Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
 Help a guy out..  First electric..9Z CCPM? >

Help a guy out.. First electric..9Z CCPM?

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help a guy out.. First electric..9Z CCPM?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a guy out.. First electric..9Z CCPM?

Hey guys. 2 questions. I want to spend about 3 hundred bux on an electric heli. The best I can get for 300. Any Ideas? I have been looking at one called the axi 450 from xheli.com. I would prefer metal over plastic on the business ends of the machine. Also, I have a Futaba 9zhp pcm. Can my radio do the ccpm thing? If so where do I find it in my menu. I do have about 10 years experience flying so I dont need a beginer machine. I know 3 hundred bux isnt alot but I just want to get something cheap at first play in the sand box with it to see if I like them... ya know how that goes. I would appreciate any input. Thank you very much ! Greg.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:21 PM

Default RE: Help a guy out.. First electric..9Z CCPM?

is this your radio? http://www.helicom.be/shop/shopnl/ro...ters/F8008.pdf

it says it can do helicopters. so your good on that. as for 300 bucks for a helicopter wont get you much. maybe a RTF package with the bare mininum to get it to fly. the exi450 is a great helicopter. that leaves you with 200 bucks for the rest of the components. you'll need about 300 hundred more for all the gear needed. you'll need motor, esc, lipo, 3 cyclic servos, 1 tail servo, gyro. and unless you plan on putting the cheapest stuff on it 200 bucks wont cut it.

you can get the esky belt cp for $155 at xheli and get a couple of extra lipos to get started. just pick up a better esc than the stock as they are known to catch fire. head over to ka-planes and look at the blackhawk RTF packages for 300 bucks. pretty good deal and they fly very good stock. and you can grow with it as well when you decide to start upgrading components.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 PM

quite frankly, plane flying experience can help a bit but not as much as you seem to think...

as far as a heli, the ones listed above are good choices.

for your radio, hold onto the menu button as you turn the radio on and you should get a menu that lets you choose heli, then the type of mix (i.e. 3 servo 120 deg).

do you already have a sim? might want to get some practice in if you do.

btw, everyone needs a beginner machine when it comes to helis... now if we could all just agree on what's the best beginner machine.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 PM

Im sorry.. I have flown rc helis for years. I have an xcell 60 right now and Have flown planes since about ..hmm.. 1977 or so.. I was a kid. I dont have worries about flying them. I just want something that can handle me for cheap.. lol. I looked at that blackhawk 450. That looks pretty cool. thanks for the response.
Old 10-24-2008, 06:23 AM

The HDX 450SE is another nice all metal model that is in a reasonable price range, they are sold by Helidirect.com
I flew my HDX for close to a year and put it in a scale fuselage and moved on to my T-Rex for everyday flying.
The HDX flys just as good as the Rex and in some ways I like the way it is set up better.