swift RTF, Opinions...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Century Swift RTF, Opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 01:47 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Century Swift RTF, Opinions...

What do you guys think of this heli?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVJR2&P=0

I like the large size and the RTF qualities. Want to see one fly before I decide.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:30 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: New Century Swift RTF, Opinions...

MAN 600 bucks for rtf 30 size heli? that's a great deal. even comes with 4-cell lipo. i'm interested. you can also get a RTF Hurricane 550 thats the same size for 650 with lipos and futuba radio RTF. either way both is a great deal for such a large helicopter.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
stump3r

I sell Gaui and still highly recommend the Century Swift. Super heli that you can really do alot with. You won't be disappointed with that bird. One of my flying buddies has one and I get more and more impressed with it every time he takes it up!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:38 PM
betofazzo

I will go for the Swift...........[:@]
Old 08-30-2008, 08:34 PM
helibrit

Just puchased the swift rtf. couple things misleading about ther adds. this bird is not able to do 3d without upgrades. the rtf radio system is not programable at this time and what does work has been pre programmed. to be able to program heli radio you have to get dvd and cable .tried to find ou when available but no responce yet. the battery in it is good for 3 mins only and that is when hovering contacted century on this one hoping it was just bad batterie they told me to run it couple mins and charge it several times see if it does any better . will have to see. it is a well put together machine and took very little adjustment to get hovering . hope this helps I think that century will take care of small glitches in due time but time will tell.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 PM
Druss

just keep in mind that most rtf kits are not really designed for hard 3D, that's why it's RTF.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM
syclic

A fellow had one out at an event I attended last week - it flew for over 6 minutes on one charge! He let me have at it, and I must say, it will make a very good trainer heli. The low head speed that it is set for, is probably why it is so stable and docile for training. Later, I am sure that with a more agressive radio set-up and a higher head speed, it could be as aerobatic as my Swift 16. Of course, the higher the head speed - the lower the flight times.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
helibrit

thanks fr the input guys. I did realise that it is a new item and that It was probably not going to be perfect but I would have at least hoped for better run time than I am getting and I am just learning helis infact I m still learning to hover which aint easy when you only have 4 mins have a great day take care all helibrit
Old 09-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Pistol Pete

ORIGINAL: helibrit

Just puchased the swift rtf. couple things misleading about ther adds. this bird is not able to do 3d without upgrades. the rtf radio system is not programable at this time and what does work has been pre programmed. to be able to program heli radio you have to get dvd and cable .tried to find ou when available but no responce yet. the battery in it is good for 3 mins only and that is when hovering contacted century on this one hoping it was just bad batterie they told me to run it couple mins and charge it several times see if it does any better . will have to see. it is a well put together machine and took very little adjustment to get hovering . hope this helps I think that century will take care of small glitches in due time but time will tell.
CENTURY chimes in...

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t458336p1/

"this bird is not able to do 3d without upgrades"

Unfortunately this is true in the sense that you will need to purchase the means to program the radio via PC.
However, the heli will do "mild acrobatics" once radio programming is changed without any other "upgrades".

Mo' info here...
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t460233p1/

Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 PM
helibrit

Pistol Pete By no means am I putting this heli down and if you had read rest of comment you would have seen indeed I did mention that it would need radio programming to 3d. I have recomended this helicopter quite a few times know to both friends and others asking questions. I am still not getting any tilme out of the battery so I ended up ordering a replacement as I had not heard from century if they were going to help me with this issue but that does not mean I have Ill feeling toward century or the swiftrtf kit. I am just learning myself and have learnt more on my swift in two days than what I tried to learn on my honeybee king 2 the swift is a lot more stable and little less responsive which gives the newbie a chance before mishaps happen. I stand behind my swift bad battery an all and would definatly recomend this helicopter. I meant no malice tyowad century and simply stated fact. and then explained what was needed.Helibrit.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:23 PM
RCForever
My Feedback: (8)

I've had my Swift RTF sitting on my bench for over a month. I fly a Blade CX2 in my living room and various helis on my RealFlight simulator. I put a training gear on the Swift, did the minimal setup required and started the procedure of checking the controls and "cycling" the battery following their instructions (3 - 5 min runs then charge for the first 5 - 7 times maximize performance of the battery).

My first impressions are very good and I think that this is a great value for someone like myself who wants a larger, more stable machine and basically READY TO FLY! When I powered it up it runs very smoothly without any excess shaking. I doubt that I will ever fly 3D. I am a longtime sport airplane flier who had been looking at the larger electric helis and this one, for me is GREAT!