Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Need post surgery entertainment!

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Need post surgery entertainment!

Old 05-24-2009, 10:56 PM
mortimersnerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need post surgery entertainment!

Just had hip surgery, am stuck in the house at least 2 more weeks. Am planning to buy an indoor heli to help entertain me (can get around on crutches fine, just can't drive for awhile). 20+ years in land based R/C with some glider experience thrown in. Also got good enough with an Air Hog to reliably land it on the blades of my celing fan 20 feet up (tall celings). Looking for a suggestion for something that will be small enough to have lots of fun with indoors/backyard and have a budget that is $150ish, ideally with some room to order spare parts. Am looking at the Walkera versions of the Novus helicopters, mostly to be able to get parts locally, but am not sure what to buy given my experience level. I'm inclined towards the , but tend to pick this stuff up pretty fast and don't want to get bored. What do you all think my chances are of being successful with a 4#3B or 4G3? Anything else I should be looking at? Thank you!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:05 PM
mortimersnerd

Default RE: Need post surgery entertainment!

Should probably clarify that I've always wanted a RCheli, and am looking at this as a trainer to get into helis long term, rather than as a toy.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts

Well how about this?

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=EFLH2200

You don't say what radio system you're using, but this is Spektrum and you can get it either with a tx or in a BNF version for Spektrum/JR 2.4GHz tx's. It just uses four channels and setup in the aircraft mode. Very forgiving out of the box and there are lots of mods posted if you want to get more "oomph" out of it as well....

Old 06-14-2009, 08:59 PM
HSVXU6

If you want a co-axial have a look at the Lama V4. Cheap to keep in the air, good rc uni forum, alloy up grades are every where, alloy swash, head and other parts $10.00-$15.00 USD on you door steep, batteries are cheap, set up for lipos. When you get bored with it set yourself goals like following the walls all the way around a room as close as you can, follow the ceiling line and all other sorts of things. When your on your feet again go buy youself a Hurricane 550 and see if you are as good as you thought you were, Hurricane's are a great heli no matter what some might say. Some like Fords some like GM (I think they might be having a bit of bad luck) It's the same story throughout life, do you start at the top with the best or do you work your way up? Besides, not every body wants the best of a particalar item, some of us would prefer to have good quality and lots of it not the best of one thing only.