Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Corona online?

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Corona online?

Old 06-09-2003, 01:53 AM
Jus10
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona online?

I want to buy a corona for my first heli... I already have a futaba radio (for my rc planes). I've been looking and I'm having trouble finding a place that sells the corona online (looking for a pagage deal w/o radio). I was going to get a nitro raptor 30 v2 but I watched a nitro copter on tv today and it was a bit intimidating to me. I was hoping a nice eheli would be better to start (or stick with). Can anyone help? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2003, 01:55 AM
staggerwing10

Default Corona online?

light machines (the manufatcturer of the corona) sell it online in a veriety of options, with and without radio.
Old 06-09-2003, 05:46 AM
Jus10

Default Corona online?

I have a few more questions. Seems from reading other post it would be better to buy the basic kit and get the rest of the parts from other manufacturs... I also found somewhere here or rcgroups a place called www.roffeetvhobby.com seems to be the place to buy the basic kit. Here is my situation. I don't know if what I have is useless or not for a corona. I have a couple things from a eplane that might work but couldn't find any info in many searches. I have a bunch of deans ultra connectors, Fut 6xa tx, and 3 GWS Pico BB servos. I'm guessing the servos is a no no. But I'm really confused as to all the detailed parts I need to get in the air like what battery and charger and additional acc (glues etc). Do I just need to contact roffee and ask what I need or should I buy from like 5 different places based on the searches?
Old 06-09-2003, 08:04 AM
astronut30
My Feedback: (5)

Default Corona online?

Depending on your Budget, here's the ideal set up:

Basic Kit-
-Hitec hs 81 servos, metal gear for cyclic, plastic gears for tail ok. (You'd have to modify the crutch to use your Pico servos, I would definitely not recommend using those)
www.servocity.com has free shipping
-Kyosho Atomic Force motor, Roffeetv should have in stock, if not towerhobbies has for $20
-35amp, esc, Castle Creations, Pegasus 35 is probably best for price, Roffetv may have these also.
-Futaba gy240 Gyro is a great entry level hh gyro www.helihut.com has for $95+shipping.

You'll just need some thin and thick CA glue, maybe some spray can paint for the crutch, if you go with a brushed motor, paint it black otherwise you'll get stains from the brushes with a light color. Other than that, basic tools and a metric ruler. (Dremel, if you go with the gy240, you'll need to make a gyro bed, really easy. JR voyager e landing gear is really nice too.)

If your budget allows go straight to brushless Most inexpensive will probably be a Mega 16/5/3 set up (about $160 or so) next, Astro Flight 020 (more power) set up, about $200.

Your radio will be just fine.

And you'll need 7 cell packs, connectors
Old 06-09-2003, 08:12 PM
jgiles-RCU

Default Corona online?

Buy it stock and do the upgrades after you learn how to fly. No point in having an upgrade attack if you haven't even learned how to fly it yet.