Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

motor and esc. falcon 400 3d

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

motor and esc. falcon 400 3d

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Tripp_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor and esc. falcon 400 3d

Need to see if anyone can help me with my falcon 400 3d. The motor twiches back and forth when it starts up. It works good when at higher speed but has a really hard time starting up. I took the motor out of the chopper and it still twiches, the only thing that is different when the motor is out of the chopper it that it shuts down at high speeds and the ESC will start flashing an orange light. So the problem is not in the mechanics of the chopper, its in the electrical. Maybe the motor or ESC or somthing.
So if anyone can help me with this, please do. summerized: Motor twiches back and forth at start up.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM
kd5boc

Default RE: motor and esc. falcon 400 3d

Sounds like the timing got changed somehow, or the motor could be shorting out. Is it the stock ESC? If so, there are plenty of complaints about the ESC going on on that bird. Maybe time to upgrade it?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:43 AM
Tripp_

Yeah its the stock Arttech ESC. I think you might be right. So I am thinking about getting a better ESC and motor. But I dont know witch ones to get.
I am thinking about getting the Volcano 25A Electronic Brushless ESC http://www.xheli.com/25aescusefor.html
and the Exceed RC Alpha 400 (3500kv) Outrunner Brushless motor http://www.xheli.com/al4003oubrmo.html
But I dont know how to get the motor to fit or if it can fit. (never changed a motor before). Cause the picture shows that the Alpha motor has 16 teeth on the motor gear and the gear on the stock one only has 10. Does this matter? Or does anyone know of a different motor I should get. Any advice on changing these parts would be great.
Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Tripp_

Ok so the only problem i am looking at withis motor is the head speed it will do 3100 and i think thats too much. cause the falcon has the smaller main gear at 132T. The motor has a 3mm shaft. and it comes with a 13T pinion. And I cant find a smaller pinion (Like 11T or 10T with 3mmID . maybe the ESC can be programed to run the motor slowe. Does anyone know how to slow down my head speed? I am using a card to program the ESC cause my rx cant program.