Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Bostonnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T.T. Innovator MD530 just had 2nd flight wow !!

Kevin; Very good point and well taken, I hope your'e right. I mean no offense or disrespect to him. I hope it is just excitment, I just found it very odd that there was no response to my comment/compliment. I'm working on more Innovator/Quark thoughts for you and will post soon, thanks my friend !! For what it's worth, "Bostonnut" came from my love of the music of rock band Boston and am a musician with a recording studio. Rock guitar and R/C models is a combo no kid should be without !! Also, in heli's I've had/have Blade 400 (sold), CX, CXII. Blade CP Pro, Venom night Ranger II, JR Venture CP 30 with O.S. 32H (still new never flown) New Traxxas Summit, 14 other ground vehicles, 11 airplanes.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:40 PM
kchen95

Thanks Bostonnut, really looking forward to your thoughts!

Wow that's a lot of planes and heli's you've flown! I take it it must mean when after all these great 3D machines, the Quark and the Innovator are still two of your favorites even though you can't do 3D with them?!

Kevin
Old 02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Spazstic1

King of the Hill....wow....so much for offering information about the hobby I love so dearly.... I wasn't trying to "take over", or "compete" with anyone... This is supposed to be fun... Sorry for putting my two cents in. Enjoy your thread.. Take care everyone.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:02 AM
kchen95

Another Quark/Innovator comparison question:

What happens to Innovator's foam blades when there's a crash? The Quark has foam blades that easily snap when crashed so the rest of the heli can be saved (and I must say it really works extremely well). Anticipating this, Hirobo also gives you 4 sets of spare blades and most Quark owners stock a whole bunch more. It sounds like the Innovator doesn't come with any spare blades - does that mean the blades don't snap easily? Or should one get a whole bunch of spare blades as well, like the Quark?
Old 02-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Bostonnut

Kevin; Even with all the flying models I have, I was never musch interested in 3D, although I do it sometimes, I prefer slower relaxed flying. On RealFlight sim I do lots of 3D but it's easy to press the reset button after crashing. I have no interest in 3D with my heli's and why I love the Quark and Innovator so much. Never flew 3D with my other heli's. The Quark is the only heli I've flown in a circle around me but am very cautious. Your feeling on your Blade 400 are similar to mine where I could hover pretty well but it always felt very hyper at those high rotor speeds. The 400 isn't meant for basic hovering and flying like the Innovator is. Doing that with the 400 felt like trying to drive a high performance stock car to the grocery store, it just did'nt fit my style. At the flying club one day, there was a guy starting to do 3D with his Blade 400 and it fell from the sky, hit him and ended up a ball of bent parts. He walked away irritated and I thought to myself... "I'm glad I sold mine and am putting the $$ toward the Innovator. Again, if you imagine the Innovator as a large Quark, that's the best comparison I can make. No extra blades come with the Innovator like the Quark. I think the Innovator blades would break pretty easy before bending rotor parts unless you crash fairly hard. Not as easy as the Quark but probably better that the 400 wood blades and remmember the rotor speeds are quite a bit lower on the Innovator so crash damage is going to be lower than the higher Blade 400 rotor speeds. The innovator is fairly $expensive$, so I don't think the mfg. wanted to add to the cost by including extra blades. If your'e really concerned about going thru a lot blades on the Innovator, you might want to practice more on the Quark or simulator first. Don't let the Innovator scare you cause it's stable and gentle like the Quark just bigger. Up and down requires a little more throttle management than the Quark but not much. Think about training gear for your first flights, not that you really need that, but it can make you more comfortable and relaxed until you get used to it. You'll take them off in no time and probably realize you did'nt really need them. Sorry and sad to see spaztic1 offended and leave, from now on I'll just post my thoughts and leave it at that. Hope this helps and good luck !!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:12 PM
kchen95

Thanks Bostonnut - very informative as usual. And Spaztic1, I really hope you don't disappear...

You guys all conned me into this - just ordered my Innovator today

The goal is to get REALLY good with my Quark before taking the Innovator out for a spin. While I practice and perfect my indoor Quark skills, I will comb through the Innovator manual to make sure I understand everything.

Happy to join the club!

Kevin
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 PM
hgmitch

Hi I have two complete Innavator kits still factory sealed for sale if you know anybody interested. I can be reached at [email protected] My name is Greg $ 575.00 shipped. Thanks Greg
Old 02-20-2009, 09:54 PM
joshseigler

sounds like you were the one competing not Spaztic1 just because he answers a ? doesn't mean you can still put in your in put on the same ? sounds like you wanted to be the only one to say anything everybody mite aswell just leave you alone to talk to yourself
Old 02-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Bostonnut

joshseigler; And your comments & input on the Innovator MD530 are what ?? So you come here with no input except an attempt to insult me "unsuccessfully". I have no interest in competing with anyone, When Spaztik1 ignored my compliment on his pictures, question on flight time, and other comment it suggested he wanted to be the teacher and only Innovator answer guy. I apologize if I'm wrong and very sorry I offended him and apparently you. Apparently you have not read all the posts and thank you's for my input. My spending hours to compose detailed info to help and inspire new Innovator pilots with setup and flying tips is something you apparently do not appreciate. To you, this is only an opportunity for you to critisize. To suggest I talk to myself is nonsense as I have helped aspiring new Innovator pilots with my information and look forward to learning from them as well. There is a useful tool where you can "block" a persons comments and that should work well for you to hide my posts and help you diminish the desire to further critisize me without input on the hobby. We are all equal, none more important than the other and everyone is welcome to input on this forum about this wonderful r/c hobby that we love so much.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:52 PM
mediclavina

ORIGINAL: hgmitch

Hi I have two complete Innavator kits still factory sealed for sale if you know anybody interested. I can be reached at [email protected] My name is Greg $ 575.00 shipped. Thanks Greg
You're not trying to scam anybody here, are you?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 AM
mediclavina

OK, I just came across some posts by other RCU members mentioning that very same email address. You seem to have a very good track record.

I'm sorry for having doubts on you Mr Greg. You know, trying to sell anything on your very first post and, at the same time, misspelling the name of the product raises a red flag for me.

I could buy one of your Innovator because of your bargain price, but you're 2 days late. I already placed an order for an SRB Quark (my second one). []
Old 02-21-2009, 02:33 AM
Bostonnut

mediclavina; I paid $530 for my Innovator but it was a special deal from a hobby shop (gyro) just down the street from Ace Hobby (distributor for Innovator) so I would'nt be to concerned that it's not a realistic price from Greg, but you already ordered yours?, good for you your gonna love it !! Your 2nd Quark? I still have my first and love it, great quality heli. For an extra Innovator li-po, heliproz just got them in stock and I ordered one $69.95 + $5.95 shipping. They didn't get main/tail blades in yet though. Hope you like your new bird as much as I do. Good idea to go to www.acehobby.com and study their Innovator set-up guide cause there isn't much info in the 2 page guide that comes in the box. After you do the bind process, recharge the battery cause it may drop to low for the heli to go into fly mode and can drive you nuts unless you know this. Good luck !!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 AM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg is a great guy with great prices! I do all of my Hirobo shopping through him now. A++++ BTW congrats on your second quark!
Old 02-21-2009, 03:21 PM
kchen95

OK just got my Innovator and ran into my first problem - can I get an adapter so I can charge the battery by plugging into a wall socket, or do I need to get one of those Lead-Acid Batteries?

Kevin
Old 02-21-2009, 07:49 PM
Spazstic1

You'll need a 12 volt power supply to run the charger...
Old 02-21-2009, 08:28 PM
kchen95

Thanks Spazstic1 - and welcome back Definitely hope you and Bostonnut can move on from your misunderstanding. U guys both love this heli, so should be on the same side!

I've got my Innovator all set up and ready to go. All the pre-flight stuff checked out fine; the binding was smooth, and the blades track nicely. But I won't be able to take it outside for a few days- such is the limitation of living in Manhattan I'll have to be content with flying its little brother, the Quark, for now.

Any last-minute suggestions that are not in the manual or Ace's quick setup guide? Happy flying everyone.

Best,
Kevin
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 AM
jddickers
My Feedback: (98)

Greeting Heli guys, Got my innovator about three weeks ago and just got it out. Since I have never flown or owned a heli I have a few questions. I followed the set up and after it went through it's set up it beeped only two times not three as per instrustions. I did it again same out come is this right? Also on installing the rotor blades how tight do you tighten them. I have built and flown rc planes for 25 years but have never flown Heli. I have flown on the sim and I do fair It's a good thing I don't have to pay for the repairs. The twin rotor heli are two easy and boring. I think the innovator is going to be lots of fun.
JD
Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Spazstic1

Unfortunately, the sensor inside the heli is extremely sensitive. You must "top off" the battery before flying. The setup procedure pulls to much voltage out of the battery. Throw it in the charger...shouldn't take too long to top off...then try flying it..

Also, the blades need to be tightened enough to allow the blades to pivot with light pressure from your hand.

Good luck!! Enjoy the flight!!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:55 AM
Hong Weibing

Howdy All,

Had a chance to visit the Nuremberg Toy Fair couple of weeks back while on a bizz trip. Walked by the Thunder Tiger booth where they had some sort of flight demo corner for the Innovator. I only saw the MD530 in flight and was quite impressed by the machine. They had a few inflight promo videos too, and that thing seemed to have enough performance to keep me busy for quite a while. Very compact & clean design. Wish I had taken a few photos tho.
I'm tempted as a first heli, I'll have to convince the "one-who-knows-better" all over again.

Hong
Old 03-26-2009, 12:03 PM
hawk300

Hi Guys I want ur help, plzz tell me from where we can order spairparts for MD530, as I had crash & blades were distroied so I replaced with Align 315PRO, works well, but still I want one extra Battrty & few more things. you can have a look to flightVideo.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnLicaB4hkI]YouTube[/link]
Old 03-27-2009, 07:48 AM
phillipmorris

Nice youtube Hawk300, curious how much heli experience you've had ? I'm currently enjoying the Hirobo SRB Quark, with the Innovator on the way should arrive soon...any flight tips ?? Tnx in advance BEST ..<>.

Might check heliproz for parts...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:44 PM
esmoglo

My MD530 went bonkers yesterday! I was flying for about 4-6 min and the darn Heli went into FULL POWER MODE ALL BY IT SELF! Not sure what the heck happened I was flying at night and I lost sight of it so I put the power all the way down and I started to see it again. Once I applied power/throttle again it went into full power mode so before it went to the moon I just cut the power and was able to crash it into a tree. The damage was minimal just the main blades/landing gear and very minor damage to the body. I took the blades off and put a fresh pack in the heli to test it and confirmed it was Full throttle or nothing. I will get a new set of blades and landing gear and reprogram the heli to see if that will fix the problem. If not I will contact ACE hobby's for a RMA number to see if they can repair the darn thing.

Hey Robert, did you not tell me that your Heli went nuts as well? I think there may be a problem with some of theses Innovators I have read on other forums people having the same problems.

Angelo
Old 03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Spazstic1

Angelo....call me at the store when you get this... if you have my cell, and it's after 8pm, call that.

I'll PM you the number.

Domingo just told me about you and your friends issue.. I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS. Soon as I have ALL the details, I will be on the phone with AceHobby, OR ThunderTiger.

Yes, mine went nuts too, but mine was a completely different problem. I lost all control on the rudder, the blades struck the boom, and the heli started spinning to the right. I brought it down extremely fast and hard, and it broke my landing gear. I replaced the boom, skids, and blades, and now, I'm STILL having the same problem. I can get the heli off the ground, and within 20 seconds, I'll lose all rudder control and the same thing will happen. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to get on the phone with Ace yet. After I speak with you, I'll call them.

-Robert
Old 03-28-2009, 07:16 AM
phillipmorris

You guys are scaring me as one Innovator coming early next week here..

My delema at present abit different, by error the demo one was sent, only about 5 flights on it but is scratched nose from not being careful on battery insertion, obviously it flys and ready....now with these issues going on with the new release do I keep the demo hardly broken in or take a chance on a brand new one, if this one is holding its own on running correctly might be my keeper, curious what the rest of you would do in this situation...dealer tho new to me sounds very good as called right away after sending, is a very small possibility I may receive the new one anyway as the errror occured in one of two shipments myself a strong possibility...yikes...

Loads of luck flying the FP Quark, hardly wait to try this Innovator...

Tnx again for any suggestions...Best to everyone
Old 03-28-2009, 05:19 PM
esmoglo

Phill,

Are you saying you are having problems with your Innovator? I am waiting for a call from Ace Hobby's. I was told not to fly the heli over the weekend until my local hobby shop talks with Ace Hobby's. This hole thing kind of sucks. I have invested $770 in this heli and am grounded, thank goodness I have a lot of other helis to fly.

Angelo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.