RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/1326678-who-wants-free-aero-hawk-heli.html)

Billy Hell 12-04-2003 11:49 AM

Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Hey
I have a box with a brand new Aero-Hawk micro heli inside sitting on my desk. This thing comes complete with servos, tx, rx, battery, charger and it is already built. All you need to do is charge the batteries and fly.

If one of you feel like you are the man (or woman) that deserves this heli post it in this thread.

I just want someone to fly it a lot and report back on RCUniverse with pictures and answer any questions you might get.

I will decide on the lucky future heli pilot in a week or so and ship it out free of charge. GOOD LUCK!

Jim T. Graham
PR
Hobby-lobby.com
615 373 1444 ext. 216
[email protected]

VinceHerman 12-04-2003 12:10 PM

RE: Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Well let me say that I would like to be the recipient.
I do fly a piccolo now, and would like to compare the two. I'll post all the pictures and stories you can handle! :-)

Richie 12-04-2003 01:49 PM

I am definately the man for the job. I am 26 now and have been flying helicopters since 12 and planes since 11. I am also a full scale student helicopter pilot(Sweizer 300cb). I would be able to compare this heli to many other types of models and even full scale :) The wording of my descriptions would be exciting, to the point, and helpful to anyone thinking of purchasing this helicopter. I would be happy to answer any questions anyone might have for me. I love all things aviation and would especially enjoy this opportunity to share some insight on this helicopter. By the way I do have a digital camera to post pictures with. If you would like to contact me directly my email is [email protected]. Thank you for reading my post and may the best man or women win.

P.S. I do have access to a digital video camera if you would like video posted. ;) Richie

HenRam 12-04-2003 01:57 PM

There are several reasons why I think I would be the ideal recipient of the electric heli...

To begin with, I have been looking at electrics for some time now but have been skeptical about their performance. I've been primarily looking for something I can fly indoors since the weather has been turning to freezing in the past few weekes.

Due to the onset of expecting twins, these dreams of having an electric indoor heli have been put in the back burner... not to mention the new fury I wanted to put together over the winter... Since I now don't have a winter project to work on and since the sim is starting to get stale, having an indoor heli would make those cold winter weekends a delight.

I would also be a benefit because I can now demonstrate how the RC Helis work when friends and family visit. It's difficult to get them out to my field, but if they are home, I can demonstrate how it works and maybe get them interested in the hobby. A lot of friends and family have expressed interest, but have never seen a heli in action. I think that showing it to them personally would bring them over the edge to wanting to get into the hobby.

If I do win, I would be willing to take video of me flying the heli and hosting it on my website... I could also create a complete setup page outlining the steps I took to get it in the air with a full array of pictures and descriptions... (Although minimal by your description, it may help a newbie). I can have it all setup on my web page or any page you'd like... just let me know what you prefer...

As you can see, (do a search by user) I have recently been active in responding to questions that I know the answers to... I never answer a question that I can't honestly answer correctly. I'm doing this in hope that it will propel the RC Aircraft population and help my fellow pilots out in the field. If I know the answer to any question regarding the AeroHawk, I would be more than happy and willing to help out. With the addition to the web setup page and videos of the AeroHawk flying, I am sure many questions will be answered by this means alone...

I don't want to drag this into a book, so I'll end here. I hope you can see that I would be ideal as the recipient of this heli in a way that would also benefit others.

Thanks for the opportinuty to apply for it.

beardking 12-04-2003 02:58 PM

Ah h*ll, I just want it because I like getting free stuff and I've never flown a helicopter. How's that?

Razor-RCU 12-04-2003 03:04 PM

I B DUH MAN

hedgehog23 12-04-2003 04:34 PM

I need this heli. I’m a new member here and have just purchased the Great planes flight sim G2. I saved for 1 year to buy it and now im hooked. This opportunity would be just what I need. My father has a digital camera, and my brother has a digital video camera so id love to show everyone what I can do (or what I can’t! :D )

Man I want this heli.

Dave

HenRam 12-04-2003 06:07 PM

People say that a picture is worth a thousand words... If you'd like to see what I am capable of, go to our club site at http://www.westendwings.org

Pic of me and my heli's:
http://www.westendwings.org/heliff20...s/110_1048.jpg

Pic of me mowing the lawn with a friends Fury:
http://www.westendwings.org/aerorama...s/106_0692.jpg

Video of me hovering low:
http://www.westendwings.org/videos/videoindex.html

My video is the first one on the list of videos. As you can see, Spiro also has videos on here. He's currently a member of the Brotherhood under the name szanis2000. He recommended that I add this information to show my capabilities as a pilot and a webmaster.

Here you will see a video of me down on the deck with my U-Can-Do-3D as well as pictures of my helis and one of me mowing the lawn with a friends heli inverted... Although it's not really a difficult feat, it will show you what my capablities are.

Thanks

heli 12-04-2003 07:20 PM

You should pick me heli because I am 12 years old and right now I fly an airplane called the aerobird challenger. I really like your airplanes and how many of them hobby-lobby has but my favorite section is the heli's like fun piccolo and piccolo videos you should pick me because this would be my first electric heli and i'd like to show it off to my friend austin who i gave yal's wabsite to so he can get one for christmas. I'd like to get my couisin's involved in r/c heli's but both of them drive traxxas rustlers. I would be happy to post pictures of me flying the helicopter if I win ( Please). I live near an air field so I can fly and also near a flightline hobbies witch has cars,boats,heli's,planes but I can't get a heli for christmas because i live with my sister and so you know we can't spend alot of money on me and not her. I would like this heli because it can be flown in doors and were having rainy weather in florida where I live. I'd like to see how I would react to an r/c electric heli for a newbie. So PLEASE pick me. I've love r/c alot so you should pick me heli JIM T. GRAHAM.:D;)[8D]:)

Best regards to Hobby-lobby and Jim T. Graham:D

deadbench 12-04-2003 09:05 PM

my reason for being a receipent is straight forward.
i wanna know how good is a micro heli and how long an average newbie would take.. to fly his heli ,bought/gotten online,on his own.
thanks!

Keith Buckner 12-04-2003 11:22 PM

Well,, One of my best mates runs a high end "Gentleman's club", so I would use it to entice and train beautiful, scantilly clad, young ladies into the hobby.

One thing that really seems to be missing in this world is hot nubile young ladies flying electric helis.

Of course pics of these scantilly clad vamps would soon follow!!

If you don't believe me, take a look at one of my typical weekends:
http://home.bham.rr.com/adahle/

KB

bms 12-04-2003 11:49 PM

I would love one to compare to the Freda Dragon fly. I'm New to Helicopter (1 year now), but been flying RC Aircraft for a LOOOONG time.

So Santa, can I have a Heli for Christmas :D

Cheers
Paul

3D Nut 12-05-2003 11:13 AM

Billy Hell

How are you supposed to keep you eyes on that heli with a body like that... That's not fair. Keep in mind this is about RC not Playboy. Brotherhood under the name szanis2000

SilverEagle2 12-05-2003 11:37 AM

Billy Hell,

I do not know if I can compete with the others that have posted here, but maybe I can persuade you to agree with me.

I am a new heli pilot that has been flying planks for several years. I was always under the impression that heli's were boring and not at all fun to fly. I was then humbled when I was handed the sticks at my LHS of a hummingbird and I was hooked. I subsequently purchased a hummingbird and have been loving it ever since.

So why do I deserve it you ask?

My wife is a wonderfully supportive woman. She has always liked how I get real giddy when I come home from a day of flying, finish a project, or start a new kit. She rarely complains when I spend all of a Saturday at the airfield. After getting the hummingbird, I have noticed that she watches me fly it like a hawk and is really interested in how it works. I have yet to ask her if she would like to fly it. She is always real nervous about picking up a TX of mine and fly even when I assure her it is okay. She knows how important my planes and heli are to me and would hate to be the reason it got broken. I have offered to buy her an airframe, but again she would be scared because then she could be responsible for breaking something expensive. (Obviously a trait I do not have!)

So here is my proposition. If you give it to me, I would give it to my wife. This way, there would be no fear on her side of breaking one of my birds, because it would be hers. She would not be afraid of the money issue because you would be the kind donor of the airframe. I would train her to fly it, take pictures of her flying it, and even video her flying it as a promotion of women in the sport of RC Heli Flight. I think if I could remove the obstacles in her mind that are in her way of getting hooked on RC, our marriage would be all the better!!!!! :D:D:D Your donation could make us a complete RC family and me a very happy guy!

Thanks for the consideration,

Jason

deletemenow 12-05-2003 11:59 AM

Wow this is kool

Billy your post said to send e-mail and then you said post it in this thread. So I sent you email.
Thanks

Billy Hell 12-05-2003 02:47 PM

Sorry about the unclear post. Just post your response in this thread. You guys that sent me a email already are fine. I have them all in a folder. THANKS!!!

eddieto 12-05-2003 05:20 PM

Hello !
First of all thank you for your offer ! After many years I decided to get back into the R/C scene becouse i needed something to take my mind off my work. As a teenager I used to build and fly airplanes and gliders but recently I challenged myself to try a heli.

I bought my first and only heli ,a Smartech Skylark on Ebay..... big mistake ! as I found out later ... due to the frequency it came with this heli had a mind of it's own and everytime I tried to fly the darn thing it just became possessed and becouse of radio interference frequently it would just spin around violently even when I had my hands off the controls ! I ended up on two occasions sending for more parts....needless to say my heli liked slamming into walls and everything else that was in the way...

After a few weeks telling myself not to give up and thinking that somehow I could domesticate this wild thing I actually got it to hover just a little so I decided it was time to go to a nice large field where I would not have any obstructions.Once at the field I was able to somehow successfully hover the heli higher than I had ever in my wildest dreams ....But .......for whatever reason power was cut off and the little bird came slamming down nose first into the ground tearing up the receiver & gyro:( .Becouse of the cost to repair I decided that this heli would be sent to rest at heli heaven ...wherever that is :)

I really have gotten the heli bug and don't plan on giving up this sport anytime soon .I do not have money to buy another heli at this time so all the more frustrating since I am new to this sport and without a heli I can't fly !![&:]

Please don't feel sorry for me as I know that my heli is somewhere resting safely but if you find that I deserve your heli than I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart .

I do have a digital camera and would take all sorts of pictures and keep you updated as to my progress...Thank you for your time and again for considering giving away your heli.:eek:

Keeping my fingers crossed !

Eddie

MTDV 12-05-2003 07:38 PM

To whom it concerns,

I am a designer of the Autonomous Vehicles Laboratory at the University of Texas at Arlington (http://interdev.uta.edu/reyes/AVL). If you are serious about your helicopter freebie, please visit our web site and donate it to our school. We are having very limited budget to join the National UAV contest next year (http://interdev.uta.edu/reyes/AVL/AU...ND%20RULES.pdf). We’ll sure to report anything that you request as well as your company name on our UAV. Thank you very much for your time and efforts.

Regards,

Minhtuan Vo
Graduated Student
Autonomous Vehicles Laboratory
The University of Texas at Arlington

Why Not 12-06-2003 01:01 AM

Crazy.. I was surfing around for info on elec micro heli's (a Piccolo Fun should be arriving any day now!), and happened upon this site. I have elec boats, used to have cars, even a Hitec Sky Scooter from (where else?) Hobby Lobby. :)

Ok, Why me? I was just telling my step-son (14) tonight I doubt I'd be letting his Nintendo Thumbs at my Heli for a while yet (as this being my first heli, if it gets destroyed, I'd much prefer it at my own hands... LOL). I think he'd be quite surprised if we started learning to fly together, let alone him on his own machine. I think it'd be good for both of us.

I have been messing around with R/C vehicles since the mid '80's- cars mostly, boats more recently, wanting to start something different with helicopters, something to play with in / around the house. :)

If you're aiming for a full "newbie flying experience", that's us. Also have digital camera, and a tendency to type a lot... ;)

Very cool market research method!

Take Care,
Paul

PS- Any ?'s, just ask!

Pipeous 12-06-2003 03:48 AM

I can't resist. I see this thread at the top of the list and had to post. Cheers to Hobby-Lobby for putting this together.

I myself am fairly new to helis but have been around rc's for a long time and offer advice and setup information on many forum boards. I am fairly new to RCU and spend more time reading than answering questions I have to admit, but pop my nickname in the top of your browser and you will see I am truly a forum junky unafraid to voice my opinions. Just a big kid caught in this adult body and never have enough toys. I even gave up my car and ride transit so I can afford to keep the stock up.

I have 3 helis now and enjoy talking about them. I recently traded a plane for a Hummingbird and it is almost ready to go, just waiting for the crystal to arrive so I can fly it. This will definatley give me a good comparison in which to demonstrate my typewritten eloquence (can't exactly call it verbal on a forum). Since getting started in helis, I just don't play with the other rc's much anymore, aside from racing.
I have always done what I can to promote rc as best I can and having a heli like this would afford me the luxury of letting newbies try out a heli without a great fear of loss. I have my own picture server, digi vid cam and always have a camera person to shoot video and pics. I too have given away stuff locally to new people (on our local forum) just to give back a bit to the community as was done for me when I started.

I may not be the most qualified as far as technical info, but I can get my point across fairly well. And if I am not sure, I can research pretty much anything pretty quick before responding so as not to pass on false information.
Regardless whether I am selected or not, thanks for the chance and congrats to the person that does win.

rcprincess 12-06-2003 06:40 AM

Well, first off I am very very very new, to this site, but I have to say I love this already, I did some browsing before I signed up.

Why I deserve to win this Heli?
I think I deserve to win this Heli, because for nearly a year now I have been saving money to try to get a Savage, now I will not be able to, I am a homemaker (don't make much money doing that), I'm a mother of one, and have another one on the way, I think that me winning this Heli would be great for me, as I do not have anything R/C of my own yet, because my husband gets all the toys. I think it is my turn.:) Either way I'd like to congradulate the winner in advance, who ever it turns out to be.

grbicking 12-07-2003 11:02 PM

I would like to start off by saying I have no experience with R/C helicopters. I was surfing the web looking to get into electric helicopters and came across this site and the offer. I am currently a college student and with the semester ending will have plenty of time to test the helicopter out, learn everything there is to know about it, and answer all questions anyone will have.

With my dedication to my college work, I don't know if I can really afford to buy an electric heli, I was going to credit card it against my mind that tells me to save up for it first, but obsessions can be that way.

I promise if I win the heli, as a beginner pilot to take pictures of all the steps to becoming a successful pilot with the helicopter so others interested in this sport will know what to do.

Thank you for the offer.

George

Tubes 12-07-2003 11:48 PM

Hello Billy Hell
I have been into rc for many years now and got my first two helis this year. Would love to compare my Hawk Sport and Hummingbird to the Aero-Hawk. I can provide many digital pics with my new camera.
Plus, I think you should give it to a fellow 1%er.[8D] See you at Daytona in March !!

Reuben

Fitz21 12-08-2003 01:44 PM

I luv helicopters!!! Piccolo pro(I take this with me when i travel) and a Kyosho caliber 30 for when i am at home. I never leave home without a heli. Would really like to see how that bird stands up against the Piccolo.

THanks.

tguitars 12-09-2003 01:26 PM

I'm COMPLETELY NEW to helicopters, what better person to donate a helicopter to??? This forum is my FIRST post, you've inspired me to learn EVERYTHING I can about helicopters!!

Now, let me repay you by using the heli you donate to me by taking pictures of the successful RC HELICOPTER PILOT that YOU'VE created!

Good luck to everyone, and I think it's a great idea you're doing here.

PS. I'll pay shipping. AND! I'll send you a copy of my comedy music album "The Cucumber Tree" by my comedy band Lord of the Pants..... EVERYONE WINS!