RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric RC Helis (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/)
-   -   Mini Titan thread (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-rc-helis-167/5974113-mini-titan-thread.html)

noguy 07-22-2007 12:11 PM

RE: Mini Titan thread

Well Bad news today. My Waypoint tail servo didnt have a 6v rating for a reason I think. Probably because they catch on fire at 6v. [:@] Well I tried to save a buck and now its on to a futaba digital.....
I will be adding some radix blades and a futaba tail servo this week. So I will post some results once I get things switched around.

Also anyone else flying one of these thing would you mind posting your swash setup. I am particularly interested in how many degrees of swash angle you have on your cyclic. I heard that 8 degrees is a max for the trex450. However this thing has doggish cyclic response with this swash angle. I flew it for a while with about 20 degrees and it rolled nicely. However I am afraid to get blade stall at full pitch so I am back down on the swash mix for now.

Noah

noguy 07-25-2007 08:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I have a little update. CF blades rule. I have not had a chance to do much flying with them yet. but I hover tested last night. I put some radix CF 325mm mains on. The average amp draw dropped & from what I can tell from the eagle tree data before I was drawing ~180mAh for 1 minute of hovering in normal mode. With the new blades it was down to ~140mAh. I couldnt believe the differnce. The heli also seemed more responsive and more stablein hover. I love these blades... :D:D:D

Also I replaced my cooked tail servo with a futaba S9650. I like it so far but havent had a chance to test it out in backwards flight yet.

heres the eagle tree chart from my test hover with the radix blades: RPM sensor was buggin out ???

noguy 08-01-2007 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh...My MT has had her maiden crash.... And it was a real smack down.
I will be changing a few things I think in the rebuild so I will post when back in the air. Really loving the radix blades & the 9650.... gy401&s9650 are A+++++++++
Also is anyone else out there on RCU flying one of these??? Or are guizmo17 & I alone.
damage report:
blades, flybar, paddles, flybar control frame, spindle, main shaft, main gear, rotor head, blades grips, & pretty much every control link...err [:@] Hit hard inverted. [&o]
Pics of the carnage.

Guizmo17 08-06-2007 10:29 AM

I'm sorry for you man ! But it's part of the game. I sure i will crash it more then now, but i'm hoping it will not before long time. I made a little video on youtube [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIhihmlAxrs]here[/link] next week a in flight vid.

Guizmo17 08-08-2007 03:50 PM

Yeppeeeeee! Here a new [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a6BZjGvH4w]video In board cam[/link] Powershot A450. Only strap with rupper. I will make more movies. I love this heli. In few weeks i'm planning 3d.

noguy 08-09-2007 12:40 AM

Very nice guizmo,
That cam takes nice vid. where did you buy?

Guizmo17 08-09-2007 07:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well its a small digital camera from canon. Nothing wireless, just the cam attach under the heli. It fly great on over but today i will try again the wind is more calm.

Guizmo17 08-10-2007 09:05 AM

There a new one ! I'm so happy of this heli.
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmegzRwRk54]Onboard video cam[/link]

noguy 08-10-2007 10:19 PM

Very nice... I like the captions. Smooth flying as well.

jwk72 08-19-2007 08:34 PM

OK guys, I've got a question for you all.I'm looking int getting one of these and I'm up in the air between this and a T-rex. I am new to helis after flying planes for a while and started off last year with a Blade CX. Have been flying on the sim for a few months and do ok. I have a Raptor 50 that I've had a few flights on, but basically just getting used to it with hovering and basic FF. I want to get into something that i can fly in the park by house because I don't have the time to fly the big bird more than a few hours, once a week. Most guys around me are all T-rex nuts and are trying to talk me into one of those. There are however a few guys that really like these, but have limited time flying them (they are instructors) so cannot give a real good opinion. Any input as to the pros and cons of the mini Titan vs. the T-rex???

-Jay K.

Guizmo17 08-20-2007 08:47 AM

Right,

So the Mini Titan IS a GREAT heli. I don't have a T-rex to compare so I can only tell you what i know about my Mini Titan. The over a reallly smooth, and the Fast forward flight are clean. The bird responds are fast because of the 120 degree CCPM. All that I can tell is if you friends are T-rex freaks then if you have some problem you can ask them and have a quick tip. The parts for the Mini Titan are strong and [link=https://www.helikraft.com/]here[/link] where I order .

BTW[link=http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Galilee1986] here [/link]a new video

jwk72 08-20-2007 08:53 AM

Cool video... your nuts[X(][X(][X(].

-Jay K.

Guizmo17 08-20-2007 08:57 AM

Lol.. Thanks Give me like 30 min or so and a new movie on the same lick. Just made a new flight. :-P I really like this heli Really.

Dr. Bellows 08-22-2007 03:35 PM

I have a question on the radio set-up on the Mini Titan. I am using the Spektrum system with the AR6100 receiver and the manual for the Titan (pg 38) says to set trims,knobs and switches to the neutral position. What is the throttle neutral position? Idle or center stick?
Thanks

Dr. Bellows 08-22-2007 08:25 PM

I figured it out- Center Pitch!

Guizmo17 08-29-2007 07:18 PM

How can i go invert what are the settings on radio (6EXH Series) and on the heli ? Do I have to get a pitch gauge ? or any thing ? PLz help me i want to got invert.

noguy 09-03-2007 11:31 AM

Guizmo17,

You need to program the "idle up" or "stunt mode" for your radio. I am not familiar with the 6ex. It should be a switch on the left/top of Tx. Read your manual and figure how to go into the programming for the pitch and throttle curves. You should invest in a pitch guage.

You heli should be set up OK mechanically since you are flying in normal mode just fine. Your normal mode "pitch curve" should be fairly linear and start out somewhere around 50% and go up to 100% at full throt. For "idle up" mode your "pitch curve" should be a strait linear line going from 0% to 100%.
When the heli is mechanically set up properly, 0% on the pitch curve should make full negative pitch. 50% should be zero pitch. And 100% should make full positive pitch.

As for the throttle curves they are also different for normal mode and idle up mode. Check out how your Tx was set up for normal mode and let me know.
If you are using a esc with a governer your curve will be something like 0-80-80-80-80
If your esc is not in governer mode then your curve will be more like 0-25-50-75-100 this is for normal mode.
Let me know what yours looks like and we can go from there.

Guizmo17 09-04-2007 01:49 PM

Ok,

Give me like a week to receive my parts cause just crashed. The tail fin and the flybar broked, i'll buy [link=http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=AGNH1000]this for the gauge[/link]

Thaks again.

noguy 09-08-2007 01:30 PM

I think that price is a little high if it is in USD currency. I bought the same one [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/2_403_609/products_id/9637]HERE[/link] for $12usd.
Post your current Tx settings if you can.

noguy 09-19-2007 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well after another crash I have gone to a new canopy and a new paint scheme. Its nothing fancy but its easy to see in the air. Also I just bought a new pack. An FP EVO-lite. I am eager to try this pack out but have to wait until this weekend to get a connector soldered on. Anyways I'll update my opinion on the new pack and update the thread with my current settings soon.

Dr. Bellows, glad to see another mini titan pilot her on RCU. I was begging to think that only Guizmo & I were alone.

BarracudaHockey 09-20-2007 12:48 PM

Having tinkered with both the Trex 450sa and the mini titan extensively for the last few weeks I'd get a mini titan if I were just buying one to keep.

noguy 09-20-2007 03:56 PM

I dont have a rex but I cant afford both and looked real hard at both before purchasing my MT. I really like how easy this MT is to work on! HUGE plus to me.

redvtr1000 09-22-2007 05:49 PM

Fellas,

I just got my mini titan on friday (kit form with motor and esc) and have a couple general assembly questions that anyone should be able to answer (whether you built the kit or took the easy way out). The main motor, should the wires that come out of the motor be exiting right on top of the adjustment screw or do I have the motor configured incorrectly on the plate.

Basically, no problem installing this way and it looks like thats how it can go but I would think they wouldn't be that close to the screw., kinda puts pressure on the wires.

Maybe a pic from the top down over the motor with canopy removed would help. Also, manual seems to skip any info on the esc and how to set/wire it up. This is my first electric build in a looooooong time but has been good so far.

DA

BarracudaHockey 09-22-2007 07:35 PM

Answered your wire question in the other thread you started.

I put the ESC up under the battery right in front of the motor. They are both presoldered if you bought the ace one that I got with mine. Other wise solder bullet style connectors on both. You want the females on the hot side so the females go on the esc and the males on the motor, make sure to heat shrink everything, esp the female side, right up to the edge so they dont short out.

Then plug the esc wire into channel 3, if you have Futaba you will have to reverse the throttle channel.

The ESC should come with a book, you have to hook it up to the motor to hear the beeps but basically you have to power it up with the stick at full throttle and that puts it into programming mode, then you set high stick, low stick and several options.

Tmgdwn 09-23-2007 09:42 AM

I've had problems with the tail wagging on my Titan as though the gain on the gyro is too high, but even with a different gyro this still happened. (gain was set to <= 30%) In the end I traced it to the tail servo, changed this from the Ace RC C1016 to a cheap servo I had and problems gone. Gain now set to 50%. Servo seemed fine, so what was the problem? I realise that I need to put a decent servo in, what do folk recommend?