Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Just a thought

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Just a thought

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Shortymet55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a thought

I have a HoneyBee CP2 and to be honest, I hate it. I cant get it in the air. Its always the same thing, on the ground the thing want to slide side to side and rotate one way, but as soon as it leave the ground it shoots the other direction. I dont know If there is an adjustment to fix this. However, it is annoying. If I do get it in the air, then itll be fine until it start randomly spinning again! Then crash. Im done with it. (Unless one of you have a fix for this issue).

Anyways, i want a helicopter (I have a Nitro plane for the field, but I need something for the back yard (or basement)). Im considering buying a used Blade CX2 off ebay. What do you all think? Im sick of crashing and at this point, I just want to fly. Is this a good idea to buy this heli?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Shortymet55

Default RE: Just a thought

Im thinking of buying one that has a broken landing gear. Is there a stronger landing gear I could replace it with? Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 06:29 PM
DumbDawg
My Feedback: (3)

You might want somethinga little less frustrating, somethin you can fly right away?

You could get a Lama V3 or 4, either of these lil helis are easy to fly and great indoor heli's. You can fly'm outside on calm days but more indoor heli's.

Happy fly'n
Old 09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Shortymet55

Are Lama's better than Blade CX2's? There both the two blade kinds. I mean I dont want anything boring. I just want something that is a bit easier to keep in the air that a CP. Thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

I think they are probably about the same quality, something you may want to look at is if you can get parts for one or the other locally, that may help you decide...

there are aftermarket gear for the cx2, you can get them on ebay.. personally, I'd just buy an extra package when I go pick up parts... they break, but they are cheap..
Old 09-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Shortymet55

I know my LHS sells the CX2, not sure if lama, but they sell all the E-flight heli's, so I assume parts.

Ill go with a CX2 then. Should I replace with stock landing gear or upgrade? Any other upgrades recommended to increase fun right off the bat?

Thanks

P.S. I found a gear on boomtownhobbies that says lifetime warranty. Maybe thats the way to go.
Old 09-16-2008, 06:53 PM
thestratcat

I'd pass on the upgrade gear for now, throw that money aside to buy an aluminum swash (probably the best first upgrade)...

the CX2 is a good heli, I've had 2 of them, my current and the one previous I flew for a year and a half, my buddy flies it now..

throw that one that you have on a shelf and try it again next spring or so, you may be able to handle it then...
Old 09-16-2008, 06:58 PM
Shortymet55

The thing about the gear is it costs $10 shipped and the stock would be $7 shipped. With gas how it is, I don't think I would be saving much by actually going to the store. There prices are usually high. What do you think I should do? I mean I cant even buy two stock ones online for the pirce of the one with a lifetime warranty. But im not sure how often they break. Thanks

And also, with the upgraded one, I can also get the E-flight aluminum swash for $20 and only an extra $0.70 shipping.

http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Produ...TH002&CartID=1
http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/E_fli...p/eflh1246.htm
Old 09-16-2008, 07:06 PM
thestratcat

Shorty,

I see, you are sitting like me, my closest shop is about 30 miles away.. I learned to stock up on parts that I break, I keep a running order at the shop to stock up my stock... hey, it works for me, I'm never waiting on parts this way... go for the lifetime ones dude... let me know how they work out..

yeah, that swash will be the best upgrade, the stock one will tend to come apart eventually, you can fix it, but the aluminum one won't come apart and it'll make the heli handle a lot better.

here's a pic of my cx...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65760.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1034753  
Old 09-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Shortymet55

Well, I think im going to get the swash and gear. I mean it gonna be $30 shipped which really isnt bad considering im buying use, so the price it already good (assuming the heli is in decent shape. Even the I can probably upgrade before I reach the new price.)
Old 09-16-2008, 07:18 PM
thestratcat

Shorty,

upgrades are plentiful for this one.. and fairly cheap, microheli makes chassis (very cool by the way) the CF tail boom, there's a ton of stuff you can add, along with some scale bodies too...
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Shortymet55

I got a bid in. Hoepfully I win. I have a feeling im going to have fun with this heli. Come Christmas time, UPGRADE GALORE!
Old 09-16-2008, 07:45 PM
thestratcat

ORIGINAL: Shortymet55

I got a bid in. Hoepfully I win. I have a feeling im going to have fun with this heli. Come Christmas time, UPGRADE GALORE!

now you are on the right track

by next year, you'll have a list of 450 parts/upgrades that you want

I have a blast with mine chasing the dog around, and it has taught be to fly different orientations for the bigger one, so it's not only fun, but a learning tool also.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:31 PM
nascarfaad

Good Luck on your bid. I've been flying my CX2 for about a year now and love it. Boomtownhobbies is a great place to buy your parts from. My CX2 has their landing skids (unbreakable), extended inner shaft (no more blade strikes), shortened flybar (lessens blade strikes too), and their V3 boom (less wind issues). She's a totally different bird now. Also adjust your servo arms out 1-2 holes. You'll love it~!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49796.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1034787