Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Innovator MD530

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Innovator MD530

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Spazstic1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Innovator MD530

Morning all... Just a quick note before I head to the shop.. Sunday's BBQ out at Markham park has been cancelled due to high winds and nasty weather....so... We wont be out at the park this weekend. I'll be in the shop from noon till 8 tonight...if anyone needs me, leave me a msg here or contact me at the store...

Have a great day!!
-Robert
Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 AM
metalskin

Hi Robert and to everyone in this thread,

Just want to say thanks to Robert for this thread, in reading it, it got me to buy the MD530, I've flown like 2 helis in the past for just minutes (at least tried to fly them) and this thread brought back the itch to get back into it. Waiting for delivery on the heli and hope to be up in the air soon, seem like a nice and easy way to get into Helis.

Thanks
Andre
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Brendonbl

Robert,

You showed me this heli in the store a week or so ago, and it really is impressive. My only concern is who it is for at that price. It is perfect for a dope like me who can fly a coaxial, but probably isnt ready for a Blade 400. I am just not sure if I want to spend $600 (plus extras). I would also wonder if those guys who revel in the joys of expert flying would bother with it.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Spazstic1

Hey all!! Hope everyone's having a great day...

Metalskin... congrats on the purchase!! You should have a blast with this helicopter!!

Brendon... You thoughts are correct... The MD530 is NOT for really experienced pilots. This machine is WAY too docile. From what I see, this particular model is geared more towards the entry level pilot. Someone who's mastered the coaxial, but like you said....not ready for a blade 400. If you're not ready for this huge price tag, you might want to check out a Hirobo Quark.. It's MUCH smaller than the MD530, and granted, it doesn't fly exactly the same, but it's really close. You should be able to pick up a new Quark, RTF for less than 400.

Good luck, lemme know if you have anymore questions.

Take care everyone!!
-Robert
Old 03-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Brendonbl

I have been looking at the Quark, but my LHS (cough) doesnt stock it or the parts.!!!
Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 AM
phillipmorris

My Innovator is on the way should arrive by early next week, hardly wait....terrible luck with many of these smaller Helis other than the SRB Quark, flys like a champ, and would suggest it to anyone especially if any issues with the other small models..If the Innovator handles even close to the Quark, I'll be all smiles....Helis shouldn't have to be intimidating, as anticipate these two will fill a long needed gap...Super fun todate with the Quark, its amazingly stable...BEST ..<>..
Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM
hawk300

Hi Guys I need your help, from where I can have spares for MD530, I crashed my MD530 in sealing so blades gone, I replaced with Alien 315 pro, but still want to have original,
I also want to ask you my heli need trim on left aliron plus little bit on left rudder any one can tell me what is reason?
For your info please have look on below link for Video
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnLicaB4hkI]Innovator MD530 in Office ;-)[/link]
Old 03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Spazstic1

Hey all...

Brendon... I'm in the process of trying to get my boss to order Hirobo Quarks and spare parts.. For the time being, try ebay.

Phillip... Congrats on the purchase!! You've now made it into the MD530 club!! Aren't you excited!! LOL I'm sure you'll have a great time with this machine.

Hawk... You're going to have to try searching for the parts over the internet. Unfortunately, our store doesn't ship out of the United States. You may want to try our distributor.. ..www.acehobby.com..

As far as the trim goes.. I have to have my rudder trim a few clicks to the left when I fly. The aileron and elevator trims are perfectly centered. Each unit is different in SOME way. Your's, "COULD" have a longer link on one side.....meaning....one of the rodends may need to be screwed in or out.. Before you adjust the lengths, I would try the auto-setup.. Just make sure ALL trims are centered before you start the process.

Good luck!!

-Robert
Old 03-28-2009, 12:25 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It appears from reading all these posts that everyone is pleased with the electric helicopter. Let me me start by saying I am not new to flying or buiding R/C helicopters. I purchased this helicopter because I wanted something I could fly in my backyard. After reading the review in "Flying Model" magazine I decided to make the investment. My initial purchase came to $710.00 including taxes. The only accessory I purchased was an additional battery pack. Yesterday the charger quit working and the extra battery pack I purchased was defective. The machine airborne proved to be tail heavy and very sluggish. In addition to these problems it also required full left trim to keep the nose straight. It is my opinion that a beginner will be spending a lot of money in repair parts if after the crash it can be repaired. Don't underestimate my opinion of this machine based upon what you have. I believe I received a unit that suffers from many problems. In addition to all of this is the lack of support from the hobby shop I purcashed it from and "ACE R/C. The hobby shop won't swap it out or give me my money back until they receive approval from ACE R/C. Its been three days now since I complained to the sales representative at the hobby shop. He keeps telling me that ACE R/C has not returned his phone calls.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 PM
jddickers
My Feedback: (98)

Hi all, I had some thing very strange happen. The other day I had a minor crash which bent the tail boom and cracked the body and also wiped out the main rotor blades. I replaced the tail boom,body and rotor blades I also went through the set up. When I went for a test fly as soon as I gave it throtle the tail started rotating to the right and I could not control the tail. It was late so I quit for the night. So tonight I went through the set up again. I went out again for a test hop. As I throttled up evry thing seemed to be ok and then all Hell broke loose I had no control of the throttle it went wide open even with the stick and trim all the way down It then cart wheeled down the drive way. Once again It needs a boom, tail and rotor blades. On the work bench The rudder wanted to go full right when the throttle was advanced. On the bench the throttle worked fine and then the rudder started working fine. If you moved the tail the gyro would move the servo the way it needs to. So is this a gyro problem and what about the throttle problem. Any advice would help.
JD
Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
esmoglo

Yes this is the same darn thing that Happened to my unit but I did not have a crash, it just freaked out on me and went nuts! I really think there is a problem with these helis. I will be registering a complaint with the consumer products safety commission. There are four such units that have had the same problem locally and we were told to send them back in so ACE Hobby's could test fly the units[&o]. ACE is aware of the problem and my opinion is they are trying to keep it hush hush. I also think TT is aware of the problem but they have yet to find a solution for the problem.[:@]

Here is the link for consumer products safety commission.

https://www.cpsc.gov/talk.html

Angelo
Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 AM
jddickers

Angelo, Thanks for the info. I think TT has a problem. At this point I am afaid to fly this thing. It has all ready cost me $75.00 on the first repair now it will cost that or more on this repair. I now think this is what might have caused the first crash. I will contact Ace and see what they say. I am very disapointed being a new Heli pilot. What started out to be a great machine has turned SOUR.
JD
Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 AM
jddickers

I contacted Ace hobby today. I told them what it did and the guy acted like they hadn't heard of any problems like that, than when I told him I was told by other people with this problem he said yes there were a few returned. He told me to box it up and send it to them and they would take a look at it. I hope this isn't going to be like what we went through when they released there Rare Baer RC plane. TT new of the problems with the first release and did nothing. I hope they step up to the plate and take care of this problem. Will wait and see. In the mean time I guess I will practice on the Sim.
JD
Old 04-14-2009, 05:41 AM
jddickers

I sent the Innovator back to Ace Hobby yesterday. Will wait and see what they say. Has any one else sent there's back and have they heard any thing on what the problem might be?
JD
Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 PM
esmoglo

My unit is on its way to ACE as well! Lets see what they can come up with...Once its fixed or replaced its off to ebay no more hight tech crap for me thank you. I will use the money for a Trex 700....[:@]

Angelo
Old 04-17-2009, 12:09 PM
hawk300

hi Guys I have a Question is there any one who can tell me if I buy NO.2817 LI-PO BATT.(2000mAh/25C),is it compatible with Innovator STD MD530.
best Regards
Old 04-21-2009, 07:15 PM
aeromechanic
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Spazstic1:

It's been a while, but I'm swamped with my job's moving to a new location. Anyways, did you ordered the Quarks yet? I got a buddy who wanted one. How's the Innovator doing? I had mine do a funny thing the other day, with the battery fully charged, motor armed, ready to go, throttle up, and no take off! I then cycled the indoor/outdoor toggle switch, unplugged the lipo, and he next time was fine......... funny. I spoke to Ace about my radio's binding button not letting me do the self calibration, and the guy told me to send the radio back or if I wanted to send the whole heli altogether, haven't decided yet.... Have you flown lately? It's kinda of windy these days.

By the way, got a new Heli blog! for locals to get together and go fly in the area: http://aeromechanic.wordpress.com/ leave a reply and lets get the ball rolling!

Happy Flying,

Aeromechanic[8D]

Old 04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
jddickers

Hey all,
I talked to Ace hobby today. They said that they checked out my Innovator and found a loose wire at a servo bridge. He said that they have parts on order from Thunder Tiger. He couldn't tell me what they had on order. I asked if this is what is causing the trouble with some of the others here in Florida and he acted like he new nothing of any problems any one is having. I think they know there is a problem and they are not saying anything. They said they will get it fixed and send it back to me. Has any one else talked to them about theres? If so let us know.
JD
Old 04-22-2009, 09:21 PM
mediclavina

Ace Hobby should sort this out as quickly as possible. There are many new comers to this hobby who are considering to get this heli.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:08 PM
selena1718

hi just bought a innovator,havent gotten it yet,but was wondering if the issues have been resolved,if not is there anything i should do,really dont want to crash it,any thoughts would be great,thanks
Old 04-27-2009, 05:47 PM
aeromechanic

Hello, There!!!!

Welcome to the club! The Innovator is a great helicopter, for what it does and what it represents! it's a step ahead in design and technology for our hobby; Can you imagine what else is coming in the future? I know that there has been issues, as with any newly launched product, but I think that the bugs will eventually be worked out, Thunder Tiger has put a lot of effort and resources on this one heli, to let it go down. Just my personal opinion.
Anyways, I would strongly recommend that you see the quick set up video, that was posted by a friend in youtube, It can really help you out, specially about bonding and auto calibration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8_WA...rom=PL&index=1

I hope you enjoy it as much as some of us do.

If you live in South Florida, check my blog, I'm trying to get a bunch of flyers around my area to locate local flying sites, exchange tips, get together, etc.

http://aeromechanic.wordpress.com/

Happy Flying

aeromechanic

Old 04-27-2009, 06:33 PM
selena1718

hi aeromechanic,thanks for the reply,makes me feel a little better about buying the innovator,actually i got it brand new off ebay for 475.00.i wish i lived near you,so i can fly with other people who love this hobby,but i live in massachusetts,i only usully fly with my brother or by myself,anyway cant wait to get the heli.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
aeromechanic

Great! It's a good thing that it helped a little! That's a very good price, the one you got, good for you! I'm sure that you'll find people in your area with whom you can fly, it's only a matter of time.
Good Luck, and happy flying!

Feel Free to ask here in the thread if you need help.

Aeromechanic
Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
jddickers

I talked to Ace Hobby today. They told me they have recieved the parts to repair the Innovators. He told me mine would be repaired today and shipped out tomorrow. I have no idea what the problem was. As long as it's fixed and we have no more problems I'll be happy. Up untill it had the glitch it was a great first Heli.
JD
Old 05-06-2009, 05:22 PM
ekotil

Both the EXP and MD530 fly easier and more stable than any other CCPM helicopter on the market! The EXP in the right hands is an impressive 3D machine when properly set-up. Get the software. TT and ACE are making it right for all Innovator owners who need help! These are excellent heli's!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.