RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   Blade 230S Smart with DX6e SMART Stability question (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/11698313-blade-230s-smart-dx6e-smart-stability-question.html)

amad 04-05-2022 04:16 PM

Blade 230S Smart with DX6e SMART Stability question

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to this heli, but not completely new to helis. I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else, but I have searched forever. I got a RTF 230s Smart. It flies great in all modes using the RTF transmitter. Stability works great, panic works great, CP works great. I then got a DX6e transmitter. I downloaded the setup from Spektrum for the 230s Smart. It flies great, except the problem is in Normal mode, it does not self stabilize when the sticks are returned to center. I've tried everything I know to do. I tried to do the calibration process, but that didn't help. When I hit the panic/bind button, it will self stabilize, but only while holding the button. I made a few adjustments based on the manual's BNF setup, but it still flies basically the same. What do I do to get it to self stabilize when in mode N (normal)? Thanks for any help!!

Outrider6 04-05-2022 05:27 PM

I own and fly one of these, but my knowledge of its workings are limited, so I can't help with your question. If you don't get an answer here, another forum you might try is here:

HF

Any time I have questions on my 230S, that is where I go, as there are lots of folks there who are very knowledgeable about it. I bought mine as a RTF version, with the cheapo TX, then later got a DX8, which was also for my airplanes, and the folks there were very helpful assisting me in getting it set up for my 230S, as well as separating Stability mode out on a separate switch. Back then, I recall finding resources here and on RCGroups being somewhat limited on the 230S, and then someone suggested that I go to HeliFreak, and then I quickly found all of the answers I needed. I imagine you can find your answer there with a search, and if not, then someone will probably answer your question pretty quickly.

I might get chewed on for sending someone here to another forum, but I don't care. I'm just trying to help out.

amad 04-05-2022 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Outrider6 (Post 12722691)
I own and fly one of these, but my knowledge of its workings are limited, so I can't help with your question. If you don't get an answer here, another forum you might try is here:

HF

Any time I have questions on my 230S, that is where I go, as there are lots of folks there who are very knowledgeable about it. I bought mine as a RTF version, with the cheapo TX, then later got a DX8, which was also for my airplanes, and the folks there were very helpful assisting me in getting it set up for my 230S, as well as separating Stability mode out on a separate switch. Back then, I recall finding resources here and on RCGroups being somewhat limited on the 230S, and then someone suggested that I go to HeliFreak, and then I quickly found all of the answers I needed. I imagine you can find your answer there with a search, and if not, then someone will probably answer your question pretty quickly.

I might get chewed on for sending someone here to another forum, but I don't care. I'm just trying to help out.

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try!