Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Corona And Eco8

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Corona And Eco8

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:47 AM
DCFLYYER
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona And Eco8

ARE THE CORONA AND ECO8 OUTDOOR BIRDS IF SO HOW DO THEY HANDEL???
DCFLYYER
Old 06-30-2003, 09:56 PM
E-gpeden

Default Corona And Eco8

Hi There, DCFLYYER,

Yes, they are both outdoor birds. They are both somewhat bothered by winds. the big difference between the two is that while some would call the ECO 8 a "flying eggshell", the Corona is very resistant to crash damage. For this reason it makes an excellent trainer. WHen I was a n00b, I used an electric conversion of the LMH110, an earlier model normally powered by a small glow engine, to rack up a lot of experience in only a few months.

If you are loooking into heli's, don't overlook the LOGO 10, a very nice machine!

(hint: turn off the caps)
Old 07-01-2003, 02:04 AM
astronut30

Default Corona And Eco8

Another major difference is that the Eco 8 is a cp heli while the Corona is a fixed pitch. I too have heard a stock Eco 8 is an eggshell compared to the Corona and to get the Eco 8 durably and flying nice, would cost lot of $$ in upgrades. If you're just learning, out of those two, you should definitely go with the Corona, it is very durable and will save you lots of $ and frustration while learning.

I learned on a Corona and I must say, I strongly recommend one, it is a great heli for learning on, I feel it's totally responsible for keeping me interested in the hobby mainly because it was very stable, set up was really easy and crashes were very cheap, in fact, out of the 5-7 times I've crashed it, and a couple was from over 12 feet into solid objects, haha, my total repair bill was less than $25 which averages out to about $3.50-$5 per crash!

A lot of people say though, just get a Logo 10 because if you stick with the hobby, you'll end up getting one anyway, didn't really dawn on me, hehe, but since the Corona, I've owned a JR Voyager E which is also a nice smooth flyer, I really liked it but I guess the Logo finally got me, I just sold my VE and ordered a Logo 10. Although I really loved my VE, I don't think I would've had that much fun learning on it mainly because it is cp and is more complicated to set up and just more things to worry about but...

Maybe E-gpeden is right, if you can spend the $, get a Logo 10 right from the get go, as stable as my VE was, which was even a lot more stable than the Corona, I heard that the Logo 10 is even a lot more stable and easier to fly! I just had to get one and see for myself, plus the Logo 10 can do mad 3D when you're ready. I haven't flown one yet, but can't wait to try! I haven't really heard too many bad things at all about the Logo 10 but just couldn't stop myself any longer from wanting to own one.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:20 AM
McKoi
My Feedback: (1)

Default consider the robbe eolo

if you going to consider the logo 10 and the eco 8 you should take a close look at the Robbe EOLO, it is the newsest heli in this class and it is a excellent heli to learn on and with no additional modifications or upgrades it flys 3d right out of the box.. it is fully bb'ed , thrust bearings in the head, auto rotation, etc etc.. all the goodies you will find only on big glow ships..
check it out, avalability is excellent, parts are very inexspensive. and it is a durable little heli
check it out at www.rchover.com

lots of info at this site and some videos too

good luck

JW
Old 07-01-2003, 12:28 PM
DCFLYYER

Default THANKS

Thanks for the replys. I have a piccolo and thought I'd have enough room to fly, well I don't. So I'm looking to for something that will fly in a light breeze. I'm some what familiar with the corona and have checked it out .
Checking out logo today.

Thanks To All
Dennis
Old 07-02-2003, 04:20 PM
Dodgey99

Default Corona And Eco8

You know what.... I hear many say that the Eco8 is a flying egg shell. I'll tell you the truth. It is a class leader in performance and duration because of it's weight. That also means it is not too tough. The resilience of your heli dictates how you fly it. I crash my Hummingbird into things on a daily basis because I can. I have crashed my Eco 8 twice, total cost, £50 UKP. I fly the Eco with care and respect. I fly the HB like a looney.

I also have a Pic Pro, which I fly with respect, and an Eolo R22, which is quite simply the best value, best flying, easiest to learn on CP heli out there.

The Corono is indeed super crash resistant, and that's great, but that's how you will fly it. You'' be shocked when you change to a proper CP heli. I'll never knock the Corona. I've never even seen one in the flesh. BUT, remember, it is how you fly it that counts.

By an Eolo R22. I have been flying for a few months, in very confined spaces. I got my Eolo and was 100ft up doing piros by the time I had got to the second battery. Awesome.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:17 PM
E-gpeden

Default Corona And Eco8

"I'll tell you the truth. "

It's not nice to insinuate that the rest of the posts are lies

I know someone who broke his just by picking it up....
Old 07-02-2003, 08:36 PM
fig8

Default Corona And Eco8

here is my advice,

if this is your first heli.. go with the Corona, crash parts are dirt cheap.. I have had some horrible crashes in my days when i was learning, that would have sent any heli to the grave-yard.

The corona is the perfect machine for first learning the orientation aspects of flying heli's, you will out grow it quickly, but you just cant beat the durability. I must have had 30-50 crashes with my corona but probably spent a total of $50.00 on parts. compare that to any other machine!

Once you are done with the corona and realize what a pain it is to fly a FP machine in wind, then its time to step up to the Logo 10, the logo 10 is by far the best machine in it's class on the market today. Comparing the ECO-8 to a Logo 10, just cant be done. The stock logo with fly awesome out of the box and its extremely high quality , the eco-8 flys great yes, but it requires alot of upgrades IMHO after you are done with the upgrades.. you have spent the cost of the logo, and the logo is more stable and forgiving then the eco-8! (go figure)

Don't get me wrong the eco-8 can be a fine machine in the hands of an experience flyer, but it is NOT by any means a beginner machine, a semi hard landing can cause you to need another kit I know this its happened to me before. There are parts to the eco-8 that they just didn't seem to spend much time thinking about, like the tail boom and frames, two key components that take alot of stress on hard landings or whatever. The tailboom is so thin you can literately "collapse" or kink it with a bit of pressure with your thumb and finger, same goes for the frames. Sure you can get the hop-up parts, but if your a beginner you are just wasting your time, cause your gonna crash it many many times before you get into the groove.

Get the Corona for learning it is hands down the best training machine you can find, and following up with the logo 10 (I think its the best kept secret cause anyone who hasn't built one or flown one, just doesn't understand why we are so nutty about them)

You can always sell the corona later to fund your logo 10

Good luck!

Gregg

P.S, and no i don't hate Ikarus they make a awseome micro, I am a true blue piccolo pro flyer, but that is a different story all together, oh and yes I own 2 Logo 10's also!
Old 07-02-2003, 09:49 PM
fig8

Default Corona And Eco8

check this link out, this one on their own forum

http://www.ikarus-modellbau.de/ubbth...b=5&o=&fpart=1
Old 07-02-2003, 10:19 PM
DCFLYYER

Default EXCELLENT REPLYS!!

Once again Thanks. Two heads are better than one! Kind of looks like people are starting to dump the Eco. Seen plenty for $300.00
bucks. Anyone have a logo10 for that? I know I know Keep looking.

Regards
DCFLYYER
Old 07-03-2003, 06:16 AM
astronut30

Default Corona And Eco8

I havent' flown or seen a Logo 10 in person but can't wait, I just missed it today :stupid: I got the UPS slip, hehe, I can't wait to see what all the hype is about, I couldn't hold off any longer, I had to own one!
Old 07-03-2003, 08:37 AM
Dodgey99

Default Corona And Eco8

What you say fig8 sounds like perfect sense. The 8 is indeed very fragile in areas. I'd like to see a logo 10 (I think I'll start considering a 10+cell heli when I go lipo - if only flight energy would reply to my emails for a Thunder power pack! - otherwise I'm stuck with 8 cells at the mo!).

The point I was trying to make though, is that you adapt your flying to a helis limitiations and weaknesses. I agree 100% that the Eco needs LOADS of fiddling to get right, unlike the Eolo (perfect from day 1), which annoyed me to the point of nearly giving up! BUT, I have learnt a whole lot about helis in the process. I had no choice as I bought the Eco as my first CP bird, based on the price (what a fool!) and had to live with it.

Now, you bu@@er, I'm looking at a logo......

Will a Mega 22/20/4 go Ok in it or am I better off chucking that in my Eolo R22... anyone? (p.s. I don't do 3D, yet)

:-)
Old 07-03-2003, 08:45 AM
astronut30

Default Re: EXCELLENT REPLYS!!

Originally posted by DCFLYYER
Once again Thanks. Two heads are better than one! Kind of looks like people are starting to dump the Eco. Seen plenty for $300.00
bucks. Anyone have a logo10 for that? I know I know Keep looking.

Regards
DCFLYYER
I think you got a better chance singing a duet with Buddy Holly for one with any electronics on it anyway
Old 07-17-2003, 03:01 PM
Delder

Default Corona And Eco8

How much for the corona?

how much for the LOGO 10
Old 07-17-2003, 03:32 PM
crazhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Default Corona And Eco8

175 + for the corona basic

339 + Logo 10 US
Old 07-25-2003, 02:15 PM
tocano

Default Corona

I also looking for a beginner heli for outdoor. I am still learning to fly Humminbird and I like to get a strong heli that I can fly outdoor. Hummingbird is strong but I still manage to break the heli . I just order more parts today. I think I'll get Robbe Eolo after I have learned enough from flying Corona. Now with the brushed motor setup with Corona I was told to use Atomic Force Motor what esc should I use with it? Also can I use the gws piezo gyro (the small gyro)? Do I need to get a heli radio or can I use a similar setup like hummingbird (piezo gyro, mixer board &esc)?
Old 07-25-2003, 03:26 PM
astronut30

Default Corona And Eco8

any 35 amp esc will be good, most use the Castle Creations pegasus 35. If you can spend the few extra bucks get a good hh gyro like a Futaba gy 240, it'll be well worth it. If you're talking about a radio for the Corona, no, you don't need a heli radio, just a plain 4 channel radio will work, but if you plan on getting cp heli's etc. later, it would be a good idea to get a heli radio...